Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Locked: Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 4:30 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes

Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile has discounted their $30 unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 500MB 3G/LTE lite speed data plus 500MB bonus data with auto pay plan by $5 to $25. It's really $23 per month as you need to sign up for auto pay in order to get the bonus data. This has not been updated in their plan page yet. However, it does show up in the plan selection tab in the self serve portal. This plan is available for new customers and existing customers. For new activation, there's the ongoing $25 referral bonus which stacks with this deal. I am not sure when this reduced price promo ends. The referral bonus deal ends March 18. I will update deal link once Public Mobile updates their plan web page.

Note please do not offer or ask for referrals in this thread as it's against forum rules.
Last edited by will888 on Mar 13th, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Thread Summary
This is a link for the stacking $25 referral bonus. Please note the referral bonus offer has been extended to March 31, 2019. The referral bonus requires online activation. Be careful when selecting retail partners for SIM card purchase. Walmart is notorious for not selling SIM cards without in store activation. Avoid them where possible.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/326380

There have been questions about having the a previous promo ($10 x 6 bill credit) and jumping on this deal. It is strongly recommended to wait until the entire 6 months of $10 credits have been received before considering a plan change. The conditions for continuing to receive the monthly bill credit include the need to maintain a plan with base price of $30 or more. Public Mobile offers the option to future date plan changes. Take advantage of this feature in the event that this deal is a time limited offer.

For those wishing to do a number port, it is strongly recommended that this be done as a separate step after initial activation. This precaution will avoid a potential activation problem from affecting the current service. When submitting porting information, only the current account number is required. When entering the account number, do not enter spaces or separators, just the numbers and letters. This is very important otherwise the port will fail. Customers are not allowed a second chance following a failed port. Only the moderator team can fix a failed port.

Although the discussion of the so called 3G/LTE lite data has not materialized in this thread, it is a good idea to cover the topic here to help those who may be new to the idea. Public Mobile throttles their LTE network for customers on the so called 3G speed plans. You continue to have access to the LTE network but the data speed is capped at around 3 mbits/s download and upload. Having access to the LTE network is very important because of all the coverage improvements with rollout of 700 Mhz spectrum. Also Telus has been repurposing a lot of the 3G spectrum (both 850 and 1900 Mhz) for LTE service. If higher data speed is desired, switching the phone to 3G will yield full 3G data speed without any throttling. On 3G, speeds up to 30 mbits/s are possible, 10-15 mbits/s is more typical. This data performance differs significantly from the competition (Lucky and Chatr) which restricts their customers to the 3G network only and with speed throttling to 3 mbits/s.

One new user's experience switching from Rogers and Bell: public-mobile-public-mobile-23-unlimite ... #p30694491

Caution to those activating using a payment card. When entering the address information, be sure to select the country first before going back to selecting the province. The pull down selection menu for the province does not work until after the country has been selected. Manually entering the province does not work. Once the country is selected, the pull down selection menu appears with AB as the default. Failure to follow this sequence will result in AB being selected as the province for the payment card address. This can result in activation error for those not living in AB. Be very careful of this.
1622 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
This a new plan, or can a current customer switch to it? I cannot see the link on the Public Mobile page. I know they took a while to update in previous promos.
Feb 19, 2019
50 posts
51 upvotes
If you sign in and then go to change plan, you can see it available there.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
bridonca wrote: This a new plan, or can a current customer switch to it? I cannot see the link on the Public Mobile page. I know they took a while to update in previous promos.
As noted in the OP, it's not a new plan. The price of the existing $30 plan has been discounted by $5. It's available when you go to the self serve account. It's available to existing and new customers. Public Mobile has this habit of not updating everything all at once. The self serve is always first presumably because they can put a timer on when the deal shows up ahead of time. They don't seem to be able to do the same to the web site or the announcements in the community forum.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1704 posts
1792 upvotes
So if I'm new to public Mobile, how do I see / get this deal? Do I need to setup an online account first so I can get into self serve?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: So if I'm new to public Mobile, how do I see / get this deal? Do I need to setup an online account first so I can get into self serve?
Just do an online activation, you will see the updated pricing already. They update this key part of their website in a timely manner. It's their advertising that's delayed.
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
So existing customers see 2 plans when they sign in ?? One existing plan for $ 30 and the other discounted for $ 25 ?
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
jigz787 wrote: So existing customers see 2 plans when they sign in ?? One existing plan for $ 30 and the other discounted for $ 25 ?
Just one with the updated pricing. It's the first one on the pick list, you can't miss it.
Banned
Feb 13, 2019
77 posts
27 upvotes
will888 wrote: Public Mobile has discounted their $30 unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 500MB 3G/LTE lite speed data plus 500MB bonus data with auto pay plan by $5 to $25. It's really $23 per month as you need to sign up for auto pay in order to get the bonus data. This has not been updated in their plan page yet. However, it does show up in the plan selection tab in the self serve portal. This plan is available for new customers and existing customers. For new activation, there's the ongoing $25 referral bonus which stacks with this deal. I am not sure when this reduced price promo ends. The referral bonus deal ends March 18. I will update deal link once Public Mobile updates their plan web page.

Note please do not offer or ask for referrals in this thread as it's against forum rules.
Wow people who are getting the 10$ discount needs to be careful about choosing a plan above 30$ inorder to keep getting it, what do you think?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
dealhungryfella wrote: Wow people who are getting the 10$ discount needs to be careful about choosing a plan above 30$ inorder to keep getting it, what do you think?
Those who got the $10 discount would be paying $18 for the same plan for 6 months. It would not make sense for them to switch right away. They should use up the discount first. We will find out shortly the end date for this promo pricing if there is one. If so there might be a decision to make on whether to give up some short term savings to secure a better long term price. Public Mobile offers the choice of future dating plan changes, so nobody is going to be caught out without an option to jump on board.
May 27, 2011
537 posts
389 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Thanks op. Deciding if I should switch to the 25 plan. If I do, I let you guys know if I lose the 10 dollar discount.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Wait .......a provider that lowers the price for its services ?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
katonfire wrote: Thanks op. Deciding if I should switch to the 25 plan. If I do, I let you guys know if I lose the 10 dollar discount.
Based on the terms for the $10 discount, you will lose it. I don't suggest playing with fire for now. It is a no brainer, you have a better deal going. Use it all up first and then make a move.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Until Public Mobile updates their deal link, here is a screen cap of the plan selection showing the new pricing.
Images
  • PM.png
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Wait .......a provider that lowers the price for its services ?
I had to pinch myself hard to make sure I was not dreaming. Should we move the doomsday clock needle a bit closer to zero?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
jigz787 wrote: So existing customers see 2 plans when they sign in ?? One existing plan for $ 30 and the other discounted for $ 25 ?
Yes, it's available to existing customers. The old $30 plan with 500+500MB of 3g data has been removed from the list of available plans. There is a different $25 plan that doesn't include any data, so be sure to select the correct plan. I believe that Public Mobile might be best to remove that other $25 plan for now.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: Public Mobile has discounted their $30 unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 500MB 3G/LTE lite speed data plus 500MB bonus data with auto pay plan by $5 to $25. It's really $23 per month as you need to sign up for auto pay in order to get the bonus data. This has not been updated in their plan page yet. However, it does show up in the plan selection tab in the self serve portal. This plan is available for new customers and existing customers. For new activation, there's the ongoing $25 referral bonus which stacks with this deal. I am not sure when this reduced price promo ends. The referral bonus deal ends March 18. I will update deal link once Public Mobile updates their plan web page.

Wow, that didn't take long at all for this thread to get to a second page, and probably already a few hundred views.
Neo Financial customer
Apr 12, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
I'm a bit annoyed with Rogers as they've yet to increased the BYOD plan I signed up for a while back ($40 for 4gb + unlimited calling/texts/etc.); I'd rather give Public Mobile my money.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
I have been with telus for over the past 10 years or so locked into a corporate plan. This plan would suit my needs better for a very small increase in costs. Does public mobile have a history of changing plan prices once you sign up? I just don't want to lose my current plan, then public mobile jack up the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
katonfire wrote: Thanks op. Deciding if I should switch to the 25 plan. If I do, I let you guys know if I lose the 10 dollar discount.
You're supposed to lose that discount if switching to a plan less than $30, unless there's some glitch in the way Public Mobile set that up. As of now, why risk it? I understand you are probably trying to make sure that you don't miss out on the $25 price, but for all we know, this plan/price might still be available months later. I would wait at least until some more details come out so that you can make a better guess about offer duration.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Mar 13th, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo Financial customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)