Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

public mobile drops unlimited talk and text to $35 a month!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2010 7:50 am
Tags:
None
Dec 8, 2010
65 posts
8 upvotes

public mobile drops unlimited talk and text to $35 a month!

just checked the public mobile website and they've dropped their $40 talk and text plan down to $35!

now if only they would get some better phones.

they are also running a holiday promotion where you get $10 off and unlimited long-distance for 6 months for just $25. suppose to be at this link but it's not there yet. if you watch the front page it comes up in the second picture thing.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Meh.

1. Uses CDMA.
2. No data.
3. Coverage map small.
4. Run by an ex-Bell CEO.
5. In 4 years their plan is to sell out to Bell.

Stick with Wind.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
2344 posts
131 upvotes
JAC wrote: Meh.

1. Uses CDMA.
2. No data.
3. Coverage map small.
4. Run by an ex-Bell CEO.
5. In 4 years their plan is to sell out to Bell.

Stick with Wind.

or Mobilcity
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
I agree....Data is going to be a necessity in the future over mobile and this brand can't even implement data because this frequency it uses doesn't have the extra space for it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: I agree....Data is going to be a necessity in the future over mobile and this brand can't even implement data because this frequency it uses doesn't have the extra space for it.

Actually the CEO said there launching data in Jan. of 2011.
Jan 13, 2010
274 posts
96 upvotes
Yep its true that their adding data, problem is their phones are horrible.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
R5R wrote: Yep its true that their adding data,
Or you could get unlimited talk, text, and data right now for $40 with Wind (who will probably be around longer than Public.....) and there is no contract, plenty of phone choices, and they are going to not raise this price for as long as your account remains in good standing (considering the 50 years I have left....it'll be neat to be paying $40 (when others will be paying $450 a month then, my heirs will be fighting over the account....)

Oh, and that includes all your North America calls, caller ID, three-way calling, voicemail, etc.

And tethering the data to your computer is also allowed....
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
Why would anyone want to buy PM?
They have dud spectrum which is incompatible with every other network.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
Sucks being in quebec for wireless.. Videotron is not doing as good a job as Wind with pricing... My corporate plan credits just expired.. I need a new deal but retention wont budge !!