None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3166 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto

Q about monitoring usage - Teksavvy, cable internet & DCM476

Hi, Just wondering if there's a way to monitor usage for downloads and uploads on Teksavvy's cable internet with a DCM476 modem? I know Teksavvy measures usage on its DSL internet but not with cable. I have no idea how much I use and wondering how I can check - is there a way to do so using the modem?

Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1442 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
You can do that via router that supports 3rd party firmware like Tomato or DD-WRT. Almost any Linksys-Cisco router, and some others.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6166 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Teskavvy doesn't enforce the cap right now so don't worry about it. With the switch to ATPIA they'll be tool coming soon but right now nothing.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4393 posts
859 upvotes
London
^ true on the Rogers side of things. Videotron customers have a tool, and I don't remember for Cogeco. Keep in mind on aggregated areas you have unlimited upload and unlimited everything 2AM to 8AM anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3166 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks - I know there's not really a cap right now but just curious how much I'd need if there were to be a cap. Our area hasn't yet switched over to the newer system. I have an Airport Extreme router, and I have no idea if I can see how much I download using it. I've checked Airport Utility and can't seem to find it. I was hopeful there's be an easy way to check but maybe not. The only tomatoes I know how to use are the ones I find in my grocery store ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4393 posts
859 upvotes
London
wirebound wrote:
Jun 16th, 2013 6:34 pm
Thanks - I know there's not really a cap right now but just curious how much I'd need if there were to be a cap. Our area hasn't yet switched over to the newer system. I have an Airport Extreme router, and I have no idea if I can see how much I download using it. I've checked Airport Utility and can't seem to find it. I was hopeful there's be an easy way to check but maybe not. The only tomatoes I know how to use are the ones I find in my grocery store ;)
There are also some software you can install on your computer to track it, although that works better with fewer computers. Can't think of the software names off the top of my head though, haven't used them in a long time.
× < >