• Mar 19th, 2017 5:31 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3791 posts
1237 upvotes
BC
TheOtherWhiteMeat wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 4:58 pm
Technically support can"t be much worse than the support hose offered previously by Public Mobile when ran by Alek Krstajic.
Yup, now Freedom customers are now enjoying the taste of Alex Krstajic! 3GB of LTE data for $45/month then dial up speeds afterward. I think I'll stick to PM's $38 + potential price increases for 4 GB of LTE and Canada-wide coverage.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Nov 28, 2013
487 posts
211 upvotes
mobifree wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 9:19 am
Why wouldn't they just let the Koodo customer service reps take the Public Mobile legacy customers?
Cause training 2 different systems for front line support staff is a bigger PITA.

UI and steps would be different, and you can bet they're not going to pay to revamp the internal PM system to be like Koodoo's just for a few legacy customers.
Mar 18, 2015
826 posts
161 upvotes
Antarctica
mobifree wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 9:19 am
Why wouldn't they just let the Koodo customer service reps take the Public Mobile legacy customers?
Need the extra 1℅ increase in profits to buy that extra yacht bro. Customers ain't got choice.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2305 posts
376 upvotes
If I understand process correctly... to go from legacy PM prepaid to Koodoo postpaid... there will be a credit check or id simply for promo purposes [wonder if they put this info in their database]?

How do I take advantage of this offer?
To get this offer, follow these easy steps:
Figure out which Koodo store is closest to you - You can find this information in the text message you received from us or by checking here.
Before leaving, make sure to bring these 4 things:
Your phone
2 pieces of valid ID including 1 piece of photo ID for verification
Your Public Mobile account number
Your promo code in the text message you received from us
Once you get to the store, you’ll need to show the Koodo rep your promotional text message, which will contain a promo code. The rep will then be able to help you switch.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3396 posts
437 upvotes
crap ... got that text ... so what is everybody doing ?
Apr 17, 2014
488 posts
138 upvotes
Corunna, ON
So the text is only for the legacy customers right? The current prepaid people that are on 90 plans aren't affected.

The legacy people still get the ability to call in for support. Which they probably want to kill.
Jul 21, 2009
245 posts
47 upvotes
London
I am staying since I don't want to loose the ability to purchase a data add on. I only use a bit of data each month so its perfect for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2305 posts
376 upvotes
They now have extended date to get Koodoo plans to April 30
Feb 13, 2017
257 posts
1237 upvotes
Bin Dopin's CANistan
georvu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 4:19 pm
They now have extended date to get Koodoo plans to April 30
Merci Buckets Pal of mino.
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"