• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 1:34 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes

Purchased an Infiniti G37s 2013 Car, 2 Door Coupe

I actually bought the Infinity G37s 2 Door Coupe about 5 months ago and loving it so far. Great acceleration, performance is flawless, Bluetooth/GPS system, Bose Surround Sound system, fully loaded, leather interior, 2 door coupe, Sports model. It's a few years old but I got a great deal on it - Around 50K KM's on it for about $16K. What are your thoughts on this type of vehicle?

Anyone else own this vehicle and how do you like it?
Last edited by Needinghelp on Aug 17th, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Signature removed> - It made fun of a former user named "a-tree" and his narcissistic attitude. However, he's permanently banned from these Forums so no need for this signature anymore. Good riddance!
45 replies
Jan 2, 2011
171 posts
39 upvotes
Compared to my Volt... it like its fuel! Enjoy bud
[OP]
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
learsid wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 5:44 pm
Compared to my Volt... it like its fuel! Enjoy bud
Thanks man. But no worries, everyone has their preferences. Hope you still enjoy driving it!
<Signature removed> - It made fun of a former user named "a-tree" and his narcissistic attitude. However, he's permanently banned from these Forums so no need for this signature anymore. Good riddance!
Jan 12, 2008
625 posts
157 upvotes
TDot
Nice ride, sounds like you got a good deal on it, was it listed higher and you haggled down?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
IndusVally wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 6:33 pm
Nice ride, sounds like you got a good deal on it, was it listed higher and you haggled down?
Yes sir. It was $3K higher but I negotiated it down. Also, it would've been closer to $30K but the carfax report showed a collusion that the previous owner reported for $11K, when in fact it was a pretty minor accident and after they repaired it, there is absolutely nothing noticeable on the car. Completely repaired and looks brand new.

The previous owner probably reported it that high for 'insurance fraud' purposes.
Jan 12, 2008
625 posts
157 upvotes
TDot
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 6:44 pm
Yes sir. It was $3K higher but I negotiated it down. Also, it would've been closer to $30K but the carfax report showed a collusion that the previous owner reported for $11K, when in fact it was a pretty minor accident and after they repaired it, there is absolutely nothing noticeable on the car. Completely repaired and looks brand new.

The previous owner probably reported it that high for 'insurance fraud' purposes.
Nice! 3k off is pretty big, what kind of dealership did you get it from?
Apr 30, 2013
490 posts
196 upvotes
Centre of the earth …
Enjoy the beautiful exhaust tone. Congrats!
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2329 posts
459 upvotes
Ottawa
Can't believe no one has asked the most important question!!
Jan 12, 2008
625 posts
157 upvotes
TDot
I'm looking around for a 2012+ G or Q50.

Base Q50s' are going for around 21 - 24k was wondering how much $$$ I could haggle off that, I know infinitys aren't as popular as BMW/Audi.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1721 posts
608 upvotes
How's the insurance on it? I've always loved the G since it first came out, but my friend turned me off from it mentioning the suspension and clutch issues in his G37.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4758 posts
3502 upvotes
Montreal
It is a great GT, solid and reliable. I have an all original 03 coupe 6mt in rare Carribean Blue and as hard as it is to believe I've seen people stop and take occasional photos of it. Speaks to the design still one of the nicest looking coupes on the road today. I had driven a G37S manual and although not as analog and raw as the original it's a great cruiser with a lot of power. These are last of breed, get them before they get cheap enough where kids buy them and eventually mod them and destroy them. Infiniti not offering a manual in the new Q60 and removing basically most of it's soul is a big mistake IMO and will limit sales.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10213 posts
5113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ottofly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 9:46 am
It is a great GT, solid and reliable. I have an all original 03 coupe 6mt in rare Carribean Blue and as hard as it is to believe I've seen people stop and take occasional photos of it. Speaks to the design still one of the nicest looking coupes on the road today. I had driven a G37S manual and although not as analog and raw as the original it's a great cruiser with a lot of power. These are last of breed, get them before they get cheap enough where kids buy them and eventually mod them and destroy them. Infiniti not offering a manual in the new Q60 and removing basically most of it's soul is a big mistake IMO and will limit sales.
I had a 2003 G35 6spd in ivory pearl with nav. I liked and still love the look of it till this day. It looks like a Japanese muscle car.
Jun 23, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
I personally have a 2014 Q50 (which replaces the G37). Acceleration is great, engine sound is not like the G37. They put a muffler delete in there that keeps it quiet. Can’t say I love my car and I can’t say I hate it. I’m really indifferent about it. I’m gonna keep it for another two year tops and probably change manufacturer. Out of all my cars my Q50 visits the garage on a regular basis. I never believed people when they said never to buy the first generation of a new model. Well lol now I know why. But performance of the Infiniti G37/Q50 is great and really really not good on gas. Enjoy your ride. It’s a nice looking car even tho it’s 5 years old!
[OP]
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
IndusVally wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 7:10 pm
Nice! 3k off is pretty big, what kind of dealership did you get it from?
Yeah great discount... It's probably because I said can pay the entire thing in cash right on the spot! That lightened up his face real fast...

I started my search on Autotrader.ca, did all my filtering based on price, mileage, make, model, year, etc. and then organized my search by lowest to highest price. Found a family-owned dealership in North York in the Jane/Finch area. I was a bit skeptical at the level of quality of the vehicle when I first saw the listing online and where the dealership was located TBH (because I thought there was NO WAY this car would be this low plus be in good condition + low mileage), but then I went in-person, I test-drove it, loved it, saw the carfax report and nothing major on it other than the 'insurance fraud' write-up, which is the reason why it dropped so much.

It's a great GT. Been loving it so far. Everyone who has seen it or rode with me in it, all love it as well. I'm surprised Nissan discontinued the G37 series of cars... It's a great car.
Last edited by Needinghelp on Aug 13th, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)