Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

new plan $38 unlimited provincial talk/international text/2GB

Sep 19, 2007
25 posts
149 upvotes

new plan $38 unlimited provincial talk/international text/2GB

Deal Link:
Price:
$38/month
Retailer:
Public Mobile
If you sign up with the 90-day plan and auto-pay,

you get unlimited provincial talk/international text and picture/2GB LTE Data for $38/month.

and unlimited provincial talk/international text and picture/1GB LTE Data for $35/month (which is less attractive IMO).

P.S. 1. Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus and therefore it has the same coverage/reception as Telus. The data usage is national wide so there is no "local zone" like Chatr/Wind/Mobilicity.

2. The call center of Public Mobile is not as good as Koodo/Fido/Virgin but you can get a lot of help from its forum/community. It's definitely a good choice for people familiar with the internet/computer.

Enjoy!
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 8th, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retailer
Thread Summary
Public Mobile is a pre-paid, BYOD, online/virtual-only (no retail locations) provider. You pay upfront in x-day increments (this deal is for a 90-day plan). You must add auto-pay (i.e. pre-authorized payment) to get the $6/90-day discount ($2/month). Customer service is primarily through e-mail and community forums.

There is no guarantee this plan will be available forever, but it's not a promotional price, and for the past 2 years, Public Mobile has grandfathered existing plans after prices/plans have changed.

All voice plans include voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, conference calling, and call forwarding. No visual VM.

Text and data are both Canada-wide regardless of you being on the provincial-wide talk. Only talk that is limited to provincial-wide when you are on provincial-wide talk. What counts as provincial-wide talk is explained at: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile ... /td-p/2404

If on a provincial-wide talk plan, you must purchase a long distance add-on before you can talk outside of your province: $8 for 200 mins Canada-US wide or $15 for 400 mins of international long distance (including CAN-US) . Unused minutes roll over to your next plan period.

The data provided is for the x-day period and can be used however within the x-days (e.g. 6GB/90-day plan means you can use 5GB in the first 30 days, and remaining 1GB over the last 60 days). Unused data doesn't rollover to your next plan period.

The standard referral bonus is the person providing the referral gets $1 discount per 30-days of their bill. The person using the referral gets nothing. There may be special promos in the near future to give the referral user something.

SIM cards are free, but you may be charged for shipping, which is fully refunded upon request after activation of a line on the SIM card by sending an e-mail to rebate@publicmobile.ca; more at: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile ... td-p/57464

Porting from another carrier is free (no charge by Public), but you may incur final charges and early cancellation fees from your existing provider. There is usually no need to notify your existing provider before starting the porting with Public. After activating your Public account, it usually takes less than 15 minutes for your Public SIM card to work. Your device must be unlocked to work with Public; however, phones locked to Telus or Koodo will work because Public, Telus and Koodo all use the same network.
1283 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3157 posts
3303 upvotes
nice! it used to be 4Gb for 90 days, they've upped it to 6Gb now... good deal.
Nov 6, 2009
368 posts
39 upvotes
If someone could clarify, does it mean 2gb of accumulative data for 90 days or 2gb of data for every 30 days?
Sep 19, 2007
25 posts
149 upvotes
6GB for 90 days so basically 2GB for every month. If you use up all 6GB in the first month, then you have nothing to use in the following two month.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2100 posts
797 upvotes
ORLEANS
Damn! Good deal switching my 2 virgin numbers over. Can i stack referral discount and autopay? The first phone will be $38 and tbe second line will be cheaper because i can stack the referral discount?
Apr 21, 2016
137 posts
50 upvotes
TKO236 wrote: If someone could clarify, does it mean 2gb of accumulative data for 90 days or 2gb of data for every 30 days?
It would be 2gb per 30 days.
6gb over 90 days
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
wangchuan822 wrote: 6GB for 90 days so basically 2GB for every month. If you use up all 6GB in the first month, then you have nothing to use in the following two month.
Do you not have an option to buy more data, if you used up all 6 gigs before the 90 days?
Sep 19, 2007
25 posts
149 upvotes
Public Mobile has $30 for 1GB add-on which is very pricy. Instead you can choose the 12GB for 3 months option, equals to 4GB/month for $60/month.
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
Public: Prov+Text+2GB @ $38
Cityfone: Canada+Text+1GB @ $33.75 ($36 - $18x3 off); 2yr term

Public mobile is probably more useful with extra 1GB data and also no term
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16149 posts
5669 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Which carrier does Public Mobile piggyback on? ie. whose phones can we use without unlocking?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
wangchuan822 wrote: Public Mobile has $30 for 1GB add-on which is very pricy. Instead you can choose the 12GB for 3 months option, equals to 4GB/month for $60/month.
The 1GB does roll over though so it's not all bad.
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
Rogido wrote: Which carrier does Public Mobile piggyback on? ie. whose phones can we use without unlocking?
Telus

Thinking about it more, this is a sweet mid range plan. A great option below $48 price point.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1921 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
Rogido wrote: Which carrier does Public Mobile piggyback on? ie. whose phones can we use without unlocking?
IIRC it's a subsidiary of Telus.
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
Telus/Koodo
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3579 posts
1988 upvotes
Whitehorse
Is it true that you can not reach customer service by phone?
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
Something comparable from telus (Local + 2.5GB data) is $80/mo with BYOD LOL

I find 1GB data is risky but 2GB should be sufficient for most general usage without risk of going over. It won't work if you stream every day but occasional clips are fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4288 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal. Currently on the 4gb over 90 days
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
sokolov wrote: Is it true that you can not reach customer service by phone?
I was with them shortly after Telus took over ownership and something happened with my Auto-Renew and I lost all access to Calls/Data/Texts over the weekend while I was away. Couldn't find a phone number to contact them so I sent in email service tickets which went unanswered over the weekend. On Monday I promptly switched my services back to Koodo.

This was some time ago, so hopefully they've upped their game by now.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
McLaren wrote: Good deal. Currently on the 4gb over 90 days
any review on the service?

im wondering how the LTE data is, do they fk with lower tier brands like rogers does with chatr/mobilicity (even though they are 3g capped they still throttle)..

I want to hop on this now, $40 prepaid is great for 2gb lte and unlim text/call.

-- i know the best way to get service for stuff is through the public mobile forums, mods work there actively to help acct problems and in off-hours some members usually can figure ***** out. it is a tradeoff, though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)