Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile - Canada-wide calling priced same as Provincial-wide

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2018 8:54 am
[OP]
Oct 26, 2004
79 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver

Public Mobile - Canada-wide calling priced same as Provincial-wide

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Public Mobile
So, haven't posted one of these before so excuse me if I make an error.

Just noticed that Public Mobile right now isn't charging anything more for Canada-wide calling.

My mom was originally on 90day/provincial/text/1.5gb-3g for 90 bucks. Changed her over to include Canada-wide for the exact same amount (with switchover happening next time she renews).

Interestingly, the plan price goes UP if you do No Data or No Text. So this may be a bug? Another family member of mine has a 90day Provincial call only plan and changing her over to Canada-wide makes the price for higher. So didn't work for her.
27 replies
Dec 11, 2013
269 posts
151 upvotes
Victoria
Yeah it seems to be the same price but for 3G-throttled data. Plans with LTE speed still cost more with Canada wide calling. This would save some customers from buying long distance top ups.
Apr 14, 2016
10 posts
10 upvotes
I'm on this above referenced 90day/canada-wide/text/1.5gb-3g for 90 bucks, minus 18 bucks for my rewards. 500MB per month is fine for me, and the 3G speed (I tested it and get a consistent 2.6-2.9Mb/s) is certainly fast enough for someone who's satisfied with 500MB per month.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3026 posts
2029 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. My Dad is on the same plan as yours with Province-wide calling only so I'll let him know to switch now for his next renewal. No need to use the $8 LD add-on for Canada-wide calling anymore.
Mar 6, 2011
165 posts
27 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just upgraded to an identical plan but now with free Canada Wide instead of province wide. (4+2gb at 3g, speed never seems to be an issue)
Jan 25, 2012
68 posts
43 upvotes
I don't see it on all the plans unfortunately. The $20, $25, $45 plans don't seem to have it. Am I missing something?
Sep 10, 2006
1546 posts
266 upvotes
eshizzi wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 1:39 pm
I don't see it on all the plans unfortunately. The $20, $25, $45 plans don't seem to have it. Am I missing something?
Use the custom plan builder. For the 3G plans, it seems to hold true for the ones that have voice/data/texting.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Jan 25, 2012
68 posts
43 upvotes
Psygineer wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 2:21 pm
Use the custom plan builder. For the 3G plans, it seems to hold true for the ones that have voice/data/texting.
Thanks, I'll try it out.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1360 posts
474 upvotes
ON
Hey guys, it seems like some of the plans are no longer giving a discount for 90 days.
So make sure you try the same plan on 30 days.

I tried the $40 Can Unlimited talk, 2G data for 30 days... 90 day version is $120.
Weird....
Sep 10, 2006
1546 posts
266 upvotes
thetipster wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 2:42 pm
Hey guys, it seems like some of the plans are no longer giving a discount for 90 days.
So make sure you try the same plan on 30 days.

I tried the $40 Can Unlimited talk, 2G data for 30 days... 90 day version is $120.
Weird....
I believe they eliminated the 90day bonus, now you just get the choice of averaging your data over 3 months, or resetting each month.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1077 posts
187 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Please enlighten me... Is PM any better than Zoomer price- or feature-wise for someone who stays under 2G / month, and if so - how?

Thanks
Dec 11, 2013
269 posts
151 upvotes
Victoria
wally_walrus wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 5:04 pm
Please enlighten me... Is PM any better than Zoomer price- or feature-wise for someone who stays under 2G / month, and if so - how?

Thanks

Tough to say which is absolutely better. You should decide which is better for your needs.

PM runs on the Bell/Telus LTE network and has pricing options for data3Mbps vs full LTE). Zoomer runs full speed on the Roger's LTE network.
PM doesn't run a credit check. Zoomer does.
PM is byop. Zoomer makes you take a phone to get their deal.
PM has many US roaming packages. Zoomer has one.
Mar 6, 2011
165 posts
27 upvotes
bob5593 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 6:26 pm
Tough to say which is absolutely better. You should decide which is better for your needs.

PM runs on the Bell/Telus LTE network and has pricing options for data3Mbps vs full LTE). Zoomer runs full speed on the Roger's LTE network.
PM doesn't run a credit check. Zoomer does.
PM is byop. Zoomer makes you take a phone to get their deal.
PM has many US roaming packages. Zoomer has one.
Pretty good summary here. I've got an account with each. I'm in the west and prefer PM because I get a better signal/coverage on the Telus/Bell network than Rogers. I'd also add that PM has unlimited minutes whereas the Zoomer 3GB plan only has 400. After six months you could get the 2GB unlimited minutes loyalty plan and you'd be paying $4 less a month than PM. But depends if you want to wait four months or be locked into a two year contract.