Cell Phones

[Public Mobile] Refer-a-friend Promo $10 credit for friend, $1/month ongoing for you

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2018 12:19 am
Dec 23, 2006
429 posts
102 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 5:32 pm
Porting from prepaid sometimes adds to the excitement. One strategy is to get an account with a temporary number, contact the moderator team and ask them to do the port. If it fails,v they can correct it whereas customers can't.
Thanks.

I just got the plan today with a temp # and put in the info to port by myself when I got home. PM's website did reflect the change. I asked Petro earlier today they said process can take up to 3 business days, so now the waiting game begins. Will contact the moderator team if I don't see the port happening by mid week.
Fido $40 5GB small + $15 3GB tablet data
PM $20 province wide talk
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16479 posts
5063 upvotes
Toronto
texedomel wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:19 pm
Thanks.

I just got the plan today with a temp # and put in the info to port by myself when I got home. PM's website did reflect the change. I asked Petro earlier today they said process can take up to 3 business days, so now the waiting game begins. Will contact the moderator team if I don't see the port happening by mid week.
Keep using the old service. This is a good way to confirm a successful port when the old service stops.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Jul 18, 2004
277 posts
54 upvotes
10$ credit to get referred seems to permanent now! OP may be you should strike out 10th may as expiry date in your post!

This is from public mobile in my account, there is no expiry date now!
“Sharing is caring!
Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us! ”
Tangerine 👍 Public Mobile 👍 Fido 👍
“Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”
Jan 7, 2017
69 posts
25 upvotes
Was this stackable with the recent 1 month free promos? I’m looking to switch so if they bring that back good to know if I can refer someone
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
FrustratinglyFrugal wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 9:08 pm
Was this stackable with the recent 1 month free promos? I’m looking to switch so if they bring that back good to know if I can refer someone
Yes.
Jul 18, 2004
277 posts
54 upvotes
FrustratinglyFrugal wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 9:08 pm
It seems stackable because someone reported in another public mobile thread that he got 32$ credit (referral + Walmart +autopay)
Tangerine 👍 Public Mobile 👍 Fido 👍
“Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
175 upvotes
WARNING

Forwarding uses up minutes. This INCLUDES someone calling your VM and NOT even leaving a message. Just going through to VM consumes your minutes (and yes, even if you deactivate the actual leaving a message part of the call)
Oct 8, 2006
388 posts
122 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
mountaintree wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:42 pm
WARNING

Forwarding uses up minutes. This INCLUDES someone calling your VM and NOT even leaving a message. Just going through to VM consumes your minutes (and yes, even if you deactivate the actual leaving a message part of the call)
Just got a PM account on Monday and have been looking at this issue....I put on the extended absence greeting on the phone and set it so a VM cannot be left.....I note on the call log registry each call that goes to VM to get this greeting is recorded on the log for say 10 seconds, 18 seconds or whatever....but it does not appear to be added to the summary on the overview page that states how many minutes are used and minutes remaining....for example I have actually used 5 minutes of calls and yet the actual log shows almost 10 minutes if you add the VM calls....will have to leave this for a few more days to get an accurate read here
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
happy camper wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:31 am
Just got a PM account on Monday and have been looking at this issue....I put on the extended absence greeting on the phone and set it so a VM cannot be left.....I note on the call log registry each call that goes to VM to get this greeting is recorded on the log for say 10 seconds, 18 seconds or whatever....but it does not appear to be added to the summary on the overview page that states how many minutes are used and minutes remaining....for example I have actually used 5 minutes of calls and yet the actual log shows almost 10 minutes if you add the VM calls....will have to leave this for a few more days to get an accurate read here
Thanks for the research. It would have been my next project. I heard from PM community that very short connections don't use up minutes, which needs to be verified. Please keep us updated.
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
mountaintree wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:42 pm
WARNING

happy camper wrote:
I just finished testing to see whether calls forwarded to disabled voicemail with extended absence greeting use up minutes or not. I can confirm that they don't use up minutes.

PM4.jpg

PM3.jpg

What about calls forwarded to regular voicemail where people leave messages? Do they eat up minutes???
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16479 posts
5063 upvotes
Toronto
slpless wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:04 pm
I just finished testing to see whether calls forwarded to disabled voicemail with extended absence greeting use up minutes or not. I can confirm that they don't use up minutes.

PM4.jpg

PM3.jpg

What about calls forwarded to regular voicemail where people leave messages? Do they eat up minutes???
School me on this please, what do you mean by call forwarded to disabled voicemail. Can we and how is it done?
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
will888 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:27 pm
School me on this please, what do you mean by call forwarded to disabled voicemail. Can we and how is it done?
I didn't like to use up minutes by using voicemail - I found calls unanswered and forwarded to voicemail use up minutes. So, I decided to disable voicemail. Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't allow it. So, I used extended absence greeting to make it unable to leave a voice message. Whenever somebody calls me and I don't answer, it will be forwarded to voicemail. However, the caller hears a simple "Thank you." and will be disconnected. By doing so, there will be no minutes eaten up.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... true#M7139
Oct 8, 2006
388 posts
122 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
will888 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:27 pm
Excerpt from Public Mobility Community

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
• In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
• then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
• then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
• Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
• Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message. Problem solved!

NOTE: I can confirm this configuration does indeed work, and prevents the caller from leaving a message. I walked through it to make sure I had the right directions, and then tested by calling myself from another phone. When you dial in, it plays the extended absence greeting you recorded, and then a system voice says "Thank you for calling, goodbye." and the call disconnects.
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
175 upvotes
happy camper wrote:
I've seen reports that they do, but if this is true, that is much better.

Please let us know if this changes, as that would have made this deal much colder.

Cheers.