None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto

pwd reset problem

I have been unable to log in to my account for a while now already from any browser or computer, and I assume I am logged in now only still from the active session that is still saved in my browsers cache. When I click on User Options in settings it asks for my login details, and when I try to reset my password for my username, or using my e-mail, it will show: "Sorry we do not have a record for that account.". Also the time is off by a bit for the post time, and I'm not sure I should Logout. I think this started when RFD changed over to the new site. Could someone look into this for me?
9 replies
Dec 9, 2007
955 posts
31 upvotes
Me2. Only can login through f.redflagdeals.com which I think is mobil version. Standard version gives me a login error and forget option says they have no my record. Can anybody help?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4069 posts
337 upvotes
Markham, ON
The main portal doesn't show that i'm logged in, but when I'm in the forum, i'm logged in.
When I try to log in from the portal I get "There was an error logging you in."

It's not a big deal for me. I don't use the portal anyways.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Yes, we are aware there was a log in issue. We have resolved the issue and everything should be back to normal. If you are still having issues, please let us know.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
oranr wrote:
Dec 9th, 2011 1:47 pm
Yes, we are aware there was a log in issue. We have resolved the issue and everything should be back to normal. If you are still having issues, please let us know.

I am still having the same issue so it wasn't resolved for me, and I tried PM'ing you but haven't given a response. Moderator nsx has suggested I bump this thread as a reminder. :arrow:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Things now have gotten very serious... I am lucky to be in a session still on my laptop, because I am now unable to log into RFD ("Sorry, there was an error logging you in."). I was suggested by tylerversion2 due to the database conflict to unlink my conflicting yellow pages account, but I did not see that option anywhere... instead I deactivated that YP account and now there is no way to log in. I have lost my active session on my desktop and would really like to be able to log in again and get my account back. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Sent you a PM to zatnaf account.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4561 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
I cant change my P/W today. Two things are strange:

When I went to "forgot password" RFD would not recognize my user name but it would recognize my email address

Then when I got the temporary password in email from RFD and try and change it to a new permanent password it tells me that the current (ie temp p/w I just got) is incorrect, yet obviously it is leting me log in with that password??

I have done this twice, and am using cut and paste to ensure no typos on the password....

Help please!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4561 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, fixed by Oranr