Q for anyone with Aliexpress dispute process experience

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2016 12:06 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
849 upvotes

Q for anyone with Aliexpress dispute process experience

I ordered a case for my new phone and after almost 2 months of waiting for it it finally showed up.
Unfortunately for me they sent the a case for the wrong phone so I opened a dispute claim with the seller.

The seller has replied back with this:
"Dear customer, I'm sorry, we've sent the wrong goods, we apologize to you, please forgive us, but we will not let you lose, we'll give you a free replacement goods, replacement will give you shipping list, please cancel the dispute first, We will extend the protection for 25 days,thank you very much, looking forward to your reply, thank you."

And then proceeded to extend the purchase protection to the 30th december.
My concern here is that the seller is asking to cancel the dispute. Will that void any recourse afterwards or is this normal procedure?
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Yup, there is definitely a possibility of that unfortunately.

They can always say that they shipped it and don't actually ship it, or they can ship it, but won't get you for a while.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
as long as Seller extends protection, you are fine
do watch out for the protection time expiry, if almost ending and you still haven't got it
request seller to extend it again.
(don't wait until last day to request extension, ask like 5 days before)

I had a seller that extended a few times, and I still haven't got the replacement shipment
so in the end he just refunded me.
Don't accept request from seller to refund to your Paypal. (just say you don't have Paypal)
refund should always be done from Aliexpress, so that Aliex and you have a record of it.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
I never had a problem with them even with disputed stuff. they REALLY care about that feedback or 5 stars.

and what above poster said.

CIBC has flagged Aliexpress as fraudulent because people get impatient with their delivery....and complain they never get it...then the item(s) comes.

I've been using this site for the past 3 years and i've spent more money on aliexpress than i thought i did lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
I've been using the site for a couple of years. I have found that if I close the dispute Aliexpress themselves don't care anymore as they release the payment to the seller at that point (or at least that is how I think it works).

Once i ordered an Iphone 4 screen replacement. Got the item, installed it and tested for a couple of days. Everything seemed fine so i cancelled the confirmed that goods were received. Two days after that the screen just died (it was supposed to have a 6 month warranty). I opened up a dispute and Aliexpress tried to contact the seller. Absolutely no response from the seller. in the end the seller got paid, I got stuck with a faulty screen and Aliexpress didn't care.

I would keep the dispute open until you are satisfied with the purchase or proceedings. That way I think the seller does not get paid and Aliexpress might be able to help. This is what the dispute process is there for anyway (to protect you not the seller.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Yup, rule of thumb is keep the timer as long as possible before you confirm reciept of goods. Once you confirm, that's it between you and the seller