Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Public Mobile - Bonus 3GB (one-time) for New Accounts $35+ Plan - November 9-10, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2019 9:57 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes

Public Mobile - Bonus 3GB (one-time) for New Accounts $35+ Plan - November 9-10, 2019

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 10, 2019
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile
November 9-10, 2019

Bonus 3GB one-time bonus for new account activations on a $35 or higher plan

Bonus data add-on will be added within 10 business days.

In-store and online but activation must be completed by November 10, 2019 11:59pm EST

More information available at: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... 052#M32789
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
18 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Please note that PM System maintenance - On November 10th 2019, 00:00 ET - November 10th 2019, 10:00 ET
Don't plan on any activation during early morning hours.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
Wow yeah - why would they have a 'short' promo in the middle of a maintenance project.
Public Mobile
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
spots01 wrote: Wow yeah - why would they have a 'short' promo in the middle of a maintenance project.
One hand does not know what other hand is doing.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
spots01 wrote: Wow yeah - why would they have a 'short' promo in the middle of a maintenance project.
It's better than nothing if you're going to sign up anyway, but i'm scratching my head why they're saying to order a sim card online. There are ways to still take advantage of this online, but it's not by ordering a sim from publicmobile.ca.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2715 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
A one time bonus of 3GB is a garbage offer that simpletons fall for. Make it $40 plan with 4.5GB of data plus 0.5GB pre-paid bonus AND 3GB "Flash Weekend Bonus" making it 8GB a month, PM would get more customers hands down!
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: A one time bonus of 3GB is a garbage offer that simpletons fall for. Make it $40 plan with 4.5GB of data plus 0.5GB pre-paid bonus AND 3GB "Flash Weekend Bonus" making it 8GB a month, PM would get more customers hands down!
OR $10 off for 3 months as some people do not need 8GB data and like to keep the monthly payment low..
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2715 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
embguy wrote: OR $10 off for 3 months as some people do not need 8GB data and like to keep the monthly payment low..
That's not the point of my comment embguy. The PM plan I have now is to "keep the monthly payment low..". I'm saying that with this particular offer the OP has posted, my opinion would make for a better plan and acquire a larger customer base.
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: A one time bonus of 3GB is a garbage offer that simpletons fall for. Make it $40 plan with 4.5GB of data plus 0.5GB pre-paid bonus AND 3GB "Flash Weekend Bonus" making it 8GB a month, PM would get more customers hands down!
Different people will assign a different value to a 3GB add-on. Do I believe that this bonus is worth $90? Of course not. However, there are some people who would have eventually purchased such 1GB data add-ons for $30 a piece after running out of data. For those customers, this bonus is worth more than a monetary discount. If I was about to join, there's no question that I'd rather have the data bonus and something like $10 off for 6 months. Clearly, Public Mobile is not prepared to offer 8GB for $40. Also, getting more customers is not always the best thing for the company's bottom line. Such a plan would get some people who have signed up for the higher priced $50 plan to sign up for a lower priced plan. It would also compete against Telus' other brands.

Public Mobile isn't always about what you get now. Public Mobile is largely about the discounts that you can receive and the lower prices that you can get in the future after obtaining those discounts. This offer was posted here to inform other members about it. It's up to the members to decide if they like the offer and want to take advantage of it. Some members will, while some others won't.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1369 posts
912 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
computergeek541 wrote: Different people will assign a different value to a 3GB add-on. Do I believe that this bonus is worth $90? Of course not. However, there are some people who would have eventually purchased such 1GB data add-ons for $30 a piece after running out of data. For those customers, this bonus is worth more than a monetary discount. If I was about to join, there's no question that I'd rather have the data bonus and something like $10 off for 6 months. Clearly, Public Mobile is not prepared to offer 8GB for $40. Also, getting more customers is not always the best thing for the company's bottom line. Such a plan would get some people who have signed up for the higher priced $50 plan to sign up for a lower priced plan. It would also compete against Telus' other brands.

Public Mobile isn't always about what you get now. Public Mobile is largely about the discounts that you can receive and the lower prices that you can get in the future after obtaining those discounts. This offer was posted here to inform other members about it. It's up to the members to decide if they like the offer and want to take advantage of it. Some members will, while some others won't.
$35 /month for 1.5G +$30/G ?

why not pay $5 more par month to get 3.5G more each month?
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: $35 /month for 1.5G +$30/G ?

why not pay $5 more par month to get 3.5G more each month?
In the message that you quoted me, I never said anything about the $35 plan. I don't disagree that most people would rather have the $40 plan over the $35 plan. However, some people would rather pay slightly less even for substantially less data and could stretch out the 3GB bonus. That's why there's a choice of plans.

The $40 and $50 plans are also eligible for this offer.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Honestly this is an ill conceived marketing plan. They want customers to spend at least $35 to get the deal. Effectively the target audience is the customer going for the $40 and up plans. This one time 3GB data is not worth $30 x 3 to higher data usage customers. If you can't get by with 5GB per month, why not just go with Lucky and get free unlimited data.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Not great at all but hey if your planning to sign up anyways then free is free.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: Honestly this is an ill conceived marketing plan. They want customers to spend at least $35 to get the deal. Effectively the target audience is the customer going for the $40 and up plans. This one time 3GB data is not worth $30 x 3 to higher data usage customers. If you can't get by with 5GB per month, why not just go with Lucky and get free unlimited data.
It probably would have made more sense to offer this 3GB bonus in conjunction with any plan. The $15 and $25 plan customers are likely the people who would have given more value to this bonus because the light data users have less data to start with, and because they could probably make it last longer.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: Not great at all but hey if your planning to sign up anyways then free is free.
There have been better offer by Public Mobile before, but if those weren't done in the past, there might not be as many complaints about this offer not being as good. The past offers means that they could have done better. If I'm signing up anyway, I'd much rather than collect this 3GB than get nothing.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: It probably would have made more sense to offer this 3GB bonus in conjunction with any plan. The $15 and $25 plan customers are likely the people who would have given more value to this bonus because the light data users have less data to start with, and because they could probably make it last longer.
If PM wants new subscribers to join and stay, $5 off for 6 months is a better promo.
PM may be using the short 2 days promo to figure out what is the best promo while PM is fixing their system. If they ever get their system working right, PM may have longer promo.
Sep 23, 2005
556 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
Maybe it's the complete opposite of a promo to try and keep people off the system from joining cause of the planned maintenance.

This is a bad deal for 35 and up and would have been an ok deal for 25 and under.

All I know, if I was "signing up anyway", I would still wait for a better deal. The RBC offer was way better.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
embguy wrote: If PM wants new subscribers to join and stay, $5 off for 6 months is a better promo.
PM may be using the short 2 days promo to figure out what is the best promo while PM is fixing their system. If they ever get their system working right, PM may have longer promo.
They know which promos works best for attracting customers. They chose not to use those more popular promotions this time around.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
2 hours remaining

This late at night, the only option remaining is probably a third party who can provide you with sim card details so that you can activate tonight.
Neo Financial customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)