Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile weekend flash sale on $25/1GB plan, free SIM card plus 5GB add-on data when activating at retailers

May 9, 2012
783 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
Will you also get the add-on 250mb for auto pay if you went 25$ plan month1 and then downgraded to 15$ (13$ auto pay) for month 2+??
Last edited by barginfreak on May 24th, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 9, 2012
783 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
Fine print says:
...”5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more.

Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed”
So downgrading after month 1 voids this bonus data, right?
Nov 3, 2018
155 posts
415 upvotes
embguy wrote: If you have an old Rogers/Fido phone which supporting GSM(2G) only, it will not work with PM even it is unlocked. This is because PM/Telus/Koodo network does not support GSM(2G) signal.
you're joking right? WHO STILL USES 2G ONLY PHONES??????
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
supremePug wrote: you're joking right? WHO STILL USES 2G ONLY PHONES??????
Lot of senior are still using old flip phones. Quite a few threads at PM community forum were asking why their unlocked phone work at Rogers and NOT PM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2071 posts
3191 upvotes
barginfreak wrote: Fine print says:
...”5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more.

Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed”
So downgrading after month 1 voids this bonus data, right?
Thanks for noticing that. In the Public Mobile Community annoucement, those terms are not mentioned.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
May 9, 2012
783 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
computergeek541 wrote: Thanks for noticing that. In the Public Mobile Community annoucement, those terms are not mentioned.
Copied & paste directly from PM main website.
Sep 20, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
Waterloo
Thinking of signing on. How the referral work?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1466 posts
816 upvotes
Earth
Redblueray wrote: Thinking of signing on. How the referral work?
Here is a link from their community forum explaining it. Scroll down to the The Refer a Friend Reward part. It explains it from the Public Mobile subscriber's point of view. You would be entering your friend's Public Mobile number (that is referring you) when you activate online or at a retail location.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... s/ta-p/164
Last edited by Oatmeal on May 24th, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2071 posts
3191 upvotes
Redblueray wrote: Thinking of signing on. How the referral work?
You only need the phone number of an existing Public Mobile customer. During activation, there is a question that asked if you were referred, and there is a field to type in that person's phone number. As the new customer, you would receive a one-time $10 credit. if you refer other people yourself, you will get a $1 discount for each 30 day plan that you renew (or $3 for each 90 day plan).
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1242 posts
1069 upvotes
frozenmelon wrote: So if you sign up for the $25/month plan and switch to the $15/month plan the next month, do you keep the 5GB add-on?
According to the terms and condition, if you switch plans, the 5GB data add on expires.

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1239 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Tryin so hard to switch my mom from Freedom to Public, but there's resistance lol She's paying for unlimited local talk and text, but no data, and has had the plan for about 7 years now; she's scared they'll jack the prices a year from now. Anyone with Public, ya'll have a good experience with them?
"signature removed for rule violations" Hell ya, that's what we do! 😝
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: According to the terms and condition, if you switch plans, the 5GB data add on expires.

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
The offer condition is $25 or more plan. I think people will continue to keep the 5GB bonus as long as the new plan is $25 or more. That condition is there to prevent people from activate the $25 plan for a month and change to a cheaper than $25 plan.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1242 posts
1069 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote: Tryin so hard to switch my mom from Freedom to Public, but there's resistance lol She's paying for unlimited local talk and text, but no data, and has had the plan for about 7 years now; she's scared they'll jack the prices a year from now. Anyone with Public, ya'll have a good experience with them?
How comfortable is your mother with technology? Or, will you help her with any troubleshooting. There is no call centre or live agent to discuss things. Private messaging moderators in the community forum take time.

PM is a low cost, no frills, DIY mobile company.

There have been recent drop call issues, texting problems, etc.

Overall, for my family members, it meets our needs well.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
pete_rfd wrote: Tryin so hard to switch my mom from Freedom to Public, but there's resistance lol She's paying for unlimited local talk and text, but no data, and has had the plan for about 7 years now; she's scared they'll jack the prices a year from now. Anyone with Public, ya'll have a good experience with them?
I started with a $45/5GB plan 10 months ago. Then, $45/5.5GB. Now, I am on the $40/5GB plan. For, it is getting cheaper over last 10 months.