Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Purevpn] $49.95 USD for 2 years (Save 70%)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2016 10:28 am
Tags:
Aug 13, 2006
101 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I am a newbie to all this stuff so excuse my lack of knowledge. If I want to stream US content with Netflix should I use PureVPN or IronSocket? Is it better to make the DNS changes from the router or device?

Thanks!
Banned
Jan 6, 2016
30 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
adrchn wrote: I am a newbie to all this stuff so excuse my lack of knowledge. If I want to stream US content with Netflix should I use PureVPN or IronSocket? Is it better to make the DNS changes from the router or device?

Thanks!
My personal experience says Purevpn is good to go with, but you should do your search on Google as well to find more about Ironsocket and Purevpn. Either way you can do it using router or install apps on any of your devices to stream US Netflix.
Banned
Jan 6, 2016
30 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Al Kaseltzer wrote: Netflix just announced a crackdown on using proxies to access foreign content.

https://media.netflix.com/en/company-bl ... al-service

2 year contract might not be a good idea, if that's your intended use.
I don’t think it is being implemented any soon as it has been quite a long time since people started using VPNs to access Netflix from different regions of the world.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
The Netflix announcement made it sound imminent. I wouldn't be signing up for any VPN or DNS subscriptions longer than a month right now if your purpose is to access Netflix international content. Give it 30 days to see what happens.
Feb 6, 2009
257 posts
102 upvotes
I have been a PureVPN subscriber for two years and I can recommend it as a solid provider with excellent speed and reliability. They are based in Hong Kong so there are no issues with logging. I gave been very happy with the service at $50USD a year and consider it well worth it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1686 posts
998 upvotes
karnige wrote: I hope its all smoke and mirrors
There would be some work around even if they implement it. Otherwise they will lose their subscriptions. But I see enough content in Canada nowdays so I don't have to switch to US often.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn

US$59 for Life Time subscription.

License
  • License deadline: redeem within 30 days of purchase
  • Updates included
Terms
  • All sales final
  • Instant digital redemption
  • Subscription term is for 5 years. At the conclusion of the 5-year term, customers may renew their subscriptions completely free-of-charge by contacting support@stackcommerce.com.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Why not add some bucks and get the so-called life-time subscription. Actually you need to renew it every five years without any charge. Just contact them.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
100 wrote: There is a way to set it so that if the vpn goes down it kills the connection.
This looks like what I'm looking for. Could you please elaborate on how this can be accomplished?
Aug 30, 2015
837 posts
1328 upvotes
BC
This thread OP:
sarenalin wrote: I experienced DNS leaks with PIA, so did a little research and found PureVPN via some good reviews. They currently have a special promo running of $2.08 USD with an annual subscription. I am using apple device to stream BBC iPlayer from Canada and it works very well. No leaks and the connection to servers are also stable and speedy.

Choice of Australia rated them number 1 VPN provider https://www.choice.com.au/products/elec ... pn-purevpn

Their features include Wifi security, 5 multi logins, 500+ servers in 100+ countries, free apps for all devices and more.

Cheers
Another thread OP nordvpn-36-usd-per-year-code-70off-1896257/ :
canadacelt wrote: Was experiencing DNS leaks with PIA, was doing a bit of research and this VPN had some good reviews, so looks like they have a special on of $3 a month with an annual subscription. I'm using android devices, streaming from uk and us seem to work very well. No DNS leaks and servers seem to work
well also. They also have a 3 day free trial if you request by emailing support[at]nordvpn.com

Pc mag rate them well, I think the offering is better since the article was published, such as more simultaneous devices

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp

Will post again if I run into any issues,so far so good.

I also see posted on rfd that they had a better deal this time last year, so maybe it is possible to get cheaper

Nordvpn.com
It's entirely possible that the numerous similarities between the two posts are a pure concidence (pun intended), but nonetheless this stood out to me when doing VPN research.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: It logs, so it's useless for most.
Why? I'm not running torrents through it or anything like that.

If I'm just using it to circumvent geo blocking of otherwise legitimate material, why should I care if logs are kept?
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6154 upvotes
Pete Jones wrote: Why? I'm not running torrents through it or anything like that.

If I'm just using it to circumvent geo blocking of otherwise legitimate material, why should I care if logs are kept?
Because MOST users that use VPN are for the purpose of TORRENTING. Good for you! You're a minority.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: Because MOST users that use VPN are for the purpose of TORRENTING. Good for you! You're a minority.
I'd like to see your stats to back that up. If you're serious about torrenting, you'll use a seedbox. In the grand scheme of things, they're cheap.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6154 upvotes
Pete Jones wrote: I'd like to see your stats to back that up.
You should know better that any respectable VPN company would not keep statistics, and even if they did, they wouldn't release it to the public. So why bother asking?

Any intelligent being would know that paid-VPN service is primarily used for torrenting. Most people wouldn't even know what a seedbox is, aside from nerds and techs. Last that I checked, they don't make up for the bulk of the population.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: You should know better that any respectable VPN company would not keep statistics, and even if they did, they wouldn't release it to the public. So why bother asking?

Any intelligent being would know that paid-VPN service is primarily used for torrenting. Most people wouldn't even know what a seedbox is, aside from nerds and techs. Last that I checked, they don't make up for the bulk of the population.
So basically, you're just making an assumption that most people use VPNs for torrenting without any shred of evidence.

Ok. Whatever.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6154 upvotes
Pete Jones wrote: So basically, you're just making an assumption that most people use VPNs for torrenting without any shred of evidence.

Ok. Whatever.
More like through observation. Most people that ask about paid-VPN services on RFD and other forums are for torrenting.

If you're using it strictly for geo-blocking, there are plenty of free (but slower) services out there.
Banned
Jan 6, 2016
30 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wxw2015 wrote: Why not add some bucks and get the so-called life-time subscription. Actually you need to renew it every five years without any charge. Just contact them.
Yeah that’s really a good one, if you want it for a longer period of time. For those who want to get it for lesser time would definitely check this offer out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)