Cell Phones

Public Mobile to Koodo Migration $50/8gb - DO NOT ask for VALIDATION/REFERRAL CODE

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 2:12 pm
Nov 24, 2003
397 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Tobsterboi wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 12:05 am
Dear all public mobile lottery ticket holders,

No more $40 plan from now on. And even if there is you might not have a winning ticket. Your next best bet would be getting a virgin prepaid and when 30 days is up you are automatically eligible for an upgrade to virgin postpaid $40 6gb plan no contract. Walmart and virgin stores confirmed that. It might not be your favorite carrier but you ticket with virgin is a guarantee WIN!

Sincerely,

A very disappointed PM customer
Actually the best bet is probably taking the next migration plan to get a subsidized phone without paying a connection fee, paying the tab and moving to Virgin. I'm not disappointed though, I'm quite happy with what PM is giving me. Telus' network is much better than Bell or Rogers at my house, and PM gives me a cheap way to access it.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18798 posts
6819 upvotes
Toronto
goathead wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:37 pm
Actually the best bet is probably taking the next migration plan to get a subsidized phone without paying a connection fee, paying the tab and moving to Virgin. I'm not disappointed though, I'm quite happy with what PM is giving me. Telus' network is much better than Bell or Rogers at my house, and PM gives me a cheap way to access it.
Really? Bell = Telus as far as network is concerned.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1017 posts
383 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 4:38 pm
Really? Bell = Telus as far as network is concerned.
Actually I find Bell better in regards to data speed and voice clarity. Which is weird. Does anyone actually know they use the same equipment? Or share the tower but completely different equipment.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2010
553 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
PrimaryTech wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:26 pm
Actually I find Bell better in regards to data speed and voice clarity. Which is weird. Does anyone actually know they use the same equipment? Or share the tower but completely different equipment.
I'm out here on the west coast I've had both koodo and virgin and I didn't notice any difference. Maybe Ontario is different?
Mar 11, 2012
177 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:02 pm
Got myself a migration plan with a side of Unlimited data.

How did you manage that?
Oct 11, 2016
350 posts
73 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 8:42 pm
Yeah, good thing Telus makes enough profit to hire real smart people to come up with using phone number as part of the validation. This discussion should refrain from discussing this to much otherwise this thread is going to get locked like the previous one.
Whats the big deal with all of this? Why are threads being locked? Is it a crime to legitimately sell your offer to someone else? Or to request a referral? I dont understand the double standard. For example, all of the out of market plan threads seem to be ok .... but gettting a referral or buying a code from someone who doesnt need the offer that was presented to them is not?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18798 posts
6819 upvotes
Toronto
yydd4567 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 7:21 am
Whats the big deal with all of this? Why are threads being locked? Is it a crime to legitimately sell your offer to someone else? Or to request a referral? I dont understand the double standard. For example, all of the out of market plan threads seem to be ok .... but gettting a referral or buying a code from someone who doesnt need the offer that was presented to them is not?
I don't make the rules for this forum. As a user, I have to follow even if it doesn't make sense or I don't like it. I have been an innocent victim to thread locking recently.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Oct 11, 2016
350 posts
73 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:57 am
I don't make the rules for this forum. As a user, I have to follow even if it doesn't make sense or I don't like it. I have been an innocent victim to thread locking recently.
I completely understand your position. I am not asking you to break the rules. I was wondering if you knew why this rule was put in place. Anyways, I digress. To your point, thread locking does suck.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18798 posts
6819 upvotes
Toronto
yydd4567 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 12:10 pm
I completely understand your position. I am not asking you to break the rules. I was wondering if you knew why this rule was put in place. Anyways, I digress. To your point, thread locking does suck.
The rules around asking for and offering referrals is to prevent threads from being clogged with these posts. The level of tolerance before thread lock takes place is the subject of controversy. Lock a thread and you hurt everyone. The offenders learn nothing from it. Punishment should be targeted and effective.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Oct 17, 2010
553 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
Still one more week to get the migration promo. It's tempting but if I do it I'd hate the fact that everyone else is paying $40 for 6gb-8gb where as I'd have to pay an extra $10/month. However, the med tab has bumped up to $50 so if I do need a new phone later on that would help. If I switch now I can at least get referral credit for a few months. But after that I'd have to pay full price. What would you do?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1017 posts
383 upvotes
Oakville
Tobsterboi wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 12:46 am
Still one more week to get the migration promo. It's tempting but if I do it I'd hate the fact that everyone else is paying $40 for 6gb-8gb where as I'd have to pay an extra $10/month. However, the med tab has bumped up to $50 so if I do need a new phone later on that would help. If I switch now I can at least get referral credit for a few months. But after that I'd have to pay full price. What would you do?
I’m Holding off. If they want postpaid subscribers, they better throw a better offer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7383 posts
2448 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if $40 for 8 gig will ever come back.. just like the $60 for 10 gigs
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2010
553 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
Pochacco wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:58 am
Not sure if $40 for 8 gig will ever come back.. just like the $60 for 10 gigs
That is probably true too. Unless something dramatic happens.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18798 posts
6819 upvotes
Toronto
Tobsterboi wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 12:46 am
Unless you have a time machine, there's no point in getting all hung up about something you can't do anything to change. Just ask yourself, is the current offer good relative to existing options.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank