2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

ON/QC/NB - JEAN COUTU - 5 / 15 BAMs when you redeem 95 / 190 Cash Miles towards your purchases (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 3:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 20, 2016
223 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa

ON/QC/NB - JEAN COUTU - 5 / 15 BAMs when you redeem 95 / 190 Cash Miles towards your purchases (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

5 Bonus Miles when you use 95 Cash Miles for $10 towards your purchases
Or
15 Bonus Miles when you use 190 Cash Miles for $20 towards your purchases*

Coupon Status - COUPON REQUIRED or OFFER CODE
Coupon Bar Code = 4 99980 30536 4
Offer Code = 499980305364

FINE PRINT

*Offer valid November 14 to December 27, 2019. Promotion and payment with AIR MILES® Cash are not valid on purchases made online. Valid at all Jean Coutu stores. Qualifying redemption must be made in a single transaction. Use your AIR MILES® Cash Miles in increments of 95 Miles for every $10 purchase at Jean Coutu stores for a maximum of $750 per day. The Cash Miles cannot be used toward the purchase of the Jean Coutu gift cards or Vanilla prepaid cards. Standard AIR MILES® Cash limits and Terms and Conditions apply. All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES® Reward Program. Coupon must be presented at the time of eligible purchase. AIR MILES® Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with any other offer. The Bonus Miles for these offers will not appear directly on your cash receipt and will be deposited to your Collector Account within 4 weeks of the promotion. One Bonus Mile offer per Collector Number. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.

To the retailer: If a customer comes to your checkout counter with a coupon appearing on their smartphone: scan the coupon or enter CODE manually.

THREAD CREATED FROM STB WEBSITE

OP EDITED by @PointsHubby to include Coupon / Coupon Code info - November 27th
30 replies
[OP]
Apr 20, 2016
223 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
placeholder for tips/tricks
[OP]
Apr 20, 2016
223 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
I went to Jean Coutu today, the coupon scanned from my phone and appears on the receipt.

But the receipt only shows 1 Bonus Mile so I'll have to wait to see if the missing 4 post later.

Mar 2, 2018
173 posts
183 upvotes
Ottawa
Jean Coutu is always this way. Last year I worried that the offer didn't work correctly but it did. It usually takes about a week for Jean Coutu to post.
May 28, 2016
58 posts
17 upvotes
Does over the counter medication (Tylenol) qualify? Cashier told me not.
Jul 27, 2016
672 posts
614 upvotes
Kanata
whywhyrfd wrote: Does over the counter medication (Tylenol) qualify? Cashier told me not.
I bought Children's Tylenol and a chocolate bar, redeemed my 95 AM no problem. Cashier scanned the coupon and it shows on my receipt.

If you check the Terms and Conditions of the Jean Coutu coupon (posted on STB website and here in the OP) you will see it only excludes gift cards and prepaid visa/mc.

The short version is, I think you were lied to. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
2547 posts
1348 upvotes
Montreal
whywhyrfd wrote: Does over the counter medication (Tylenol) qualify? Cashier told me not.
Howitzer1 wrote: I bought Children's Tylenol and a chocolate bar, redeemed my 95 AM no problem. Cashier scanned the coupon and it shows on my receipt.

If you check the Terms and Conditions of the Jean Coutu coupon (posted on STB website and here in the OP) you will see it only excludes gift cards and prepaid visa/mc.

The short version is, I think you were lied to. :)
I’ve run into this before. Issue is not about what is eligible for this promotion or what this cashier said but rather what is eligible for AM altogether. On a previous spend $20 promo I also bought Tylenol and did not receive any AM on the receipt. When I asked I was told medication did not collect AM. I refunded my items and replaced the Tylenol with something else to get to $20 spend.

This may be province specific, my issue was in Quebec. There may be legislation that doesn’t allow loyalty programs on medication but I’m just guessing.
Jul 27, 2016
672 posts
614 upvotes
Kanata
S5 wrote: I’ve run into this before. Issue is not about what is eligible for this promotion or what this cashier said but rather what is eligible for AM altogether. On a previous spend $20 promo I also bought Tylenol and did not receive any AM on the receipt. When I asked I was told medication did not collect AM. I refunded my items and replaced the Tylenol with something else to get to $20 spend.

This may be province specific, my issue was in Quebec. There may be legislation that doesn’t allow loyalty programs on medication but I’m just guessing.
You are correct for medications, ie "prescriptions". I did my $10 redemption in QC as well, but my pre-tax amount was $10.48.

The base earn rate is 1 AM per $15 spent* at Jean Coutu.

*Excludes taxes, postal services, stamps, lotteries, bus tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, prescriptions and other products covered by the Pharmacy Act and its regulations. Cannot be combined with any other Jean Coutu loyalty program, especially the senior discount. Some restrictions may apply.

https://www.jeancoutu.com/en/air-miles-program/
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
2547 posts
1348 upvotes
Montreal
Howitzer1 wrote: You are correct for medications, ie "prescriptions". I did my $10 redemption in QC as well, but my pre-tax amount was $10.48.

The base earn rate is 1 AM per $15 spent* at Jean Coutu.

*Excludes taxes, postal services, stamps, lotteries, bus tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, prescriptions and other products covered by the Pharmacy Act and its regulations. Cannot be combined with any other Jean Coutu loyalty program, especially the senior discount. Some restrictions may apply.

https://www.jeancoutu.com/en/air-miles-program/
Right and as I mentioned above, spending over $20 that included adult Tylenol did not earn any AM. I can’t be bothered to check the Pharmacy Act or its Qc equivalent to see if or how Acetaminophen is regulated.

It’s also possible that had you purchased 2 children’s Tylenol and some fillers, they would have allowed the 190 AM redemption but credited no base AM. Possible whywhyrfd’s cashier knew about the base AM exclusion and incorrectly applied it to all AM functions including their redemption or that your cashier missed the redemption exclusion.

If we are convinced that only the specific coupon exclusions should apply, does that mean redemptions can also be used on prescription meds? I have no answers other than avoiding Tylenol when doing an AM promo at PJC to avoid any potential issues.
May 28, 2016
58 posts
17 upvotes
Does anyone know what shows up on the receipt on a qualifying transaction?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
whywhyrfd wrote: Does anyone know what shows up on the receipt on a qualifying transaction?
See the OP for info on Coupon or Coupon Code
See Reply # 3 by @BigScee who has provided scan of a receipt
It clearly shows the STB Offer coding on it
May 28, 2016
58 posts
17 upvotes
Okay doesn’t look like Tylenol qualifies, I get 0 bonus miles listed on my receipt even though the promo code is listed
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
Reading the terms of this offer, it says "The Cash Miles cannot be used toward the purchase of the Jean Coutu gift cards or Vanilla prepaid cards."

Does that mean I _can_ redeem 95AM for a different GC (McD, Timmys, Starbucks typically seem small)? Or does "Jean Coutu gift cards" mean GCs sold by JC? I don't mind shopping, but GCs saves time.

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
RE - Tylenol etc

This is a case where AirMiles (actually any Loyalty Rewards Program ... or Incentive) is not given on certain purchases
It’s a Provincial Regulation, so it can differ by Province
(In the case of Jean Coutu there’s 3 Provinces in play ... Ontario, Quebec & New Brunswick, so ones Experience can differ depending on where you & the store are)

This came up in another RFD Thread over the Summer
Where @Darknova got a great explanation for the PC Optimum Program from PCO CSReps for each Province’s Regulations
It’s a worthwhile read ... you’ll find it here
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-optim ... #p31236538

Tylenol would fall under this situation:
Quebec:
**Please note, due to QPQ Regulations in Quebec, no targeted offers (including mass offers for the category) will be issued for Over the Counter (OTC) or Natural Product Numbers (NPN). This includes: Allergy (OTC), Analgesics (OTC), Antihistamines, Antineoplastic Agents, Behind the Counter, Cardiovascular Drugs, Cough & Cold (OTC), Ear & Eye Care, Electrolyte (caloric & water), First Aid Products, Footcare, Gastrointestinal Drugs, Hormones & Substitutes, Lozenges & Throat Sprays, Medicinal Fem Hygiene, Misc Din Products, Reduced/Dept/Alloc/Open Codes, Skin & Mucous Membrane Preps, Smoking Cessation, Stomach (OTC), and Vitamins/Minerals/Supplements.
So ya not surprising if folks in Eastern Ontario at Jean Coutu are having different experiences from those who are shopping across the border in Quebec

CC = @whywhyrfd - @Howitzer1 - @S5
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
I redeemed 95AM last Saturday, today it posted to my AM account labeled Shop The Block but only 1BAM like the receipt. Weird but at least it said STB so I am done for that 1 offer