• Jan 15th, 2019 7:29 pm
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
458 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
is.legaspi20 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:18 pm
I don't even know what to say at this point and I am beyond exhausted with dealing with their customer service department and case managers.

Here's what happened.

I was home all day on Monday expecting a laptop to come in as was my dad. I had to leave to pick something up across the street and received a notification stating
how it was received and signed. I immediately called my dad to ask if he had received anything and signed for a package. He had NOT. I immediately called Purolator to
figure out what on earth is happening and no one seems to know why and its been 4 days now and they have not figured out where the driver went via GPS. They did send me an email
to confirm the signature and insisted that one of us signed it. I viewed the signature and NO ONE in this household signs like that.

So 2019 started and I'm out a $2,000.00+ laptop.

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about this. Please email us your tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com. You are also able to file a claim on this item at our website. Please go to this link https://www.purolator.com/en/resources- ... claim.page.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa
Customer Care Team
Coordinator - Social Media & Testing
www.purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Jan 10, 2009
673 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:47 pm
Why should a merchant be punished?

BTW, it would be extremely hard to win this chargeback as the item was signed for. He needs to go after Purolator and sue them in court for faking a signature.
Because the merchant is responsible for the shipping. Technically you are not the one with recourse if a package goes missing, it's the sender who has the contract with the shipper not the consumer.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2757 posts
400 upvotes
It's hard to believe this story as real. The op is got 4 posts on rfd. Showed up out of no where. I know Purolator can screw you. But there's no way a package that was left at someone door would dissappear in minutes. And also drivers would not fake someone signature.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
If this is the same "vanessa" over at Twitter (since you have your info on you e-sig), your department literally didnt get back to me. I had to make a phone call multiple times yesterday and today to get through to someone.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I've already reached out to Dell. They have said they have "reached out and are currently waiting" for Purolator's response.

So, I'm in limbo. I called Purolator numerous times already. It's always a, "We dont have information right now. But we will get back to you when we do. "
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:35 pm
From where you purchase the laptop? Just have them deal with it. They are the sender. Call them and explain the issue, they will talk to the courier.
i mean, I have already reached out to Dell. They're waiting on Purolator.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:41 pm
It's hard to believe this story as real. The op is got 4 posts on rfd. Showed up out of no where. I know Purolator can screw you. But there's no way a package that was left at someone door would dissappear in minutes. And also drivers would not fake someone signature.
Thanks, dude.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3089 posts
1356 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:18 pm
Nope, that makes it even easier. Fraud department will just request the cardholder's signature if not already on file, compare it against what Purolator provides, and complete the chargeback.
The OP could just sign it differently than usual and deny it's their signature. They should be made to wear body cams.
Dec 24, 2004
170 posts
69 upvotes
Saint Hubert
EEE2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:41 pm
Has the OP been planning this possible troll post for the last 9 years (based on register date) ? :)

In all seriousness, OP, is there perhaps another location in your city with the same street name / address #'s or something similar? I know my street is similar to a few others and i've had deliveries attempted twice since the summer that were not for me to which I politely show the delivery guy the mistake.

Do you perhaps have a neighbor who may have signed for it on your behalf perhaps thinking you weren't home?

The only case i've personally had with a delivery + signature that apparently signed for but never did, after about 2 weeks of dealing with Rogers, they finally sent me the phone (Sony X1 (garbage phone) probably 10 years ago). The signature in my case however was just a squiggly line.

Good luck OP, hope you get your laptop.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1374 posts
974 upvotes
OP, how do you know it was the driver who signed for it?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3680 posts
2306 upvotes
Burnaby
pootza wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:16 pm
The OP could just sign it differently than usual and deny it's their signature. They should be made to wear body cams.
I agree. Or at least they should be allowed taking a picture of the person signing the delivery. That should discourage full-time scammers and opportunistic thieves.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2486 posts
1887 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:49 pm
A contract exists between buyer and seller. The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer.

The merchant has also contracted the courier to provide a service. If the courier does not complete the service, loses the item, or delivers the item to the wrong person, etc., they are responsible for making the merchant whole, assuming that the merchant signed a liability waiver and purchased insurance on the parcel.

No contract exists between the reciever and the courier; even if there is a successful investigation is completed, monies are owed to the sender and not the reciever. The merchant would then have to re-ship the item.

Chargebacks should not affect your credit rating at all. However, most credit card issues require at least an attempt of dispute resolution between the merchant and the buyer. So yes, you do need to contact the merchant first... If they won't cooperate, initiate a chargeback and explain that the merchant is not cooperating, and the item was not recieved.
This sounds more like what Amazon would send to their sellers, so they can refund fraudulent buyers even when tracking and signature shows item as delivered.

It has been known for a very long time that if you want expensive items for free, just contact customer service, claim non delivery and you will receive a 100% refund - guaranteed.

However, I am not sure that this is how it works in real world with credit card charge-backs. Certainly they have been more strict as of late approving chargebacks and refer you to to the merchant to resolve the issue. This has been actually posed here before.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:22 pm
OP, how do you know it was the driver who signed for it?
Honestly, I'm just assuming. That's the only logical response. I know my neighbors really well and I've asked them. None of them received a package at their door and no one in my house received them.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2486 posts
1887 upvotes
is.legaspi20 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:10 pm
Honestly, I'm just assuming. That's the only logical response. I know my neighbors really well and I've asked them. None of them received a package at their door and no one in my house received them.
Signature requires ID. If it was signature confirmation Purolator would not be allowed to leave it with "neighbours". It's the same like when you to to the PO to pick up your parcel. Try to send your neighbour.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
16 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
mcmoser wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:20 pm
Has the OP been planning this possible troll post for the last 9 years (based on register date) ? :)

In all seriousness, OP, is there perhaps another location in your city with the same street name / address #'s or something similar? I know my street is similar to a few others and i've had deliveries attempted twice since the summer that were not for me to which I politely show the delivery guy the mistake.

Do you perhaps have a neighbor who may have signed for it on your behalf perhaps thinking you weren't home?

The only case i've personally had with a delivery + signature that apparently signed for but never did, after about 2 weeks of dealing with Rogers, they finally sent me the phone (Sony X1 (garbage phone) probably 10 years ago). The signature in my case however was just a squiggly line.

Good luck OP, hope you get your laptop.
I was plotting this for the last 9 years. It's been a slow build up. : D

I hope so as well. But here's whats odd.

The person I initially spoke with who told me they'd get back to me as soon as they hear something informed me they can pull the GPS data from the truck as it's showing up as "blank." And I find that really hard to believe. Second, I've ordered from Dell numerous times. and this has NOT happened once before. There are no other streets with my address in this city or somewhat resemble my address. I've asked my neighbours whom I'm really close with and none of them received a door knock during the time I received my notification.

I honestly don't quite know what to do at this point. I'm just hoping they would A.) Find my package unopened and sent to me B.) Give me a new one if they can't find it or if they found it opened at the wrong address.

Do I file a claim at this point? I don't even know.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)