Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2861 posts
206 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:09 pm
Case in point..
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/0 ... _web_ymbii

In no way does this help customers in any way whatsoever.

No wonder so many people abandon public transit as soon as they’re able.
Public transit is terrible. I agree. And it will get worse. Not that by having car is helping as the traffic is brutal. year by year. Everywhere.
The GO service adjustments come on the heels of York Region Transit deciding last fall to divert its bus routes from the campus to nearby Pioneer Village subway station.
But why the hoopla now? Everyone knew it was coming.
Anne Marie Aikins, a spokesperson for Metrolinx, the provincial agency that operates GO Transit, said it “has always been part of our plan” to divert bus routes to Highway 407 station once the subway extension opened.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3949 upvotes
Toronto
ttc and metrolinx are run by a bunch of idiots
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
If you want public transit then pay for it.

Leave the rest of us drivers alone.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1909 posts
756 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
callernamet wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:54 pm
Public transit is terrible. I agree. And it will get worse. Not that by having car is helping as the traffic is brutal. year by year. Everywhere.

But why the hoopla now? Everyone knew it was coming.
Maybe because it’s just coming into effect right now?
I don’t take public transit, but I was totally unaware before this article
This space for rent.
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2861 posts
206 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:20 pm
Maybe because it’s just coming into effect right now?
I don’t take public transit, but I was totally unaware before this article
This is Canada. Land of lazy people. No proper planing and over expenditure in every instance.
These students dont deserve admission to York University. Or any.
Tues., Oct. 3, 2017
GO Transit users to get half-price fares on TTC
The change will be put in place to coincide with the opening of the Spadina subway extension to Vaughan, which will be the first TTC subway to cross municipal boundaries and will intersect with GO Transit service.

The extension is scheduled to open on December 17, and once it’s in operation more GO Transit users are expected to be hopping aboard the TTC as part of their daily commute.

All this because these idiots failed to read notices, newspapers reports. Now some idiot emails City News and City News its taking up as it is huge problems.
The guy on news says now he has to pay extra he will stop eating sushi everyday. York University dont need any grants from Taxpayers with such out of touch students.
The GO changes come on the heels of the suspension of York Regional Transit’s Viva bus service to the campus back in September 2018. Since then, the Viva buses were redirected to the Pioneer Village stop and students have to either walk 15 to 20 minutes to campus or take the TTC subway one stop to York University station.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2118 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The subway coming to York has made students who take the bus to school worse. Now all three transit systems, TTC, YRT, and Go all no longer use the bus loop at the centre of the university.

The worst is for Go though as they now have to venture past the university if coming from the east and pay an extra $1.50 each way to take the subway to drop them off where they used to get dropped off.

Many students take Go and I feel bad for them as a long commute has just become longer and more expensive.
:D
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3577 posts
483 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:17 pm
If you want public transit then pay for it.

Leave the rest of us drivers alone.
If you want your highways, then you should pay for it as well. All highways and major streets should be tolled to help pay for their maintenance.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:14 am
If you want your highways, then you should pay for it as well. All highways and major streets should be tolled to help pay for their maintenance.
I have absolutely no issue with that.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3577 posts
483 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:17 am
I have absolutely no issue with that.
Good! At least we're on the same page.

Toronto at least should also have a congestion charge as well for anyone entering the downtown area. Plus, follow Madrid's plans to create a Zero Emission Zone where non-electric cars are banned from entering the city centre.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:28 am
Good! At least we're on the same page.

Toronto at least should also have a congestion charge as well for anyone entering the downtown area. Plus, follow Madrid's plans to create a Zero Emission Zone where non-electric cars are banned from entering the city centre.
Wholeheartedly agree. I would even set tolls at a rate that most people find unconscionable. Let me put it to you this way. I an an avid customer of the 407, and I believe the rates should be double what they are today, at least. I disagree with you re: electric cars though, but that's not really on topic either.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3577 posts
483 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:33 am
Wholeheartedly agree. I would even set tolls at a rate that most people find unconscionable. Let me put it to you this way. I an an avid customer of the 407, and I believe the rates should be double what they are today, at least. I disagree with you re: electric cars though, but that's not really on topic either.
Let's go back to your original comment. Since you are an avid driver, it is in your best interest to have fewer other drivers on the road. The less cars are on the road, the better and easier it is for you to drive around. So whether you like it or not, you (as a driver) have an indirect stake in the quality of the public transport system of your city whether or not you use it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4511 posts
161 upvotes
Austin/Markham
There's 2 reasons the TTC and the TTC+York transit integration is so terrible and slow.

1. So you have time to think about what events in life led you to having to take public transit.

2. What things you can change so you never have to take public transit again.

It helps provide the motivation for change. Living north of Steeles, I've always had to pay 2 fares just to take the TTC.....no surprise in this story since they're taking BOTH GO and TTC....whiners. They could just walk at the transfer point.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:12 pm
Let's go back to your original comment. Since you are an avid driver, it is in your best interest to have fewer other drivers on the road. The less cars are on the road, the better and easier it is for you to drive around. So whether you like it or not, you (as a driver) have an indirect stake in the quality of the public transport system of your city whether or not you use it.
You're right, and after paying a over 6 figure tax bill in 2018, my contribution to transit, as far as I'm concerned, is done.

All this money spent towards infrastructure is interesting, because it isn't. All that being said, one has to jack up the price of driving to pry people out of cars, and once they can't afford that, they can most certainly "pay" for transit, and the user fees generated from that should be all that is required.