None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10129 posts
1097 upvotes
Vancouver

purchasing 2 costco cards online?

I found the process of ordering two cards not friendly at all. The only reason I did it online was because I had a promo code for two movie tix with purchase online.

None the less.

My question:

Do they physically mail out the two costco cards to my address?

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8100 posts
1062 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 9:13 pm
I found the process of ordering two cards not friendly at all. The only reason I did it online was because I had a promo code for two movie tix with purchase online.

None the less.

My question:

Do they physically mail out the two costco cards to my address?

Thanks

Yes. And once you receive them you will have to follow the instructions in the enclosed letter to get them activated. Activation is a process where you call a toll-free number, leave a message with the card # and phone # where you can be reached and your gift cards will be activated within 48 hours. Usually 24 hours at most.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10129 posts
1097 upvotes
Vancouver
It might be awhile then before they arrive? Via what carrier? Canadapost? Ups? FedEx?

And I looked back at the site and mentions something about the number emailed?

So confusing

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5008 posts
356 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 9:41 pm
It might be awhile then before they arrive? Via what carrier? Canadapost? Ups? FedEx?

And I looked back at the site and mentions something about the number emailed?

So confusing

Thanks

Assuming you are talking about Costco Cash Cards (not gift certificates to other retailers purchased through Costco), it will come via Canada Post regular lettermail.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10129 posts
1097 upvotes
Vancouver
Oops I read my original post and I can see confusion. I am sorry.

I ordered two memberships via Costco website.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8100 posts
1062 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 12:47 am
Oops I read my original post and I can see confusion. I am sorry.

I ordered two memberships via Costco website.
Process is still the same but you could probably just walk into the store and they can look this information up and get you settled right away. Once the cards do arrive they will get you to have your picture taken so that it can be added to it.

To the OP, clarity is always important! Please, read and re-read your posts before posting so that people can comment on the right information.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10129 posts
1097 upvotes
Vancouver
Strange online experience. None the less after talking to different people on the phone I think I have my answer.

My costco membership was sent via email. The gift membership will arrive physically via UPS lol....no idea why they don't send it thru the mail stream but oh well. And I will receive 4 movie tickets as per my promo.

I am apparently able to use the membership now instore/online.