Travel

Puerto vallarta on june 21st any advice?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2005 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2005
77 posts
6 upvotes

Puerto vallarta on june 21st any advice?

hey guys im going to puerto vallarta on june 21st...kind of a last minute thing my friends and i decided on.
We will be staying at canto del sol all inclusive for a week

is there anything i need to know or any advice you guys can give for a first timer to mexico?
do i need any shots/ a passport

thanks alot guys
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2003
1606 posts
2 upvotes
Only drink bottled water. Don't forget about the ICE when getting drinks as ICE would be made of "unbottled" water. Don't carry too much money and you are allowed to bargain as Mexican vendors regularly mark up prices for "touristas".

Pretend like ur walking away and they give u the price u want..

U should visit fat tuesday's and carlos n' charlies, both good bars.

Good luck.. :D
Great Gossip Site - The Superficial
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
3006 posts
208 upvotes
canto del sol is a pretty decent hotel,....i was in PV a few months ago, some of our friends were at canto, and we were at las palmas.

I wouldnt worry about the ice at your hotel, i had it with all my drinks and never got sick. Nor did anyone that was with me, and ill tell you why. Take a bottle of petpo bismal pills and take one every morning. You will have solid poops all week and have nothing to worry about.

tuesday night is the foam party at Collage...sweet bar. They also have a mardi gras part on fridays at the same bar.... if you have ot choose one, go to the foam party....its unreal. Mardi gras was super fun too. If you want a table, you wil have to tip... if each of you and your buddies toss's in a couple bucks, they will bring you a couple 26's, mix and a bucket of ice. They did for us, it was the ****.

Christines is by far the best bar in PV, its unreal, and definately worth checking out. Senor frogs is decent too. Almost all of these bars...has a cover of ~20US (not completely sure as it was included in our package), but its all u can drink....so totally worth it. If you plan on getting sloshed at your hotel and than going to teh bar and not doing allu can drink....be ready to get ripped off. Cover will be 10, and drinks 5-6 each. So just pay the 20.

Dont book the tours at your resort, go into town, and you can get stuff way cheaper. We only did one...jeep safari, but it was included in our trip.

And make sure you go to the restaurant Brazils...its a fricken amazing brazillian steakhouse. Theres like 14 different kinds of meats cooking on swords and they carve them into your plate. You could tell the meat was good quality (unlike the hotels) and it was only 15US for all u cant eat. Ive had $50+ meals that dont even compare.

You shouldnt need any shots... and you dont need a passport...birth certificate and drivers license is fine, but they recommend a passport.

PS. tip your maids.

Enjoy, I cant wait to go back there.
Jun 6, 2005
77 posts
6 upvotes
thanks both of you for your advice
im stoked about going now
:lol:
Oct 28, 2001
247 posts
4 upvotes
fl4wless, what package did you get that includes so much stuff? you said jeep tour and bar cover charges were included...

thinking of going in the last week of august. was planning to go to Cancun, but PV is more affordable.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
3006 posts
208 upvotes
it was a spring break package via bustloose... www.bustloose.com

i dont think that company runs any in august. 8 of us went, cost us 1400 tax in for 1 week All Inc. each. Since we booked before a certain date we got the party package for free....which included 3 covers for all u can drink, booze cruise, the jeep safari, etc. It was worth it for us, since we booked like 5 months in advance.

In august, you should be able to get a way better deal since its not high season, and if you want a really good price, wait for a last minute deal.
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
The bar "Hilo" is this most insane bar I've been to ANYWHERE. Right on the Malecon, the boardwalk along the beach is that is absolutely HOPPING at night!

There's a club crawl that can pick you up right at your hotel, ours was on wednesdays and it went to Senor Frogs, Carlos O'Briens, and Hilo. You get a free BIG drink at each place. We met a lot of fun people, and got very loaded. All in all an awesome night.

If you want to do a tour, I suggest the Canopy Tour, where you ride the largest zip lines in the world, larger and more of them than Whistler and even Costa Rica. My wife and I had a blast doing those. It's not for the faint of heart, but anyone can do it.

Have fun! I'm jealous now. ;)

Oops, I just see that you already went. Oh well...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)