• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 11:10 am
Tags:
Mar 5, 2008
343 posts
32 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 8:27 pm
Thanks for all the support guys. I cried like a baby, but I stayed with him til the end. On the last day, he wouldn't even get up. He was at peace, like at1212b said, it's like he knew. When they inserted the IV, he didn't even fight. Told him it was okay to go, and thanked him for being my best friend. At least I know he's not suffering any more.
I am so sorry for your loss but he's in a much better place right now

My wife and I put down our Sheltie Milo almost a year ago (he was 13 and had similar bowl problems and eating issues) and we wondered if we should with him to the end and we ended up staying, we all cried but at that point we didn't care anymore, and I am so glad we were with him until he left us.
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
115 posts
12 upvotes
i don't think op should have put the dog down or killed it. imo you could have done lots more to try and fight for his life. putting a dog down is the absolute last possible option if the dog is like howling out in pain 24/7

from what u describe the dog was poohing everywhere and wouldnt eat. did you even try to feed him with a syringe? did you try to buy animal diapers?

imo this was more about convenience for you.. he was crapping all over ur house and u decided to put him down as it would be more convenient then to work all the problems
Last edited by anvil01 on Oct 23rd, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3004 posts
413 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
anvil01 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:46 am
i don't think op should have put the dog down or killed it. imo you could have done lots more to try and fight for his life. putting a dog down is the absolute last possible option if the dog is like howling out in pain 24/7
[Signature removed due to rule violation]