Shopping Discussion

Purolator, the worst courier company!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:07 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2826 posts
1258 upvotes
Lol I hope your not on personal time working for Purolator. ...had another complaint and Purolator says I would have to call and won't do it via email
Dec 2, 2014
398 posts
122 upvotes
London, ON
We had one Purolator delivery guy that would always slap the sticker on the door without checking to see if we were there. My Mom ordered something once she urgently needed and asked me to stay home to wait for it. I luckily saw the guy pass by our living room window, where our entry is, and put the sticker on the door without knocking. I literally had to chase him to down to the street to get her package and he still said he tried knocking (even though I was inches away from it.

Just terrible.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2826 posts
1258 upvotes
PurolatorHelp wrote:
Sep 25th, 2012 1:38 pm
Hello starscream37,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience stemming from the situation you described. Could you provide me with a few tracking numbers of package that were not delivered to your address?
Vincent
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc. E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com www.Purolator.com Follow us on Twitter / Suivez-nous sur Twitter: http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

I'll save the typing for Purolator helps
Oct 20, 2010
6 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
2 shipments im waiting on Purolator for. 1 of them is a gift my girlfriend bought for me. Drivers tried delivering twice but have not even left a tag for pick up. I myself a little something as well and very anxious to get it, and I get the Delayed in transit due to missed connection, which is BS. you shipped it from Guelph to Toronto, then back across the 401 to London just for it to miss a truck?! since ive moved to London, I have not had a single clear case where my package or delivery arrived on time. what a crock.
Nov 12, 2012
136 posts
16 upvotes
Port Moody
OMG...Purolator is the WORST!!! They always have delays and the drivers in my area never attempt delivery...they just bring it to the local depot and call for me to pick up citing an attempted delivery.

I avoid buying from any merchants who use them. Unfortunately, one merchant I ordered with (David's Tea) switched from Canada post to Purolator, so I am expecting a package that has now taken over 19 days to get here and was out for delivery today and now the tracking status is a "missed connection" and they're attempting delivery tomorrow. SURE they are.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh....I HATE THEM SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
Aug 4, 2013
29 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
witenite wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 1:12 am
are their any positive stories from purolator? lol
In anonymous forums? You'll only see the bitching and complaining 99.9% of the time.
May 31, 2007
183 posts
52 upvotes
I order a lot of Amazon, in the past month, I've gotten 17 packages. I generally do express on everything . So far, ups, Canada Post and FedEx have all been great.... Puralator on the other hand... I've had 4 packages delivered buy them and all have taken 4-5 working days for 1 day shipping..... Every single package has "missed connection flight" as a reason for it being late.... It's crazy, they have never been on time as far as I can remember (usually don't get many puralator packages) and as much as I hate ups, they are always on time.
They suck!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3524 posts
289 upvotes
St. John's
When my items are shipped with Purolator, they're almost always late because of a missed connection or weather. Without fail.
Let's hug it out
Flickr
Dec 2, 2014
398 posts
122 upvotes
London, ON
Sorry to revive an old thread but I thought this was great. After a missed delivery I called Purolator and politely asked if they could please leave the package on my front step or in-between my door/screen door. The rep told me it wasn't a problem and what I needed to do was attach a letter to my door with instructions and dated with my signature.

I got home last night after work and the driver had stuck a new delivery notice on top of the letter. It struck me as oddly passive aggressive behaviour lol.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10800 posts
3515 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
StarScream1337 wrote:
May 31st, 2017 10:36 am
The rep told me it wasn't a problem and what I needed to do was attach a letter to my door with instructions and dated with my signature.
I've been doing that for years without a problem with Canada Post, Purolator, FedEx and even UPS. What I do is print off the delivery tracking page that provides tracking number and shows delivery is scheduled today. I write something like, "Please leave package at the door" then sign/date it and stick it on the door bell. Most of the time the driver doesn't even keep the paper. I find that odd since it's for his protection in case the package goes AWOL.
I got home last night after work and the driver had stuck a new delivery notice on top of the letter. It struck me as oddly passive aggressive behaviour lol.
Respond to passive aggressive behaviour with more of same. I would call Purolator back. Explain politely what happened, i.e. that you followed their advice. Ask them for help in resolving the situation, i.e. that the driver return with your package--and this time follow your instructions.
veni, vidi, Visa
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
385 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
StarScream1337 wrote:
May 31st, 2017 10:36 am
Sorry to revive an old thread but I thought this was great. After a missed delivery I called Purolator and politely asked if they could please leave the package on my front step or in-between my door/screen door. The rep told me it wasn't a problem and what I needed to do was attach a letter to my door with instructions and dated with my signature.

Hello StarScream1337,

We apologize for this. Can you please email me your tracking number? I'll verify why the driver didn't leave it.

Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Dec 2, 2014
398 posts
122 upvotes
London, ON
PurolatorHelp wrote:
May 31st, 2017 3:16 pm
Hello StarScream1337,

We apologize for this. Can you please email me your tracking number? I'll verify why the driver didn't leave it.

Regards,
Vincent
I would never willingly do business with Purolator, and I avoid shopping from online retailers that ship with them, so I don't see what the point is. I actually got in touch with Best Buy instead and let them know what happened instead (and that it's going to cost them future business).
May 8, 2006
592 posts
7 upvotes
I do a lot of business with a Purolator so after reading all comments I have few thoughts I will like to share.
1. Purolator needs signature for delivery unless is marked by shipper OSNR on package or you have agreement with Purolator and have SNR (signature not required). There are exceptions like Dell, HP and high value items where signature is always required.
If you leave note stating "Purolator leave package at my door, thanks" it will not be left at the door, your "release form" have to have this items:
Your full name, full address, telephone number, trucking number of the package ( this is important as your authorization have to be for specific package/item), signature and date. All this info is at the back of your Purolator delivery notice.
2. Drivers are very busy, so when they attempt delivery they will come to your door ring the bell (make sure your bell is working) or knock or both. It takes them about 30s to fill the notice, so if they do not have any signs that someone is home they will be gone. There is a way to avoid missing the delivery if you are slow to answer the door. Put not at the door that you are home and I waiting for parcel and other relevant info you think is useful. This gives driver extra incentive to be more patient.
3. Tracking updates: Weather delay doesn't mean that is at your town weather issue but that delay is caused by weather issue all the way from place of pick up of your parcel.
missed connection - same thing, but mostly that airplane was late or they were not able to load the truck before it had to leave for delivery. This is often an issue on high volume times lake black Friday sell days or Christmas.
4. Help them to deliver to you. Make sure all relevant info for driver is there on shipping label. Many people living in condos or apartment buildings do put entry code (buzzer code) or even apartment number. Many places have very strange entry system listed by first name only, last name only, by entry code without info on the apartment number, and many more variations. Many people rent and there name is not listed at all. Purolator have no access to apartment buildings only you can let them in. They do not leave packages in apartments as a rule (high chance of theft).
5. try to understand process they have and not assume thinks. example po boxes, they do not deliver to po boxes, they need actual addresses, a lot of rural towns have this problem, they assume that every one know where they are in small towns
6. make sure your house/ places have houses number it is not funny how many houses (especially new ones) have no steeet number, but expect to have receive delivery. If you are not on the map (latest printed map, google maps or gps device) make sure you provide info on package where you are.

My experience with Purolator is good, but I am very careful with customer info, and you would be surprised how many times customer provides wrong info and all issues coming from it. If you are not home all day and you know that they deliver most of the time between 8 AM to 5 PM why would you ship it there, use evening delivery option which is for 5 PM or later), your work address or use hold for pick up at most closest place Purolator have to your location and use that place address with your information.

I hope it helps what I wrote, friends remember put effort in whatever you do and you will find life much more less frustrating.
:arrow: Edmonton :arrowl:
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10800 posts
3515 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Bumba wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 12:34 pm
If you leave note stating "Purolator leave package at my door, thanks" it will not be left at the door, your "release form" have to have this items:
Your full name, full address, telephone number, trucking number of the package ( this is important as your authorization have to be for specific package/item), signature and date. All this info is at the back of your Purolator delivery notice.
The simplest thing to do is to print out the courier's tracking page that shows your package is out for delivery. That page also shows the recipient's name and address, tracking number, etc. It's an official document atht provides proof that you're the authorized recipient.

Then write "Please leave package at my door" (*) on the page, sign/date it and stick it to your door bell, door knob, or other prominent location.

I've been doing that for years with all major couriers including Puro, CPC, FedEx, UPS, etc. Never once have they failed to leave the package at my door as requested.

(*) Or whatever. I've also requested that they leave the package with my neighbour and they've complied.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 31, 2007
646 posts
341 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They are really the worse. I actually avoid shopping from store using Purolator, e.g. Dell.ca

They don't even attempt deliver, just call me to go pick up at the depot.
So their shipping is only good to their depot, not to my home.
it happen 90% of the time, I WORK FROM HOME, so I am home Monday to Friday , and yet they always say, No one home.