Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Public Mobile --> Koodo $40/6GB YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2018 12:36 pm
Jan 7, 2015
53 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I too recently switched to Public Mobile and got the text message from Koodo to try to get me to switch. I entered the promotional code and it also asked me for my Public Mobile phone number to verify. It appears these are the plans that are specially discounted for Public Mobile customers! I am BYOP, so there will be no tab charge for me, but this should give you an idea the various discounted plans that might be available to you.

$25 per month
+ applicable monthly tab charge
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)1
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling2
Additional data $7/100 MB
$30 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store
$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!

$35 per month
1 GB of Shock-Free™ data4
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling2

$40 per month
4 GB of Shock-Free™ data4

$55 per month
6 GB of Shock-Free™ data4
Images
  • screencapture-koodomobile-rate-plans-2018-07-17-18_28_54.png
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
wing0 wrote: I got an offer on one of the lines, but I originally was going to port out my Koodo line to it. Now I am stuck with having to port out Koodo to something else. Get this migration plan onto Koodo and then port back just so I don't lose my old number.

What's the cheapest way to do this?
I believe the only way to do this is to port to Koodo prepaid, and then back in. If you port to any other provider, you won't be able to port back in for 30 days. Also, if you're doing that, make sure to get a referral code before you port back in :)
Jul 16, 2018
43 posts
27 upvotes
Hey guys, new to RFD here. Made an account just for this!

Ok so if I have my own device, steps to reproduce this would be:

1. Sign up with Public Mobile with my own device
2. Wait for text (??)
3. Do the swap to Koodo?

Am I missing anything? Some people seem to report it's hit or miss.
Sep 26, 2016
153 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I was with Public Mobile for the last promotion and got the $50/5GB plan, called Koodo a few days ago and they were happy to upgrade me to what is essentially this plan ($40/6GB). Maybe now is a good time for those who got worse offers last time to call in?
Images
  • planinfo.png
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Nov 28, 2010
228 posts
150 upvotes
Weird. My wife and I switched to Public Mobile on the same day earlier this month. She got the 4gb offer and I got the 6gb offer. Whack!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
ww wrote: Weird. My wife and I switched to Public Mobile on the same day earlier this month. She got the 4gb offer and I got the 6gb offer. Whack!!!
Are they different codes in the SMS msg?
Jul 1, 2011
25 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Anyone on the original 90day 4x40 get this offer again?

Got it in March/May but trying it now says my number is not available for the promo.

Also, anyone have success combining these offers with say wow mobile/ Walmart deals or has to be a Koodo kiosk?
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
Also got 4gb for 40.

I ported only couple weeks ago. Is koodo better or something?

Strangely when I logged in. It shows I'm 4.5gb for 40
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
I switched to PM from Koodo for the 4.5GB for $40 offer earlier this month. I just got a text to move BACK to Koodo for 6GB for $40 (at 4G), which is fully 6 times the data I had with Koodo initially and totally unlimited voice, which I didn't have before. This is really stupid, but that said I'll probably switch back now. I'm never going to use all that data either. Full speed LTE is pretty nice though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5144 posts
2189 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: I believe the only way to do this is to port to Koodo prepaid, and then back in. If you port to any other provider, you won't be able to port back in for 30 days. Also, if you're doing that, make sure to get a referral code before you port back in :)
Thanks, you reminded me of this issue.
Do you know if Telus prepaid/PM would be valid to overcome the 30 days limit?
Somebody mentioned it in this thread, but I don't see a real confirmation.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-p ... e-2184779/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5144 posts
2189 upvotes
Mississauga
derekmcl wrote: Yes. I did just that when I moved from PM to Koodo several months ago.

Use the promo code from the OP’s screen shot in the Koodo website. Then plug in your PM phone number in the “validation code “ window which will pop up. If your phone line qualifies for the promo, you will get to the next screen. If not, you will get a raspberry from the system.

As was mentioned earlier, I wouldn’t sign up on the website. Wait for Walmart to have a $200 gift card bonus weekend and get a shiny new phone either to keep or sell.

As always, don’t forget to get a referral from an existing Koodo member before you sign up with Koodo, so you can claim your $50 bill credit!
Koodo started charging the $30 connection fee if you do things in kiosk. Does this still apply in Walmart or WOW?
Jul 29, 2016
848 posts
243 upvotes
Anyone have any luck switching to this if you didn't receive a text from PM and your number doesn't work in the validation field?
Dec 11, 2009
465 posts
417 upvotes
New Westminster
wing0 wrote: Koodo started charging the $30 connection fee if you do things in kiosk. Does this still apply in Walmart or WOW?
Yes, but you will more than make that back with the value of the Walmart gift card, which you can then use to buy a prepaid visa or MasterCard, if you prefer.

And then there is the referral credit if you can find a Koodo friend. Hugging Face
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
According to Mobile syrup, store reps are able to switch the plan for pm customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
JasonH89295 wrote: What is the promo code?
It's in the OP's screenshot - JOINKOODO5406
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
I curently have 2 lines from koodo. Is there a way to get this plan or its only for PM to Koodo?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: I curently have 2 lines from koodo. Is there a way to get this plan or its only for PM to Koodo?
Sign up with Public Mobile, sit back and wait for the migration offer. It seems like they aren't waiting long to offer it these days, inside of 30 days for many. They just brought back the plan which migrates to this one. I posted it in a new thread.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
SeriousSteve23 wrote: Hey guys, new to RFD here. Made an account just for this!

Ok so if I have my own device, steps to reproduce this would be:

1. Sign up with Public Mobile with my own device
2. Wait for text (??)
3. Do the swap to Koodo?

Am I missing anything? Some people seem to report it's hit or miss.
That's pretty much it. But there's no guarantee you'll get the migration text. It's a gamble, but seems to be a pretty reasonable one.
ww wrote: Weird. My wife and I switched to Public Mobile on the same day earlier this month. She got the 4gb offer and I got the 6gb offer. Whack!!!
I bet if you call in, they'd be able to give you the 6gb plan. Back when my wife moved over at the end of Feb or whenever, she signed up with the 4gb plan originally. Then like 2 days later the 6gb plan arrived. I called in and was able to switch her over to the 6gb plan.
wing0 wrote: Thanks, you reminded me of this issue.
Do you know if Telus prepaid/PM would be valid to overcome the 30 days limit?
Somebody mentioned it in this thread, but I don't see a real confirmation.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-p ... e-2184779/
I've never seen it confirmed, so to play it safe I'd stick with the tried and true method.
wing0 wrote: Koodo started charging the $30 connection fee if you do things in kiosk. Does this still apply in Walmart or WOW?
Yup, but as mentioned, that should be offset by any bonus cards you get (otherwise, no point in actually going to Walmart or Wow, really).
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Whats the chance of getting this plan if I switch from Koodo to Public mobile and wait for the offer or using the promo code?
-