Shopping Discussion

Purolator, the worst courier company!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:07 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
1758 posts
695 upvotes

Purolator, the worst courier company!!!!!

One package from Dell canada, Purolator tried first attempt then put my package ready for pickup.
I want to phone them to ask second attempt, but it's 1888-74497123 never get connected. When the phone is connected, the system always say busy then silent after this message, even not background music. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Most courier will try three delievery attempt, how comes Purolator only offer one attempt then put you to pick up.
It's warehouse is 20KM from my address.
346 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2674 posts
239 upvotes
Their 1-800 or whatever free CS number never works. I suggest you call your local Purolator and ask them to redeliver.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
1758 posts
695 upvotes
I guess I should call dell and cancle this order.
Banned
Jan 7, 2011
3170 posts
262 upvotes
Here
Can't you call the outlet where your parcel is at right now directly?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23409 posts
1106 upvotes
Markham, ON
raccoon wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2011 2:44 pm
One package from Dell canada, Purolator tried first attempt then put my package ready for pickup.
I want to phone them to ask second attempt, but it's 1888-74497123 never get connected. When the phone is connected, the system always say busy then silent after this message, even not background music. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Most courier will try three delievery attempt, how comes Purolator only offer one attempt then put you to pick up.
It's warehouse is 20KM from my address.

have you thought that because of the postal strike...they are working at over capacity?
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
203 upvotes
They always do 1 attempt & then leave a card for pick up. You are probably thinking UPS or Fedex as ones who come multiple times.

My problem with Purolator is they would leave me a card telling me to pick up my item from the location that is 30km away, instead of the one 5 minute walk away, lol.
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
Aug 30, 2008
836 posts
90 upvotes
ON
I feel your pain. The nearest warehouse is pretty far from my house as well. I've had 2 packages canceled from Dell due to this.

I'm pretty sure they don't even ring or wait. Pfft, but anyway, they left the notice on my door... which got blown onto the lawn somehow. (Never had that happen before in years.)

The warehouse called and said my package would be returned on a future date.

I go there, and it turns out they sent it back to Dell a day EARLY. :evil: Dunno what's the point of leaving me a msg just to waste my gas...

This was before the postal strike, so yes, they do suck on a regular basis.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
203 upvotes
stardustcross wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2011 4:19 pm
I feel your pain. The nearest warehouse is pretty far from my house as well. I've had 2 packages canceled from Dell due to this.

I'm pretty sure they don't even ring or wait. Pfft, but anyway, they left the notice on my door... which got blown onto the lawn somehow. (Never had that happen before in years.)

The warehouse called and said my package would be returned on a future date.

I go there, and it turns out they sent it back to Dell a day EARLY. :evil: Dunno what's the point of leaving me a msg just to waste my gas...

This was before the postal strike, so yes, they do suck on a regular basis.
You don't have to send it to the warehouse, somewhere close by should have a Purolator desk or something, similar to the Canada Post outlets in Shoppers. It's just that the drivers usually only bring the warehouse cards with them. I just call the 1-800 number & tell Purolator to send the item there, they usually drop it off first thing the next morning.
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1905 posts
417 upvotes
raccoon wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2011 2:49 pm
I guess I should call dell and cancle this order.

*facepalm* You can't cancel the order once it is shipped... either way, you're going to need to get the product in your hands if you want a refund.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2419 posts
425 upvotes
Ottawa
Just to let you know... your phone number you listed has 1 digit too many :P

Anyways, I've had Purolator redeliver a package for me again on 2 different occassions.

Probably the CP strike will make Purolator work more slowly, but just call their number and they'll agree (I think it's their general #, and not your local outlet #)

Just to mention, the first time around that I got them to do a second attempt, I had Dell talk with Purolator first.

Oh, and one last thing, the people that pick up at Purolator sound really sleepy/tired/bored lols.
Oct 24, 2007
526 posts
239 upvotes
They're not slowing down because of the strike. I live in Halifax and my Dell packaged shipped on Tuesday night from Ontario, I received it the next day.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1051 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Purolator is owned by CanadaPost, so nuff said :P

i had an ordered shipped on tuesday and received it next day, so i can't say i've had a recent problem with them. luckily i live in a condo so they really have no excuse for no one being there to sign for a package, unless the guard is off on patrol :)
Apr 4, 2006
394 posts
13 upvotes
I would take Purolator any days over "Someday".ca...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
5786 posts
2047 upvotes
Calgary
The following information does not help your current situation but maybe be useful for some Purolator users.

Do you know you can go to Purolator's office to sign a form that allows them to leave your packages at your door? Once you sign the form, they will give you a sticker to put on your mailbox (if you have one right outside your door) or window.

I used to have the same problem with Purolator. They seemed to know exactly when I was out of the house and they always showed up within that short period of time. :( I got fed up with them so went to their office for a better solution. The guy behind the counter said if I was willing to let them drop off the package they would do just that. So I signed the form, got myself a sticker, and had it up on my window. Never have the same problem again.

But of course, this is not a solution for everyone. My front entrance is pretty well shielded from the street so I don't have to worry about packages being stolen etc.
Dec 9, 2004
457 posts
26 upvotes
Have problem with Purolator for the dell day purchase too, does anyone know that:
1) If I don't go pick it up, will it return to dell automatically and get full refund? Or I need to call dell to do something.
2) What number can be used to reach them? The so talked about 800 number in this thread?

Thanks.