Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Price Increase. 12GB 120$/90day plan increase to $150 unless switch to Koodo

Feb 13, 2009
451 posts
77 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Investors don't care what plans people are on - all they care about is how many postpaid subscribers there are. Investors like postpaid customers more because of things like overages, etc, which leads to higher ARPU (average revenue per user). Not to mention people locking in with phone subsidies, etc, it makes it harder for customers to jump ship.
Playing Devil's Advocate here but...
1) I believe the Koodo plan is set up so that you can't go over. If you want more data, you'd have to purchase one of the add-on packages...same a PM.
2) I imagine that the majority of PM subscribers making the switch have devices that are already paid off. If a tab was of interest to any of them, the options are wide open to other service providers.
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
Pottertons wrote: WOW....they're pushing REEEEEeeeeally hard.

Just received a text stating that the offer is now 6gb for $40/mth.

Why are they pushing so hard and more importantly, why is Koodo on board with it?
I have received this text just now.....Yeah, they are really pushing it now........I guess I have to take it now as I am paying $40 to PM so nothing to lose. I will only lose US/Canada calling for $8.00 for 200 min which never expires. I love this feature and suits me well....Oh well :)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Pottertons wrote: Playing Devil's Advocate here but...
1) I believe the Koodo plan is set up so that you can't go over. If you want more data, you'd have to purchase one of the add-on packages...same a PM.
2) I imagine that the majority of PM subscribers making the switch have devices that are already paid off. If a tab was of interest to any of them, the options are wide open to other service providers.
1 - it's "shock free" data, which means you get cut off when you reach your limit... But they send you a text asking if you want to pay for overages, and you just reply "yes" and you're good to go. No need to go purchase an extra add-on
2 - other service providers don't have plans this cheap with medium tab eligibility. But that's really beside the point, as it's not about this particular plan - it's just postpaid customers as a whole that are considered to be better to have on the books than prepaid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)