Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

[Merged] Refer a Friend Promotion, $25 account credit for both parties

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 9:03 pm
Mar 4, 2009
237 posts
86 upvotes
sorry if this has been answered already but can someone confirm whether or not i can port my current number over from bell, through this process? (the online acitivation with referral process)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22155 posts
10318 upvotes
Toronto
kicl wrote: sorry if this has been answered already but can someone confirm whether or not i can port my current number over from bell, through this process? (the online acitivation with referral process)
It's best to activate with a new number, confirm everything works, then use the online tool to port.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
kicl wrote: sorry if this has been answered already but can someone confirm whether or not i can port my current number over from bell, through this process? (the online acitivation with referral process)
Yes, you can. But you can also get a new number first and then port your Bell number afterwards.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2442 posts
3157 upvotes
Yes, you can either port right away during the activation of your new account/SIM. Or you can get a new public mobile number and port afterwards via the self service account. Either way would work. Just need to input your bell account holder name and account number when you port (don't need to input extra information for porting).
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Mar 4, 2009
237 posts
86 upvotes
audit13 wrote: It's best to activate with a new number, confirm everything works, then use the online tool to port.
any benefit of doing one or the other?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2442 posts
3157 upvotes
kicl wrote: any benefit of doing one or the other?
The advantage of getting a new number first is for potential incomplete ports. Also, you can try the service for one or two days. Some people find that in their area, they prefer their old service. Whether it is better reception or prefer the faster data speed. Once you get a new number, if there is a porting issues, at least your new public mobile number will still be working until the porting issues can be resolved (sometimes takes 1-2 days)

Saying that, usually the porting works fine on activation. Just put in your bell account number accurately with your account holder name. It should work fine....
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Things are unusually quiet for the last day of this promo.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: Things are unusually quiet for the last day of this promo.
I wonder if a lot of people made the switch to PM back when LD and Walmart had their in-store promos.

I think for anyone who's thinking of jumping to a PM plan like, e.g., $40/4.5GB in the hopes of qualifying for a Koodo migration offer - and probably just saving lots of money in the meantime - now would probably be a good time to switch, the extra $15 over the regular $10 referral reward is not too shabby!

As always, keep in mind the drawbacks of PM - customer support is entirely forum-based and it can take days to resolve issues; no international roaming (though they do have US roaming packages); and data speeds are capped at 3Mbps (though that seemed to be fine for most people's day to day use).
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
cappaj wrote: I wonder if a lot of people made the switch to PM back when LD and Walmart had their in-store promos.

I think for anyone who's thinking of jumping to a PM plan like, e.g., $40/4.5GB in the hopes of qualifying for a Koodo migration offer - and probably just saving lots of money in the meantime - now would probably be a good time to switch, the extra $15 over the regular $10 referral reward is not too shabby!

As always, keep in mind the drawbacks of PM - customer support is entirely forum-based and it can take days to resolve issues; no international roaming (though they do have US roaming packages); and data speeds are capped at 3Mbps (though that seemed to be fine for most people's day to day use).
Hmmm, today is the last day for this 25/25 offer, all quiet on the western front - Shapla001
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Perhaps it's already popped it's cork.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
I am assuming you can refer yourself?
sign by: someone
Oct 31, 2006
628 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
PM for help
Public Mobile user
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Lostwords wrote: I am assuming you can refer yourself?
Yes, it is very easy. If you are an existing customer, just enter the phone number from that existing line into the referral box when activating the new account.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I wonder if a lot of people made the switch to PM back when LD and Walmart had their in-store promos.

Maybe everybody who wants to buy a ticket for the Koodo migration train already done so during the Walmart promo that ended last week. This is the last day for the stragglers to pick up something extra.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Is walmart still have the free sim and $25 plan?? can't seems to find the thread
sign by: someone
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2442 posts
3157 upvotes
Lostwords wrote: Is walmart still have the free sim and $25 plan?? can't seems to find the thread
No, expired on September 6. The only promo left right now is this promotion, but you will need to buy SIM card and activate at home.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1478 posts
1643 upvotes
pazivai wrote: Hmmm, today is the last day for this 25/25 offer, all quiet on the western front - Shapla001
They need to make it easier to get a sim card. Ordering online a week before the promo expiry date is risky, so this slows down things as people have to go find a store to get the SIM from. And even then you're at the mercy of the store Rep.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
Zaptor99 wrote: They need to make it easier to get a sim card. Ordering online a week before the promo expiry date is risky, so this slows down things as people have to go find a store to get the SIM from. And even then you're at the mercy of the store Rep.
Good time to remind anyone who wants to sign up last minute today - if you're going to a store to buy just the SIM, make sure you call ahead! Some stores will refuse to sell you the SIM if you don't activate in store as well (this promo is for online activations only). They're not supposed to do that, but they do. So call ahead and confirm you can buy the SIM there all on its own (retailers that sell PM SIMs include Walmart, London Drugs, WOW mobile boutique, K-Mobile and some Koodo authorized dealers).
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
Any extension possibility?
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
pazivai wrote: Any extension possibility?
No announcements on the Public Mobile site. I would assume at 12:00am eastern time, it is done. This is the second time this offer was made. It could come back after a break.