Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Locked: Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 4:30 pm
Jan 23, 2002
261 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
verby wrote: when you port # is there some confirmation page? my submit page didn't refresh and don't know if it went through
Same thing happened to me. Page didn’t change other than the Submit button being greyed out. Decided to pop the sim in and test and it worked. Shocked how fast the port completed but I was porting from telus so same company. Lol.
Nothing to see here
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: My sim came today at 4pm. (Winnipeg) Ordered Wednesday at midnight so total 40 hours shipping.... not too shabby.
That's actually really fast because Xpresspost from Toronto to Winnipeg (Public often ships from just west of Toronto) is usually quoted as a transit time of 2 business days. This means that public Mobile was may have been able to get your sim card out the same day. From what I've noticed, it usually takes them a day or two before sending it out.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Soler wrote: Same thing happened to me. Page didn’t change other than the Submit button being greyed out. Decided to pop the sim in and test and it worked. Shocked how fast the port completed but I was porting from telus so same company. Lol.
The port might not actually be complete. Regardless of where you are porting a number from, Public Mobile (and all other Telus owned brand services) assign the requested phone number to your account, even before the originating carrier even has a chance to responds to the request. When it says "successful" on the computer screen, that does not mean that you the your number is ported, only that Public Mobile has processed the request.

The way you will know if everything has been fully completed phone number portability-wise is to have someone call that phone number. If it rings, you're good. If it doesn't the calls should still be going to your old carrier's service.

Public Mobile will also send a text message through the newly activated service saying when the number transfer has been completed.
Neo Financial customer
Jan 23, 2002
261 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
embguy wrote: Is your Telus number working at PM?
You need to switch your corporate plan to an individual plan first before you can port you number to to another provider.
Yup, all working. Sorry, my terminology may be off as it was an epp plan.

ShawnC13 wrote: Make sure you can receive calls and texts on your newly ported line that is usually where a hung up port will show itself
Yes tested calls and text both ways.
Nothing to see here
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: You need to buy US 10 day add on packages. Reasonably priced though and uses At&T and T-mobile in the USA. For one to two day trips, a bit of a hassle getting a 10 day add on.

No international roaming though.
For anyone wondering, there unfortunately is a bug that affects some people after using a roaming package. For some reason, incoming text messaging sometimes stops working after the roaming add-on expires. From my readings, it usually resolves itself within 24 hours, but some people end up requiring assistance from Public Mobile to get things fixed up.
Neo Financial customer
Jan 23, 2002
261 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
Curious if anyone that activated at Walmart or another retailer got their referral credits? Mine which was activated online showed up the next day.
Nothing to see here
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: The port might not actually be complete. Regardless of where you are porting a number from, Public Mobile (and all other Telus owned brand services) assign the requested phone number to your account, even before the originating carrier even has a chance to responds to the request. When it says "successful" on the computer screen, that does not mean that you the your number is ported, only that Public Mobile has processed the request.

The way you will know if everything has been fully completed phone number portability-wise is to have someone call that phone number. If it rings, you're good. If it doesn't the calls should still be going to your old carrier's service.

Public Mobile will also send a text message through the newly activated service saying when the number transfer has been completed.
That someone making the call has to be a non Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile customer.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3496 posts
2142 upvotes
Etobicoke
Public Mobile website is very slow right now Pensive Face

I am stuck on review your order page for last 5 minutes
Jun 18, 2005
378 posts
1439 upvotes
Already using a signal booster at the cabin.. Is 3G any worse than LTE near the trailing edge of coverage areas?

Just picked up a SIM but I don't know anyone with PM for that delicious referral and life is unfair.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: That someone making the call has to be a non Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile customer.
My experiences with that are that calling to the ported number still went to the older carrier until it was all completed, even when calling from my Public Mobile number. Do you mean if the person was already at Telus before? Every time I've tested this and talked people through activation was for porting from Freedom Mobile to Public.

I did notice what you say for incoming text messages from within Telus.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
dingus wrote: Already using a signal booster at the cabin.. Is 3G any worse than LTE near the trailing edge of coverage areas?

Just picked up a SIM but I don't know anyone with PM for that delicious referral and life is unfair.
If you are using Rogers at your cabin, you need to test the PM (Bell/Telus) signal at your cabin.
If you are using Bell/Telus at your cabin, expect the same result of what you are getting now.
Please note that PM is a prepaid service. There is no refund if it does not work for you.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
embguy wrote: If you are using Rogers at your cabin, you need to test the PM (Bell/Telus) signal at your cabin.
If you are using Bell/Telus at your cabin, expect the same result of what you are getting now.
Please note that PM is a prepaid service. There is no refund if it does not work for you.
The good news is that the only thing that the person would be out of pocket would be the sim card cost, and the initial $25+taxes. It could be worse. The signal booster should be usable with Rogers as well.
Neo Financial customer
Feb 17, 2007
233 posts
93 upvotes
During the last steps of Public Mobile Online Activation, credit card payment, after I click Activate, I got this message: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help". Tried to login to my account was rejected. Now what should I do? Please help!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote: During the last steps of Public Mobile Online Activation, credit card payment, after I click Activate, I got this message: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help". Tried to login to my account was rejected. Now what should I do? Please help!
You didn't enter five different phone numbers in the referral number field, did you?

Contact Public Mobile; send a message to the mods. You'll need a Public Mobile community forum account.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
no word at all about free sim and next 30 days free promo this weekend?
Public Mobile
Feb 17, 2007
233 posts
93 upvotes
Oatmeal wrote: You didn't enter five different phone numbers in the referral number field, did you?

No, I wish!
[/quote] Contact Public Mobile; send a message to the mods. You'll need a Public Mobile community forum account.
[/quote]
How to send a message to the mod, and how to get a PM community account?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote: During the last steps of Public Mobile Online Activation, credit card payment, after I click Activate, I got this message: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help". Tried to login to my account was rejected. Now what should I do? Please help!
Did your credit card get hit with a payment? If not, you might be able to try again. If you have progressed to actually having made a payment, then contact the moderator team for support. Don't let them hammer your credit card with multiple payments. This link covers all the details on how to get in touch with the moderator team via private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... a-p/251759
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
As will888 was saying about payments, I would also check to your online banking to see if there is an authorization to Public Mobile in the amount of the plans fees. Some of the time, Public Mobile's activation system will say that the payment attempt failed, but still charges you. And if you're wondering if the authorization for that amount will just fall off as you would expect, I don't believe that it usually does. If that happens, you'll have to get Public Mobile moderators to issue a refund or provide an account balance credit, so you may well just contact them to get your activation completed correctly since the activation had such catastrophic issues. Public Mobile can be contacted by sending a private message to the username of Moderator_Team on Public Mobile's community site. That can be done by going to this address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... r-id/22437 (You will need to first create a Public Mobile Community account).
Neo Financial customer
Feb 17, 2007
233 posts
93 upvotes
will888 wrote: Did your credit card get hit with a payment? If not, you might be able to try again. If you have progressed to actually having made a payment, then contact the moderator team for support. Don't let them hammer your credit card with multiple payments. This link covers all the details on how to get in touch with the moderator team via private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... a-p/251759
Thanks OP for your help, it's activated finally.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
WINNIPEG

I have a spend $50, get $25 in PC point offer for The Mobile Shop, so I could buy 5 SIMs for net $5 each.

I only need 2 more, so if anyone wants to meet this weekend (near St James) for the other 3, please PM.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)