Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile weekend flash sale on $25/1GB plan, free SIM card plus 5GB add-on data when activating at retailers

[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18316 posts
6399 upvotes
Toronto

Public Mobile weekend flash sale on $25/1GB plan, free SIM card plus 5GB add-on data when activating at retailers

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 26, 2019
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Flash sale was just announced for this weekend. Not a super hot deal. The one time bonus data should cover overages for some time.

Edit:. The data bonus is available for online activations as well. No point doing that and miss out on the free SIM card.

There seems to be lots of questions on whether the data bonus is one time or recurring. It's only a one time bonus. The data add-on functionally works similar to a regularly purchased add-on in terms of usage and expiry. The data add-on is not used until the included data with the plan is used up. The data add-on has no time based expiry. For this promo, the fine print says the data add-on will expire with account suspension or plan change. This is a personal opinion and not proven. I highly doubt that plan change will cause loss of the bonus add-on. A while back Public Mobile offered a $10 x 6 fund credit for signing up a new account with the same conditions. People have reported no loss of credit when they changed their plan.
Last edited by will888 on May 25th, 2019 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Thread Summary
Public Service Announcement provided by @[embguy]:
PM does not have a call center. Supports are provided by PM Community Forum. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. Therefore, you may be out of phone service 3 days or more. With this in mind, if you are running a business or your job depending on a working phone. PM is not for you. Do your research. Ask questions before activation. Don't complain after activation because of the 2 - 3 days wait for the moderator.

BTW, PM is prepaid service provider. There is no refund if you change your mind 1 days after activation.

[End of PCA]

Not embguy:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/5GB-bonus
5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
151 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25012 posts
3056 upvotes
Hamilton
Come on $20 1gb plan Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Dec 3, 2017
32 posts
13 upvotes
The bonus 5GB is add on. If I downgrade to $10 plan 30 days later, the add on should be still on my account, right?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18316 posts
6399 upvotes
Toronto
Samsonchan wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:18 pm
The bonus 5GB is add on. If I downgrade to $10 plan 30 days later, the add on should be still on my account, right?
Yep, the bonus data is a one time thing. Once you meet the conditions and get the bonus, what happens afterwards doesn't matter. This is a good way to turn the $10 plan into one with some data. If you are frugal, the data could last a year, maybe more. Of course, this works with the $15 plan also. Well really any plan which begs the question why target only the $25/1GB plan. Only Public Mobile marketing knows that answer.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10179 posts
9411 upvotes
Public Service Announcement:
PM does not have a call center. Supports are provided by PM Community Forum. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. Therefore, you may be out of phone service 3 days or more. With this in mind, if you are running a business or your job depending on a working phone. PM is not for you. Do your research. Ask questions before activation. Don't complain after activation because of the 2 - 3 days wait for the moderator.

BTW, PM is prepaid service provider. There is no refund if you change your mind 1 days after activation.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1470 posts
119 upvotes
Is the 3G speed good enough for voip like fongo and google voice ?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1267 posts
4820 upvotes
bigbug wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:41 pm
Is the 3G speed good enough for voip like fongo and google voice ?
If that's your intention it makes way more sense to go for the Fido Tablet plan @ $15/mo for 4x the data.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14479 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:22 pm
Yep, the bonus data is a one time thing. Once you meet the conditions and get the bonus, what happens afterwards doesn't matter. This is a good way to turn the $10 plan into one with some data. If you are frugal, the data could last a year, maybe more. Of course, this works with the $15 plan also. Well really any plan which begs the question why target only the $25/1GB plan. Only Public Mobile marketing knows that answer.
It's all ready-made plans $25+.
Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 5.48.00 PM.png
Feb 19, 2009
334 posts
282 upvotes
Brampton
Leverage wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:42 pm
If that's your intention it makes way more sense to go for the Fido Tablet plan @ $15/mo for 4x the data.
You have to be a fido customer already to get that deal.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10179 posts
9411 upvotes
hurlyhunk wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:10 pm
3G speeds !
The 3G plan can access Telus both 3G and LTE signals. But PM will cap the LTE speed to 3Mbps which is fine with Internet surfing, VoIP voice calls and 720p video. But since this $25 plan has only 1GB plan, you do not want to watch too much video using mobile data. If you do, with the small phone screen, you should watch 360p video or lower.

With the $2 off on autopay, you are paying $23 per month.
Activate with a refer-a-friend credit, you will get a $10 one time bill credit within 72 hours after activation - Usually the next morning.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10179 posts
9411 upvotes
acidcaribou wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:49 pm
You have to be a fido customer already to get that deal.
You can get the Fido $15 4GB tablet plan as a new customer. MY local TMS manager told me last week.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10179 posts
9411 upvotes
If you have an old Rogers/Fido phone which supporting GSM(2G) only, it will not work with PM even it is unlocked. This is because PM/Telus/Koodo network does not support GSM(2G) signal.
Mar 10, 2019
780 posts
709 upvotes
will888 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 5:05 pm
Flash sale was just announced for this weekend. Not a super hot deal. The one time bonus data should cover overages for some time.

Edit:. The data bonus is available for online activations as well. No point doing that and miss out on the free SIM card.
Wow, you're quick. Thanks for sharing. Just a note that the sim cards are feee in-store until the end of month, but new customer might as well take advantage of the free 5GB one-time add on this weekend.