• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2011 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 2, 2010
348 posts
8 upvotes

Punishments for party games?

Everyone likes to have a bit of fun when it comes to group games. Sometimes when you need to do something torturous or embarrassing if you lose, because it makes the game more serious and possibly exciting. Perhaps the loser needs to do push-ups or eat something. But where do you usually draw the line?

What happens if the punishment is eating something real nasty and has potential of throwing up? Does the loser 'man-up' and do it or do you turn to something else? It's not fun if there's a party-pooper, but sometimes the punishments are pretty ridiculous.
Share:
14 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
elliotforgames wrote:
Jun 11th, 2011 1:41 am
Everyone likes to have a bit of fun when it comes to group games. Sometimes when you need to do something torturous or embarrassing if you lose, because it makes the game more serious and possibly exciting. Perhaps the loser needs to do push-ups or eat something. But where do you usually draw the line?

What happens if the punishment is eating something real nasty and has potential of throwing up? Does the loser 'man-up' and do it or do you turn to something else? It's not fun if there's a party-pooper, but sometimes the punishments are pretty ridiculous.

That sounds like it crosses the line of being fun, to being mean spiritted. And too much like something on Jackass.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Oct 16, 2010
203 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
elliotforgames wrote:
Jun 11th, 2011 1:41 am

I don't see a problem. You're not being forced to play the game, so if you can't stomach the loss and what comes with it, simply don't play.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2005
2723 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
The way I usually guage these situations is if I lost, would I be willing to eat or do the exact same thing.
If the answer is even a hesitant yes, probably the line should be there
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3274 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes, I try to set up two types of punishment for these instances so it lets the loser feel more confortable in case the person finds one punishment too harsh.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9172 posts
381 upvotes
Markham
Fun and games are fine as long as it's not doing something ridiculous where someone can get hurt physically or psychologically. Peer pressure can really destroy some people.
:lol:
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
201 upvotes
Usually the loser has to chug back his beer.

But that makes him the winner.
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
Aug 1, 2010
498 posts
2 upvotes
GTA Area
I like playing truth or dare as well :D
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2573 posts
123 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2011 3:14 pm
Usually the loser has to chug back his beer.

But that makes him the winner.

I like that game.
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
109 upvotes
Doesn't party = drink??? :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9172 posts
381 upvotes
Markham
biee wrote:
Jun 11th, 2011 5:06 pm
Doesn't party = drink??? :D

Only for you biee ;)
Jul 30, 2009
316 posts
There were a few CSI episodes which featured death by these types of games
[OP]
Feb 2, 2010
348 posts
8 upvotes
See, that's the problem I find in some of the group events I attend. Everyone likes to have fun, but nobody likes to be a party pooper. And that is where peer pressure gets the best of you. Some suggest you shouldn't play a game if you can't take the loss, but sometimes there is no choice. If everyone at the party is playing, there's no way you can say 'I'll watch'. If you do, you're already a party-pooper.

I'm just curious what you guys do in a situation like this. Fortunately for me, I didn't lose that time, so I didn't have to eat that nasty stuff, but I felt really bad for the loser, because he was a really good guy. In the end, he couldn't even finish it and the whole crowd just told him to stop before he got sick. And that was night.

Maybe it's all about the group of people you hang out with. From my perspective, there is usually one or two people who dominate every group and all rules are made up by them. If you can't agree or get along with the dominant figures in the group, then chances are, you probably can't get along with the group. Thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9172 posts
381 upvotes
Markham
It's just the type of friends that you have, you probably won't hang out with them so much if they keep doing things you don't enjoy. If you really feel uncomfortable, then don't. If your friends start doing drugs and you don't want to, should you do it anyways?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7139 posts
1682 upvotes
We used to have a lot of fun untill one of my friends decided to hang his girlfriend upside down so that she can chug the beer, somehow she slipped from his grip and broke her nose and a chunk of her hair came out - suffice to say that was the end of having party games.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
× < >