Entertainment

Locked: Q: How to burn a *working* copy of a PSX game?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2004 10:35 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes

Q: How to burn a *working* copy of a PSX game?

ok, i have an original PSX game, its Resident Evil: Survivor and i wanted to burn a copy for backup.... btw, i have a modded PSX...

i burned a copy and there were no problems, but when i play it on my PS, it loads the sony logo, then the sony playstation logo (as usual for all PSX games) then it stops working.... (note: i'm sure the failure to work is not b/c of the quality of my cdrs since i'm using TY media.... the screen that i get says: "software terminated, console may have been modified, call 1-888-780-7690" and also there is a BIG red circle with a slash through it (u know, its those "no" signs)....

can n e one give me suggestions on how to burn a working copy of this game??? i personally have not made backups of any of my original PSX games b4 so suggestions/advice, please!....

thx in advance....

MJM ;)
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
You need to find a patch to get around this. Some games have the mod-chip detection thing. I used to know a few sites that have the patches but I haven't burned PSX games in ages and I lsot them (the sites) all. Just google around for PSX mod chip patches, or something like that.

Basically what you need to do is make an image of it, and then apply the patch before burning the image onto CD
Apr 21, 2003
655 posts
52 upvotes
you should have installed a stealth modchip. No patches needed.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
NDman wrote:You need to find a patch to get around this. Some games have the mod-chip detection thing. I used to know a few sites that have the patches but I haven't burned PSX games in ages and I lsot them (the sites) all. Just google around for PSX mod chip patches, or something like that.

Basically what you need to do is make an image of it, and then apply the patch before burning the image onto CD
---------------

ok.... patch... i've heard of that b4... but some of my friends told me that for the new psx games (now old), u don't need a patch .... dunno if that's true but that's what they told me and since then i havent' even tried that ....

quick q? : is this "patch" thingy the same thing u need when burning backup copies of ur PS2/XBOX games?

oh yeah... just 4 quick verification ... so u make an image of it, then what u mean by "apply" is burn the image with the patch on to the cd, right?

MJM
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
numb555 wrote:you should have installed a stealth modchip. No patches needed.
---------------

stealth modchip... havent even heard of it b4.... i guess the modchip i have 4 my PSX is just the regular one... damn...

can u tell me where u can get one???

MJM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)