Shopping Discussion

Purolator, the worst courier company!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:07 am
Tags:
None
Aug 4, 2013
29 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
cheapshopper wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 1:06 pm
They are really the worse. I actually avoid shopping from store using Purolator, e.g. Dell.ca

They don't even attempt deliver, just call me to go pick up at the depot.
So their shipping is only good to their depot, not to my home.
it happen 90% of the time, I WORK FROM HOME, so I am home Monday to Friday , and yet they always say, No one home.
Just ask for a re-delivery. Pretty simple eh?
May 17, 2013
137 posts
56 upvotes
Edmonton
I had no idea how bad a courier they were.
We ordered a new PC case for someones birthday. The delivery date came and went with this notice:
-"On vehicle for delivery"....then "Delayed in transit due to missed connection"

No problem I thought since the birthday was the next day and I could work it out so I waited until the next day....and waited
-"On vehicle for delivery"....then later in the day "Delivery rescheduled for the next business day"
I was POed now. Went through their website and was told the "driver" didn't have the time to deliver it....next I spoke in online chat and was told the warehouse never loaded it (I asked why, but was not given an answer).
I search for e-mail contacts online and sent them messages....then in the middle of guests and birthday celebrations my phone rings. it's supposedly someone "higher up". I was told how these mistakes were unacceptable and I would guaranteed receive my package on Friday the 8th.....so I stay home at a cost me to wait.

again I read "On vehicle for delivery" so I wait watching the window making sure they don't try to slip by and hand something on my door......4:30 comes and the website now reads "Delivery rescheduled for the next business day" which is Monday. This is how you run a business on tax payer dollars.
There is ZERO responsibility at Purolator and obviously there is no management. What a joke. I recommend people do their best to avoid this bloated mess of a courier company. I also think they destroyed the case and that is why they refuse to bring it to the door.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2131 upvotes
GTA
Robotron2084 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:30 pm
This is how you run a business on tax payer dollars.
Please explain this.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5958 posts
127 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 1:06 pm
They are really the worse. I actually avoid shopping from store using Purolator, e.g. Dell.ca

They don't even attempt deliver, just call me to go pick up at the depot.
So their shipping is only good to their depot, not to my home.
it happen 90% of the time, I WORK FROM HOME, so I am home Monday to Friday , and yet they always say, No one home.
had the same problem as you.. i sometimes work from home... i sit 2 metres away from my front door.. to my surprise, they often leave me the 'we missed you' note even though they did not even bother ringing.
I actually caught them one time with a note in their hand ready to stick it on and the second time, when they were walking back to their truck already... i didnt want to start a scene and call him out, but i rung my doorbell in front of him just to make sure my bell does work...it was awkward for him
mmorfesis wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 11:11 am
Just ask for a re-delivery. Pretty simple eh?
or.. drivers, simply try delivering for once and ring the doorbell... pretty simple eh?
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2750 posts
206 upvotes
Nations Capital
***RANT ON***

So I just had a NE packaged delivered by Purolator.

I watched my doors every few minutes and nothing, I check tracking later and it said left by door.

I checked all my doors and nothing. I freak out and contacted Purolator support.. they said check doors (which I did) and Mailboxes... I have no mailboxes but at front of the driveway there is a Newspaper box and sure enough they stuffed it in there as hard as they could. It was sticking half way out.

It was Just asking for anyone walking their dog around here to think 'hey what an easy way to steal a package!'

Glad I got it... But come on Purolator, I know your busy this time of year, but sticking it out in front of someones driveway is just asking for it to be stolen!

***RANT OFF***
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8065 posts
2876 upvotes
Toronto
Ok, so did you take a picture of this and complained to Purolator?
Calmuser wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 2:44 pm
***RANT ON***

So I just had a NE packaged delivered by Purolator.

I watched my doors every few minutes and nothing, I check tracking later and it said left by door.

I checked all my doors and nothing. I freak out and contacted Purolator support.. they said check doors (which I did) and Mailboxes... I have no mailboxes but at front of the driveway there is a Newspaper box and sure enough they stuffed it in there as hard as they could. It was sticking half way out.

It was Just asking for anyone walking their dog around here to think 'hey what an easy way to steal a package!'

Glad I got it... But come on Purolator, I know your busy this time of year, but sticking it out in front of someones driveway is just asking for it to be stolen!

***RANT OFF***

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2750 posts
206 upvotes
Nations Capital
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 2:46 pm
Ok, so did you take a picture of this and complained to Purolator?
I didn't think to take a picture, but I did complain to Live chat when I was asking where my package was. I told them what a stupid idea it was to leave a package at the front of someones driveway.

They said 'sorry for the inconvenience' I doubt they will do anything.
-----------
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8065 posts
2876 upvotes
Toronto
Could've submit your story to CityNews.
Calmuser wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 2:48 pm
I didn't think to take a picture, but I did complain to Live chat when I was asking where my package was. I told them what a stupid idea it was to leave a package at the front of someones driveway.

They said 'sorry for the inconvenience' I doubt they will do anything.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
385 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Calmuser,

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I've pulled up the chat in question to find the shipment details and I've asked the local management team to follow up with the driver. The package should've been left in a secure area and this clearly wasn't done.

If anything like this happens again, please email me at customer.care@purolator.com so that I can follow up.

Thanks,

Jeremie
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2750 posts
206 upvotes
Nations Capital
PurolatorHelp wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 8:41 am
Hey Calmuser,

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I've pulled up the chat in question to find the shipment details and I've asked the local management team to follow up with the driver. The package should've been left in a secure area and this clearly wasn't done.

If anything like this happens again, please email me at customer.care@purolator.com so that I can follow up.

Thanks,

Jeremie
Thanks, I can give you a PM with the tracking # to be sure you got the right chat.

I should of taken a pic, but i'm still shocked that the driver would think leaving a package there was a good idea.

It's like he/she wanted it to be stolen!
-----------
Nov 16, 2006
640 posts
104 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
Would rather have Purolator delivery than Canada Post. In the last 2 weeks I've had Canada Post deliver expensive stereo power amplifiers on 2 occasions and both times they were just left on the porch of the townhouse complex. Luckily I was home and was monitoring tracking every 15 minutes or so. In that same period we've seen 2 packages ripped open in the park that vandals have taken from porches and stolen their contents.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2131 upvotes
GTA
noway wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:12 am
Would rather have Purolator delivery than Canada Post. In the last 2 weeks I've had Canada Post deliver expensive stereo power amplifiers on 2 occasions and both times they were just left on the porch of the townhouse complex. Luckily I was home and was monitoring tracking every 15 minutes or so. In that same period we've seen 2 packages ripped open in the park that vandals have taken from porches and stolen their contents.
My depot is not allowed do that. Suspension if caught. Too many things going walkies.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 22, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
USA, Colorado
Can't you call the outlet where your parcel is at right now directly?
The future is bulletproof, the aftermarth is secondary (c)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6112 posts
929 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow, I'm a witness to Purolator crappy serivce. They left a computer outside my neighbours door. And we live in a condo, right next to the elevator!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)