Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Purolator

Purolater Shipping 40% off domestic, 50% off US/International

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 3:04 am
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
Looks like caring for customers took a christmas vacation and never came back as far as Purolator is concerned. Pretty much in-line with Purolator's culture and business model.
yo!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
I use a consolidator that does bulk buy with Puro/UPS/Fedex/Canpar.
Paying about 40% of rack rate. No need to wait for deals.
FWIW, I've had very few issues with Puro...seems like I'm one of the few.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2623 upvotes
Casper wrote: FWIW, I've had very few issues with Puro...seems like I'm one of the few.
Most of the people you will find here are the ones with delivery issues but compare that to the actual number of pieces that Purolator handles in a day - maybe upwards of 700,000 pieces. I think most of those pieces get delivered on time and intact. Of course, there will be issues for a wide variety of reasons but I don't think there is any good reason for Purolator not to protect the parcels that go through their systems. But businesses continue to ship through Purolator despite of other proven shipping alternatives.

About the broken furniture, it should not have been given to the customer because of the obvious conditions. Courier companies have departments that process damaged parcels that are insured for the most part by either the shipper or Purolator itself. Obviously the employee did not exercise common sense and should have just taken it back.
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote: Most of the people you will find here are the ones with delivery issues but compare that to the actual number of pieces that Purolator handles in a day - maybe upwards of 700,000 pieces. I think most of those pieces get delivered on time and intact. Of course, there will be issues for a wide variety of reasons but I don't think there is any good reason for Purolator not to protect the parcels that go through their systems. But businesses continue to ship through Purolator despite of other proven shipping alternatives.
Couldn't agree more. If you look at the numbers, EVERY courier will come out ahead in terms of "no complaint" vs "they f*cked customer joe." Therefore, it is how the courier handles the latter that differentiates them from the rest. Do pull a Purolator and say "f*ck 'em, they're just a minor statistic." Or.... do they say "hey, that's not right, that's not our brand or culture, we need to make it right." and then make the effort to do so.
ca_gascon wrote: About the broken furniture, it should not have been given to the customer because of the obvious conditions. Courier companies have departments that process damaged parcels that are insured for the most part by either the shipper or Purolator itself. Obviously the employee did not exercise common sense and should have just taken it back.
I didn't finish my story... in support of the first girl, other Purolator employees came and threatened to have me arrested if I didn't take my garbage shipment and leave, because I already signed for it and they weren't responsible anymore. I'll remind you the original girl said she was going to go get the manager, after which she came back alone and said she's going to call the police. I have to assume there was actually a manager on-site, but he/she was just to complacent to deal with the situation.

The fact is I did report this to "hq," which may be why we see vanessa on RFD pretending to help people. So, I agree, the original employee should have had better judgement. However, she was not alone in her extremely poor despicable decisions.
yo!
Sep 2, 2012
115 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Casper wrote: I use a consolidator that does bulk buy with Puro/UPS/Fedex/Canpar.
Paying about 40% of rack rate. No need to wait for deals.
FWIW, I've had very few issues with Puro...seems like I'm one of the few.
do you mind sharing your consolidator. I need to ship few parcels from west to east coast and it would be really helpful.
Telus Thunderbay 50 plan: $40+tax - Unlimited Can wide anytime, 6GB data, unlmtd text,CID, Voicemail
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Purolator is such sh*t. I really hope you get your issue resolved because that's unacceptable.

Blast them on all their social media publicly.

Although it might not too much. Because Purolator is sh*t.
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: Purolator is such sh*t. I really hope you get your issue resolved because that's unacceptable.

Blast them on all their social media publicly.

Although it might not too much. Because Purolator is sh*t.
Yeah, thanks brother. I'm sure it's no surprise that I gave up any hope of proper resolution... that is until this angel of basic human decency, vanessa, fell from purolator's caring division. Clearly a half-baked idea from some out-of-touch exec at purolator. Now my hopes are renewed.

Oddly, vanessa/purolator has already been called out numerous times in this thread for her/it's obvious superficial demeanour. "Hey, did we screw you? Please call our anonymous hotline so we can continue to not help you, but at least we can say we acknowledged something in public."

Last week I had to ship a few packages to Iceland. Even with a 50% discount purolator was a bad deal. No way I'd risk putting my customer through this garbage . Plenty of better couriers who deserve our support.
yo!
Sep 13, 2003
136 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Which consolidator do you use? I used to use shipgooder, but they don't have any deals anymore. Thanks
Dec 4, 2013
657 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hi, I would like to know who your consolidator is as well
Aug 2, 2014
318 posts
114 upvotes
FYI 40% off is only applied on base price, not total amount (or pretax)