Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile weekend flash sale on $25/1GB plan, free SIM card plus 5GB add-on data when activating at retailers

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
hurlyhunk wrote: 3G speeds !

I suspect than many people would be quite happy with the speeds when connected to the 3g network..
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
kramer1 wrote: Faster than Zoomer 4G LTE for me
That might not be the case if you connect to Public Mobile's LTE network. But yes, I think that I understand what you mean.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1461 posts
761 upvotes
If this was 6gb of data for $25 a month, that would be hot.
Last edited by Diafel on May 24th, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
bigbug wrote: Is the 3G speed good enough for voip like fongo and google voice ?
It'a more than fast enough. Streaming voice is not all that data intensive compared to video.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
Diafel wrote: Wait, this plan is 6gb of 3G data for $25 a month? That is hot.
No, the 5GB is a one-time use add-on.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Member
Nov 1, 2013
231 posts
107 upvotes
This is a silly question but I'm trying to understand the add ons. My mother has the $8 Canada/US 200 min add on. From my understanding, once she uses up all the 200 mins, that add on falls off...is that correct?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
32286 posts
3126 upvotes
Winnipeg
kramer1 wrote: Faster than Zoomer 4G LTE for me
Oh you too? I get dropped from 4G all the time, goes between HSPA+ and 3G most of the time.
Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
427 posts
231 upvotes
My phone connects over LTE for both networks, and would normally stay that way. The underlying Rogers network is quite spotty in Downtown Vancouver and often Zoomer would show me network, but then take ages to find a tower and get things going. On PM it gets going much faster and I have more consistent coverage. I guess it's the underlying Telus network that helps.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11193 posts
10219 upvotes
Diafel wrote: If this was 6gb of data for $25 a month, that would be hot.
I will move all my Zoomer numbers to PM for $25/6GB plan. Where do I sign? lol. May be a few years later after 5G network is up and running.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
kramer1 wrote: My phone connects over LTE for both networks, and would normally stay that way. The underlying Rogers network is quite spotty in Downtown Vancouver and often Zoomer would show me network, but then take ages to find a tower and get things going. On PM it gets going much faster and I have more consistent coverage. I guess it's the underlying Telus network that helps.
Ok, so Rogers LTE is really that bad there? What I was trying to say was to conpare speeds between LTE and HSPA+ networks at Public Mobile and to use what works best for you.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2056 posts
3160 upvotes
ztensa22 wrote: This is a silly question but I'm trying to understand the add ons. My mother has the $8 Canada/US 200 min add on. From my understanding, once she uses up all the 200 mins, that add on falls off...is that correct?
Yes, add-ons are a one-time purchases. It also stays until used up.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2013
680 posts
532 upvotes
embguy wrote: I will move all my Zoomer numbers to PM for $25/6GB plan. Where do I sign? lol. May be a few years later after 5G network is up and running.

If it was $25 for 6GB per month, the Internet would break. Well at least Telus' servers would break.
Last edited by sparkaction on May 24th, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1350 posts
859 upvotes
Edmonton
So if you sign up for the $25/month plan and switch to the $15/month plan the next month, do you keep the 5GB add-on?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1350 posts
859 upvotes
Edmonton
sparkaction wrote: Of it was $25 for 6GB per month, the Internet would break. Well at least Telus' servers would break.
Excuses. I'm sure they once said that about texting. "If we don't charge 30 cents a text, the towers would be overflowing with text messages!!"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3158 posts
2328 upvotes
No Bum Deals
hurlyhunk wrote: 3G speeds !
ISH ! Lower latency than 3G. Feels quicker. Perfectly fine for regular use.
Last edited by pooper on May 24th, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🢂 Want COVID-19? Run around all the stores buying non-essential goods and help spread it around. Smart... 🢀

Top