Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Public Mobile --> Koodo $40/6GB YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2018 12:36 pm
Jun 21, 2018
5 posts
76 upvotes

Public Mobile --> Koodo $40/6GB YMMV

Hi,
I signed up for the Walmart free sim/$10 credit promo last month for the 4.5GB 3gb plan. I just received the following text offering to switch me to the $40/6GB Koodo plan. Good Luck!!

Screenshot_20180717-151146.png
Thread Summary
Koodo changed the website but the instructions on the promo site didn't change. BYOD SIM is now under, er, "Bring Your Own Phone". From there you can enter the promo code.

309 replies
Aug 12, 2015
267 posts
269 upvotes
Concord, ON
I just got the offer from Koodo for $40 4GB LTE plan. Yours seems better.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9091 posts
4542 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
No $100 bill credit though. Guess because OP's plan is 30 day? Still loses the rest of the plan depending on renewal day of month.
Oct 5, 2005
186 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't forget to get a referral link from an existing Koodo user in order to get $50 in bill credits.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
Slightly off topic, but related to the text in the offer....

What exactly do they mean when they say that somebody might be eligible for a "$0" phone on a tab? Are they going to offer you a free phone, or does the fact that they mention "tab" mean that they're offering to sell you the phone at a price that'll be deducted monthly by increasing your plan cost?
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9091 posts
4542 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
sswilson wrote: Slightly off topic, but related to the text in the offer....

What exactly do they mean when they say that somebody might be eligible for a "$0" phone on a tab? Are they going to offer you a free phone, or does the fact that they mention "tab" mean that they're offering to sell you the phone at a price that'll be deducted monthly by increasing your plan cost?
$0 just refers to zero-down upfront. You still pay a monthly tab charge to finance the phone for 24 months.
Jul 12, 2012
85 posts
112 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What are the chances of getting this offer if I'm on the PM $10 talk/text plan?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
ToniCipriani wrote: $0 just refers to zero-down upfront. You still pay a monthly tab charge to finance the phone for 24 months.

Thanks for the response. That's what I figured, but being a BYOP/no contract phone user I wasn't sure.
Nov 24, 2016
543 posts
190 upvotes
Calgary
I got the PM 4.5GB 3g as well, haven't got any text for that from koodo
Dec 4, 2013
898 posts
464 upvotes
WestGTA
But then the Tab goes away after 24 months, kind of like interest free loan for the phone you get for 24 months.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9091 posts
4542 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
For those who didn't get the text, you can still try putting your number and promo code to check if you're eligible. I was on $38/4GB 90-day, never got all those texts but was still eligible for $40/6GB.

Feel free to ask any questions, I've been through the Koodo activation process many times.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2831 posts
2770 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there anywhere in the self-serve portal to see if you're subscribed or not to offers like this? The OP screen shot shows instructions on how to unsubscribe, but I can't for the life of me find a place to manage communication preferences in my online account (I want to make sure I've said Yes you can send me offers!).
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Jun 21, 2018
5 posts
76 upvotes
I went through the motions on line and the migration plan with the tab is only valid for small or medium tabs. I might do it and then just get the phone on the medium tab later when better deals on the phone come out.

For what its worth, I got the public mobile plan on June 26. So, it's been about 3 weeks before I got the migration offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
CowboysSB wrote: I went through the motions on line and the migration plan with the tab is only valid for small or medium tabs. I might do it and then just get the phone on the medium tab later when better deals on the phone come out.

For what its worth, I got the public mobile plan on June 26. So, it's been about 3 weeks before I got the migration offer.
Yeah, I technically have only been on this plan for a couple of weeks since I upgraded the 2.5GB plan by waiting until that term ended. Could be I'll see an offer later this month.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2831 posts
2770 upvotes
Ottawa
I must be missing something. When I go to the URL, the instructions say:
  1. Select "Switch now" below
  2. Pick a phone (or, choose a SIM card if you already have a phone)
  3. Add a promo code and validation code
  4. Pick your plan
  5. To bring your phone number to Koodo, select "transfer my current number" during the check out process
  6. Check out!
But after I pick a phone, there's nowhere to put the promo code and/or validation code. It just asks me to pick a plan (which isn't supposed to happen until step 4). Did I do something wrong? Am I just not seeing where you put the promo code?
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Nov 22, 2012
755 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Kurawit wrote: What are the chances of getting this offer if I'm on the PM $10 talk/text plan?
I guess it is targeting Public Mobile plans above $40 per month.
NA
Sep 8, 2013
709 posts
270 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Good luck guys! What a deal going from 3G to 4G with high data cap :)
Last edited by TheGivingTree on Jul 17th, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
victor158128 wrote: I just got the offer from Koodo for $40 4GB LTE plan. Yours seems better.
You might want to check and see if your phone number works with the code from OP's text message. During the big migration where they were trying to boot all of us off the 6gb/$40 LTE PM plan, even folks who didn't get the text messages for the deals were still eligible to use all the codes.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11174 posts
9987 upvotes
Kootenays
CowboysSB wrote: I went through the motions on line and the migration plan with the tab is only valid for small or medium tabs. I might do it and then just get the phone on the medium tab later when better deals on the phone come out.

If you wait until the weekend, there might be incentives for med tab phones that are only accessible for new activations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)