Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto

Purolator Shipping Attempt?

So I ordered a bulky item online and it was shipped via Purolator to my apartment. In the shipping information to my vendor, I clearly placed my buzzer number. I am not sure if the vendor relayed this to Purolator but apparently Purolator could not do their first delivery attempt as a result of this on Tuesday at about 8-9AM. I then contacted Purolator online to have this corrected on Tuesday at around 11AM and I also asked the CSR if she could move the delivery day from Wednesday to Thursday as the elevators in my building were going to be out of service that day. She said that would be no problem and the delivery would be scheduled for Thursday.

Come today, I get a call in class from my buzzer which I can't respond to as I am not expecting a delivery. When I get home, there is no delivery notification or anything so I am not sure if it was Purolator. When I check the tracking number later on tonight, I see that this was a delivery attempt and now I have to go pick up my item from their office :mad: . As I spoke with the CSR online, I am sure they can check the chat log to confirm that she indeed confirm the delivery would be for Thursday.

My question is if I can request Purolator to attempt another delivery (either tomorrow or Friday). I understand that they are supposed to attempt 3 deliveries before making it available at a depot but I only have had 1 (if we don't include the incorrect address on Tuesday). There is some information on the tracking number that says that there were multiple delivery attempts on Tuesday but they were unable to do due to the address problem. This can't necessarily be true as I provided Purolator with the buzzer info early on in the day and these delivery attempts are 9-10 hours later on and what would be the logic in doing multiple delivery attempts on the same day when you have an incorrect address (but even then, they could have acquired my buzzer info from the front lobby if they actually made an attempt)?

I am not even sure how I am going to even bring the product home if I have to pick it up at the Depot as it is not something that can fit in a car and I incur liability in transporting the device home now.

I plan on giving them a call tomorrow morning but any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3907 posts
2336 upvotes
Ottawa
In my experience, Purolator is usually 1 attempt, whereas UPS is 3 attempts.

But if you call in to their 1-800 number, they're very happy to reschedule a delivery for you. :) Very friendly staff they have on the lines.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
531 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Asad_A203,

Sorry to hear about the situation. If you can send me the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com, I should be able to arrange the delivery. I’ll also look at what happened on Tuesday and Wednesday and follow up on it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Jérémie
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
When I lived in Edmonton Purolator was really bad for not attempting deliveries. I would always put the 2nd line of my address a Buzzer #123 so the driver would know where to buzz. The buzz system actually called the line you attached it to so you could see it on call display if anyone had buzzed you during the day. Canada Post was pretty legit for trying, UPS was pretty legit, but it seemed Purolator never tried. They'd just leave an automated voicemail telling me to pick it up. There would be a sticker on the apartment door either, so I don't think Purolator attempt the deliveries as at all. There were a few days when I was home and nothing.. had to go take the bus in -25 weather to go get it.... lol.

It was a moot point though. I wasn't home to accept parcels more often then I was. Everytime I picked up a purolator package I was mostly content knowing it was only a 20 min bus ride opposed to 45 minutes and 15 minute walk to get to the UPS depot :)
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1684 posts
1122 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
Purolator in my area is the absolute worse. They would do one attempt and not even bother ringing the buzzer. I live in a gated house with a long driveway. Puralator would attach the notice to the gate buzzer and drive away, without even rining the buzzer. I have witnesses this time and time again, and called their customer service but nothing changes. Now I just make sure I don't order anything if the delivery method is Purolator.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
Purolator has been pretty good in the areas I've lived in. I'm moving to a new apartment soon so we'll see how they handle that. I'm going to remain optimistic for now.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the responses guys, I phoned Purolator and they will be coming tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Well it is a great thing I got Purolator to reattempt the delivery as it looks like my TV was damaged in shipment. The top styrofoam pieces were broken and the TV stand pieces were rolling around. The screen has a bunch of scratches now so I am talking with the company now to have them send Purolator or whoever to pick the TV back up and send it back. If I ended up picking up my shipment at their depot, they would have likely tried to pin the damages on me...

What a painful experience...
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
531 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
kittypink wrote: Purolator in my area is the absolute worse. They would do one attempt and not even bother ringing the buzzer. I live in a gated house with a long driveway. Puralator would attach the notice to the gate buzzer and drive away, without even rining the buzzer. I have witnesses this time and time again, and called their customer service but nothing changes. Now I just make sure I don't order anything if the delivery method is Purolator.
Hello kittypink,
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We take these issues seriously and I would like to follow up on this for you. Could you email me the tracking number of one of the package that was not delivered?
Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp