Parenting & Family

Public speaking/comprehensive writing classes in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2018 10:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1431 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto

Public speaking/comprehensive writing classes in GTA?

Public speaking and comprehensive/creative writing are skills are something I'm interested in. Does anyone have any recommendation for classes or summer camps in York Region that provide this?
Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable 100
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1322 posts
582 upvotes
For public speaking, have you tried joining toastmasters
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1431 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Macx2mommy wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 6:15 pm
For public speaking, have you tried joining toastmasters
This would be for my kids. I looked at Toastmasters however it doesn't seem like they have classes specifically for children.
Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable 100
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1322 posts
582 upvotes
Sorry, I wasn’t sure if you posted in the wong area. What age are your kids and what specifically do you want them to learn in public speaking and writing? Writing and speech isn’t something that can be comprehensively covered in a week long camp. So what is it that you hope to accomplish? Honestly to be competent writers, school should be the start of that. Public speaking has so many parts to it, that’s why toast masters has such a long program. They do have jr teen programs but they may not be offered in many places.

Speach Arts would e for public speaking and debate. They start as young as 6 (I am out west though)
There are writers camps for tweens and older
Drama camp is great for getting kids to project their voices and learn to be less shy.

Depending on what you want to accomplish will determine the options.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)