Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Public Mobile] Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 4:30 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1913 posts
998 upvotes
Etobicoke
computergeek541 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 4:59 am
No limit, but once a plan is free if you get to that point, they're not going to send you a cheque for anything extra in your account balance.
I know that. But isnt it for $1 discount per month.

I have question about $25 one time credit.

Becuase i created new account yesterday and i was referred by a freind and signed up for auto pay.

So there is already $27 reward balance on my account.

How many more onetime $25 credit can i earn ?
Mar 10, 2019
320 posts
185 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 5:14 am
I know that. But isnt it for $1 discount per month.

I have question about $25 one time credit.

Becuase i created new account yesterday and i was referred by a freind and signed up for auto pay.

So there is already $27 reward balance on my account.

How many more onetime $25 credit can i earn ?
There is no limit on $25 credits.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1913 posts
998 upvotes
Etobicoke
computergeek541 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 5:26 am
There is no limit on $25 credits.
Thank you ☺️
Oct 24, 2008
815 posts
426 upvotes
So I picked up a sim yesterday and went through the activation process. I (luckily) didn't try to port my current number in right away.
When I finished filling everything out and clicked activation I got the "processing" message which stayed up for a while.
Then annoyingly a page came up saying "oops" and that something didn't work and to try later.
I tried later but now of course the Sim comes up as invalid. I tried loging in with the account I created and it's not recognized. Of course I didn't take note of the new phone number it provided because I figured id be able to access the account to see it.

So now my account seems to be in some sort of limbo, I don't know if it's activated and I can't access my account. I was aware that pm doesn't have a call center but I also didn't expect to have an issue right away. I signed up to their community forum last night and submitted a private message. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Anyone else have this?
Apr 1, 2007
150 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:46 am
So I picked up a sim yesterday and went through the activation process. I (luckily) didn't try to port my current number in right away.
When I finished filling everything out and clicked activation I got the "processing" message which stayed up for a while.
Then annoyingly a page came up saying "oops" and that something didn't work and to try later.
I tried later but now of course the Sim comes up as invalid. I tried loging in with the account I created and it's not recognized. Of course I didn't take note of the new phone number it provided because I figured id be able to access the account to see it.

So now my account seems to be in some sort of limbo, I don't know if it's activated and I can't access my account. I was aware that pm doesn't have a call center but I also didn't expect to have an issue right away. I signed up to their community forum last night and submitted a private message. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Anyone else have this?
Exact same thing happend to me yesterday, your SIM is most likely active but your account not. Put the SIM in a phone a call your other line to figure out the new phone number. Then go to PM and register an account using this phone number.
------------------------------------------------------
Happy Public Mobile & EBOX Customer; so far 😉
Apr 1, 2007
150 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
tor98 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:52 am
Exact same thing happend to me yesterday, your SIM is most likely active but your account not. Put the SIM in a phone a call your other line to figure out the new phone number. Then go to PM and register an account using this phone number.
Also, your auto-pay is most likely missing and you have to add it to your account.
------------------------------------------------------
Happy Public Mobile & EBOX Customer; so far 😉
Jan 23, 2002
246 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
bpcrally wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:46 am

Anyone else have this?
Exact same for me yesterday. I had to put the sim in a phone and text someone to get the phone number to create a profile. Thinking the error was due to picking a pin that started with zero ie. 0xxx as I got a text with a new pin which I thought was odd.
Koodo $40 6GB
PM $40 4.5GB
Jan 23, 2002
246 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone ported out from a Telus Corp plan? My account number on bills is an actual number and not the cell number. On the bill it shows the account number and 1 subscriber. Wondering if I use the account number for the port info?
Koodo $40 6GB
PM $40 4.5GB
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2944 posts
2276 upvotes
Muskoka
Seks wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:16 pm
CAn you get this plan on a temp basis? ie, for visitors from overseas who will be here for 2 weeks?

Can you also add additional gb too if needed?
Yes you can, but since your visitors would likely NOT signing up for autopay, they would only get 500mb, not 1GB. Most of the promo plans have this 500MB bonus for autopay.

But you could sign up for autopay - get the data bonus from the beginning, just remember to disable autopay when they leave, certainly before the next renewal

For extra data, you will get a $10 + $2 autopay credit after 24 hours (assuming you cannot take advantage of current referral promo) that could go towards a data add-on, or you could simply get on a more expensive plan. $40 for 5GB, but then your credits would go to waste.
Last edited by spotts01 on Mar 15th, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2442 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
tor98 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:52 am
Put the SIM in a phone a call your other line to figure out the new phone number.
Even easier, most phones let you see your number under "settings", "about phone", "status".
Oct 24, 2008
815 posts
426 upvotes
tor98 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:54 am
Also, your auto-pay is most likely missing and you have to add it to your account.
Soler wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:30 am
Exact same for me yesterday. I had to put the sim in a phone and text someone to get the phone number to create a profile. Thinking the error was due to picking a pin that started with zero ie. 0xxx as I got a text with a new pin which I thought was odd.
Thank you! up and running now.
I'll try porting my number in later
Also regarding the PIN, mine did not start with a 0 and I also got a text with a different PIN. I was trying to see where I could change it online (since I'll never remember the one they provided) but couldnt see anything.
Mar 10, 2019
320 posts
185 upvotes
For anyone having specific service issues or questions about Public Mobile service, you may be able to find more detailed answers at https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community . This isn't to say that RFD isn't great, which it is, but if you end up needing assistance from Public Mobile customer service, you will end up needing to go to that site, regardless.
Jan 23, 2002
246 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
Soler wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:32 am
Has anyone ported out from a Telus Corp plan? My account number on bills is an actual number and not the cell number. On the bill it shows the account number and 1 subscriber. Wondering if I use the account number for the port info?
To answer my own question, I used the account number.
Once I hit Submit, got the spinning wheel for a while then nothing. No confirmation or error message and the Submit button was greyed out. Turns out the port went through after I decided to test by texting/calling another phone. Didn’t get a text from PM that the port was completed either. Just FYI for others.
Koodo $40 6GB
PM $40 4.5GB
Mar 16, 2008
228 posts
106 upvotes
Arviat
bpcrally wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:33 am
Thank you! up and running now.
I'll try porting my number in later
Also regarding the PIN, mine did not start with a 0 and I also got a text with a different PIN. I was trying to see where I could change it online (since I'll never remember the one they provided) but couldnt see anything.
Unfortunately you cannot change your PIN via online selfserve.publicmobile.ca, The only way you might be able to change it is to send the Moderator_Team a private message and ask them if it's possible to change it. The PIN is important and is required when using *611.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9794 posts
9001 upvotes
Soler wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 11:45 am
To answer my own question, I used the account number.
Once I hit Submit, got the spinning wheel for a while then nothing. No confirmation or error message and the Submit button was greyed out. Turns out the port went through after I decided to test by texting/calling another phone. Didn’t get a text from PM that the port was completed either. Just FYI for others.
Is your Telus number working at PM?
You need to switch your corporate plan to an individual plan first before you can port you number to to another provider.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

willy0275