Cell Phones

[Public Mobile] Refer-a-friend Promo $10 credit for friend, $1/month ongoing for you

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2018 12:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1178 posts
343 upvotes

[Public Mobile] Refer-a-friend Promo $10 credit for friend, $1/month ongoing for you

Public mobile just made an announcement for a new refer-a-friend promo:
We’re offering a new Refer a Friend promotion, thanks to one of the amazing ideas we received from our Oracle team. A special thanks to @Luddite for sharing this idea!
Until May 10th, 2018, if you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate, your friend will get a one-time $10 account credit to offset the cost of their SIM card. Plus, you’ll receive a $1 referral reward as part of our rewards program!
Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:
As a Public Mobile customer you need to:
Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
Reminder, if you refer a friend you’re eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to…
Activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca
Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own.
The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.
Good deal to those thinking of signing up to the $8/month plan

As always, per RFD rules: NO REFERRAL SOLICITING ALLOWED
Thread Summary
THERE IS NO EXPIRY DATE. IT'S AN ONGOING DEAL.
101 replies
Aug 21, 2005
191 posts
91 upvotes
North York, ON
I thought they were trying to get rid of public mobile.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1362 posts
415 upvotes
smd wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 10:39 am
I think they're trying to redefine the service they want to provide. The guys who jumped onto them earlier were getting full 4G service on telus network in your province + canada wide data which is basically competing against their own customers from koodo and telus.

IMO telus wants PM service to match with chatr and lucky mobile.
Apr 6, 2001
170 posts
8 upvotes
I'll be switching from TELUS to PUBLIC MOBILE this week-end.
I just need basic phone/text, so for $8 month that's perfect for me.
They use TELUS network, right? so I should not see any difference with them.
Last edited by discodan on Apr 19th, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3447 posts
689 upvotes
GTA
They're basically using PM as an entry point to Telus services. They're not getting rid of it. It doesn't make sense considering Lucky Mobile was launched only a couple of months ago.

They want to entice people over to post paid every once in a while but that's it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1178 posts
343 upvotes
discodan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 10:57 am
I'll be switching from TELUS to PUBLIC MOBILE this week-end.
I just need basic phone/text, so for $8 month that's perfect for me.
They use TELUS network, right? so I should not see any difference with them.
right, coverage should not change as public mobile uses telus' networks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1178 posts
343 upvotes
smd wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 10:39 am
i doubt it...lots of ads all over the ttc promoting public mobile
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
11745 posts
2387 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think we'll see the killer Public Mobile deals that we once did, but Telus won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

They don't want the Competition Bureau and CCTS complaints that would be involved with that. It's safe for at least another year and probably longer.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1355 posts
823 upvotes
I need 6 more and I got the $10 plan for free. Maybe I’ll keep going and upgrade the plan and try $22 one next.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1071 posts
178 upvotes
I have public mobile and just signed my grandfather up for the $8 promo a couple of days ago...wished I had waited longer as I only got the $1/month ongoing referral...if I were to refer him now could’ve got him the extra $10....thanks for the info though OP
Sep 7, 2014
46 posts
12 upvotes
waterloo
is there like a forum where i can find referers / referees? i know it is not allowed to be discussed in RFD :(
I am planning to open a line and hoping to refer at least 3 people so it brings down to $5/month
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2482 posts
1190 upvotes
Muskoka
I don't think strangers will be referring each other with PM. You don't send a link like Koodo. You have to give them your PM phone number. I can't see people doing that for a simple $1.00 month.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1497 posts
433 upvotes
GTA
Is there any good plan on PM with some data?

Last time I was inside a hospital and my relatives who are on Bell/Telus networks got full bars, whereas I an my other relatives on Rogers network go practically nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with who I am with, just for the odd occasions (in this case, hospital - to me is somewhat important) I do want to have good/better signals.
Last edited by DragOnT on Apr 19th, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1355 posts
823 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: I don't think strangers will be referring each other with PM. You don't send a link like Koodo. You have to give them your PM phone number. I can't see people doing that for a simple $1.00 month.
I’ve done it multiple times already.
Not using the number anyway. It’s just there to get a targeted offer.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1178 posts
343 upvotes
DragOnT wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 12:14 pm
Is there any good plan on PM with some data?

Last time I was inside a hospital and my relatives who are on Bell/Telus networks got full bars, whereas I an my other relatives on Rogers network go practically nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with who I am with, just for the odd occasions (in this case, hospital - to me is somewhat important) I do want to have good/better signals.
depending on how much data u need, u can sign up to the $8/month (50 minutes/50txts) plan and buy a 1gb data add-on for $30, which rolls over every month until it is all used up