Shopping Discussion

Purolator, the worst courier company!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:07 am
Tags:
None
Dec 13, 2012
21 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Purolator is TERRIBLE! Ordered a smart phone for my son to play Pokemon Go and it supposed to be delivered by Purolator on July 22 (last Friday). According to their tracking system, it has been in Vancouver since last Friday but today is July 29th and it is still in 'Delay in transit' status! I called Purolator a few days ago but it was useless and the time I spent was purely a waste. This is unbelievable! All other shipping companies are experiencing the same unexpected high volume issue due to the all known reason but UPS/FEDEX, etc. I used in the past two weeks are all fine. Purolator is TERRIBLE!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5172 posts
1222 upvotes
Montreal
Well it looks like Purolator couldn't find my address. It was out for delivery, came back to their sorting facility. Tracking says they will contact me to schedule appointment (no one contacted me). Now it has transited to another sorting facility farther from my address... What the hell is wrong with them. Canada Post and UPS delivers to my address fine, is Purolator that incompetent?

How do I speak with a rep, called, but machine only asked me for my tracking number, and tells me the same thing I see on their website. Had no option to speak with someone about the shipment...
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4197 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
I'm wondering, did anyone ever get anything from Newegg as far as a discount or compensation, if your packaged was sent via purolator and significantly delayed?
May 24, 2016
15 posts
5 upvotes
My main issue with Purolator is that the 20+ min wait on the phone with customer support. CSR's are a hit or miss usually.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7540 posts
366 upvotes
Canada
lotusplant wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 10:05 am
My main issue with Purolator is that the 20+ min wait on the phone with customer support. CSR's are a hit or miss usually.
20 minutes is good! My past 2 encounters required a wait of 50 and 75 minutes
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5914 posts
516 upvotes
SW Ontario
shannn wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 10:13 am
20 minutes is good! My past 2 encounters required a wait of 50 and 75 minutes
Just send them an email. Unless it's changed, they reply later that day or next day at the latest. They can resend the package for delivery.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10773 posts
1297 upvotes
Edmonton

Looks like the company i work for is considering breaking our shipping contract with puro, we have switched to using ups for all inbound and outbound domestic shipping as of today.

It's a seven figure Canada wide contract, I would expect many other businesses are doing the same...
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1730 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Does Purolator work/ship on Weekends? I have a package that has been sitting at a sort facility since Friday with no change ins tatus Monday morning.

Was shipped 2 - day express or whatever its called... How can they guarantee 2 day shipping if they do not even work on weeekends? This package could have easily been here by now, yet it has now lost literally 2 full days of possible transit/sort time.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
189 upvotes
Stouffville
Thanks Purolator. 2nd time you have misdelivered my Amazon delivery to the wrong address. First time it was the right number, wrong street. This time it was the right street wrong number. Went to the house to try & retrieve it and the people who live there refuse to answer the door. Left a note asking when I could come & get it, but they don't respond.

Keep up the good work!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3960 posts
1728 upvotes
TagYoureIt wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 8:36 pm
Thanks Purolator. 2nd time you have misdelivered my Amazon delivery to the wrong address. First time it was the right number, wrong street. This time it was the right street wrong number. Went to the house to try & retrieve it and the people who live there refuse to answer the door. Left a note asking when I could come & get it, but they don't respond.

Keep up the good work!
Don't waste your time. Tell Amazon to resend it. Also try adding a second line to your address like "Are you sure you're at the correct address?" I just added some kind of note myself because Canada Post thinks the address is invalid.
Mar 10, 2012
867 posts
309 upvotes
I order maybe 2-3x a week from Amazon. UPS delivers fine, Canada Post delivers even better. They are shipping ONE package from Purolator that I paid extra for and was supposed to arrive today and : Delayed in transit due to missed connection.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday.

Purolator is literally the worst.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3121 posts
501 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm sooo pissed off with Purolator. Their driver will not ring the doorbell when leaving a delivery that does not require a signature.

Fedex rings the doorbell. Canada Post rings and always requires a signature. UPS rings the doorbell and often requires a signature (now - I have had issues in the past with them not doing so).

Today, for at least the 3rd time this calendar year, their driver dropped off and left. The doorbell, with a clear "Ring Doorbell" sign 2 feet above the box, was untouched. An Amazon box with $300 of goods in it that is the size of a regular sized Coleman cooler was left sitting at the door. I was in my basement office which has a remote ringer in it and my wife was watching from a 2nd floor window.

I complained after the last shipment and had an acknowledgement.

I think B&H is going to get more of my business in the future and where possible with Amazon, I may gladly pay for a different freight service just so that Purolator does not get the business.

I refuse to believe that Purolator drivers are stupid so I have to assume Purolator has a policy where they advise their drivers not to knock or ring the doorbell. Or could it be, Purolator drivers have this thing going where a "friend" drives by 20 minutes later and scoops the box. Naw!!! that would never happen. Angry Face Angry Face

Jun 21, 2016
247 posts
52 upvotes
My current parcel from Amazon was shipped from Ontario, no issue normally however they used Purolator. And granted Purolator delivered the parcel, but they delivered it somewhere in a city 50km away from where it should have been delivered.

At least that is what the tracking says. No note left, says delivered so it appears they did deliver to some random place 50km. Will wait until 8p just to make sure before complaining to Amazon.