Cell Phones

[Public Mobile] Refer-a-friend Promo $10 credit for friend, $1/month ongoing for you

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 1:06 am
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2979 posts
621 upvotes
Mississauga
THanks OP! Just signed up my mom for $8/month. Now to figure out how the referrals work. Want to get my in-laws on this plan as well...so I would use the # I just signed up for my mom to refer them?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1161 posts
318 upvotes
Tig wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 9:22 am
THanks OP! Just signed up my mom for $8/month. Now to figure out how the referrals work. Want to get my in-laws on this plan as well...so I would use the # I just signed up for my mom to refer them?
that's correct, just input the phone number u just activated when u are filling out ur in-law's account info during activation process as the referrer
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10203 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver
spotts01 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 4:09 pm
PM uses your phone number to qualify you for various promos. I have heard of someone sniping someone else's PM number to grab the Koodo deal last month. Then when this person tried to get the promo for himself, it was denied because his number had already been used by the other person
Hmm I didn't know that how's they did transfer promos. Their phone numbers are listed in my account though, so I could do the same thing to them.
Jun 26, 2017
118 posts
26 upvotes
coopercold wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 3:46 pm
So... if I get a new SIM card for my granddad then sign him up for the $10 plan ($8 effectively with autopay), then he refers my grandma, then my grandma will get a $10 credit (so basically free SIM) and my grandad's plan goes to $7/month?

So, for $10 (Grandad's SIM) + $10 (Grandma's SIM) - $10 (referral credit) + $(10 - 2 - 1)/month + $(? - 2)/month, both my grandparents can have mobile plans with Public Mobile?

Seems to good to be true!? Ho ho ho Merry Christmas to all!
Hey, read your other posting. Let me know if you'd like what you just requested.
Apr 5, 2016
416 posts
561 upvotes
BC
Just picked up a Public Mobile SIM card at Walmart.
$11.20 after taxes
Gonna activate my "hope for a sweet a$$ Public Mobile to Koodo offer" line shortly Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
14960 posts
4032 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 9:25 pm
This is a really great deal. These $8 plans will be free eventually. I activated two lines without any issues aside from the slow and laggy public mobile website. I used Firefox to sign up and it worked great.
Good luck with that. I signed up for the 2016 fall promo thinking that one day, the plan will cost $35 with loyalty rewards. I didn't make it to year 2 before the fiasco in February. Now that they took back the $10 price increase, maybe I have a second chance. This time around they were very careful to point to the terms of service for price changes.
Koodo $40/6GB plan
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo plan
Fido $0 data plan
Rogers $25 500U home internet plan
Jan 5, 2017
118 posts
32 upvotes
kuzi wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 11:36 am
I have public mobile and just signed my grandfather up for the $8 promo a couple of days ago...wished I had waited longer as I only got the $1/month ongoing referral...if I were to refer him now could’ve got him the extra $10....thanks for the info though OP
$8 promo?
How?
Edit- never mind. I figured it out. I’m Smrt
Jan 27, 2007
120 posts
30 upvotes
I recently switched to Chatr in the hopes of receiving migration offers. I've received a couple now from Rogers/fido but was hoping for better offers. If I switch to PM, does Koodo offer better migration offers over time? Do you guys Prefer Chatr/Fido or PM/Koodo in terms of promotions?
Jun 16, 2017
20 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
I will not be referring anyone anymore to join PM after the little stunt they tried to pull in February. I was completely embarrassed by the ordeal because I've told coworkers and friends how good PM was previously.
Redflagdeals has help me get these good deals:
Public Mobile 12GB LTE 90 days plan $120
Rockwell 20V Cordless Impact Wrench $114.93
Adidas Stan Smith $76.99
Orient Ray II Automatic Dive Watch $97.54
Oct 5, 2017
116 posts
27 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 9:58 am
I recently switched to Chatr in the hopes of receiving migration offers. I've received a couple now from Rogers/fido but was hoping for better offers. If I switch to PM, does Koodo offer better migration offers over time? Do you guys Prefer Chatr/Fido or PM/Koodo in terms of promotions?
Probably, I had $45 4gb from Rogers offered to me a week ago. But PM users have $30 1gb and $35 2gb to switch to Koodo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1161 posts
318 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 9:58 am
if u're banking on migration offers, u should sign up to the public mobile LTE plans, rather than their 3G plans, i think those are the users they are targeting to migrate to koodo, but not sure if it is worth the gamble
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1161 posts
318 upvotes
iamhereredflagdeals wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:03 am
I will not be referring anyone anymore to join PM after the little stunt they tried to pull in February. I was completely embarrassed by the ordeal because I've told coworkers and friends how good PM was previously.
i have to agree with u, that did leave a bad taste..
Oct 1, 2007
109 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Want to sign up with PM for my mom. If she decides to change plan, is there a service fee?
Oct 5, 2017
116 posts
27 upvotes
DollarSqueezer wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:01 pm
Want to sign up with PM for my mom. If she decides to change plan, is there a service fee?
No service fee and she can either change the plan right away or will take effect next month.
Apr 5, 2016
416 posts
561 upvotes
BC
Blehh wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 10:41 am
if u're banking on migration offers, u should sign up to the public mobile LTE plans, rather than their 3G plans, i think those are the users they are targeting to migrate to koodo, but not sure if it is worth the gamble
The only reason I activated this Public Mobile line was to get offers. Do you think they won't send Koodo offers to the $10 plan users?
In the case of Chatr Fido/Rogers - the people targeted were the ones without any data.
Fido Public Mobile Shaw Tangerine

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)