2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

ON/QC/NB - JEAN COUTU - 5 / 15 BAMs when you redeem 95 / 190 Cash Miles towards your purchases (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 3:35 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
674 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
mkl38s wrote: I redeemed 95AM last Saturday, today it posted to my AM account labeled Shop The Block but only 1BAM like the receipt. Weird but at least it said STB so I am done for that 1 offer
I got the same thing.
Member
Mar 19, 2007
392 posts
235 upvotes
No worries. I’m in the same boat.
mkl38s wrote: I redeemed 95AM last Saturday, today it posted to my AM account labeled Shop The Block but only 1BAM like the receipt. Weird but at least it said STB so I am done for that 1 offer
Howitzer1 wrote:
I got the same thing.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11216 posts
8442 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: I redeemed 95AM last Saturday, today it posted to my AM account labeled Shop The Block but only 1BAM like the receipt. Weird but at least it said STB so I am done for that 1 offer
Howitzer1 wrote:
I got the same thing.
daddymac wrote: No worries. I’m in the same boat.
The AMs Earn Rate @ Jean Coutu is 1 AM / $ 15

Sounds like that is what you all are seeing.

The STB BONUS Miles will probably BATCH POST from Jean Coutu
(And likely back date)

As long as you have your receipts that the Redemption went thru ... you are good to go.

Just add to your AirMiles Notes (Everyone should keep a list / spreadsheet) that the STB ones are PENDING
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
674 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
PointsHubby wrote: The AMs Earn Rate @ Jean Coutu is 1 AM / $ 15

Sounds like that is what you all are seeing.

The STB BONUS Miles will probably BATCH POST from Jean Coutu
(And likely back date)

As long as you have your receipts that the Redemption went thru ... you are good to go.

Just add to your AirMiles Notes (Everyone should keep a list / spreadsheet) that the STB ones are PENDING
I only spent $10.49 before taxes. HOWEVER, I just checked my AM transactions from last year and Jean Coutu did the exact same thing... they only posted +1 BAM for me titled "Shop The Block-AMCASH" on Nov 21 2018. Identical to what just happened here.

Looking at my records I see they never posted the other 4 BAMs ... nor did I ever contact AM to get those missing 4 BAMs. Oops Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4463 posts
2088 upvotes
Howitzer1 wrote: I only spent $10.49 before taxes. HOWEVER, I just checked my AM transactions from last year and Jean Coutu did the exact same thing... they only posted +1 BAM for me titled "Shop The Block-AMCASH" on Nov 21 2018. Identical to what just happened here.

Looking at my records I see they never posted the other 4 BAMs ... nor did I ever contact AM to get those missing 4 BAMs. Oops Disappointed But Relieved Face
How did you manage to go back that far? I could only go back to Jan 2019 for last twelve months of transaction :(
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
674 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
mkl38s wrote: How did you manage to go back that far? I could only go back to Jan 2019 for last twelve months of transaction :(
Last December I downloaded my transactions as a PDF ("print to PDF" from my browser).

I saw @PointsHubby recommend this last year when I had found his AirMiles Discussion thread.
Member
Mar 19, 2007
392 posts
235 upvotes
Bought a taxable item for 19.99. Redeemed 190AM. I should be getting 15 BAM, yet only +1 was posted.
8D0E627E-31C9-4263-94AF-10BBB66EFF16.jpeg

Another account, redeemed 95AM, same +1 BAM
8EE638D0-E730-426F-A900-589DF9195E79.jpeg
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2016
674 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
daddymac wrote: Bought a taxable item for 19.99. Redeemed 190AM. I should be getting 15 BAM, yet only +1 was posted.

8D0E627E-31C9-4263-94AF-10BBB66EFF16.jpeg


Another account, redeemed 95AM, same +1 BAM

8EE638D0-E730-426F-A900-589DF9195E79.jpeg
Thanks for the extra data points, good the know (but unfortunate) that that 190 redeem also only yielded 1 BAM.

See my posts above... Jean Coutu did the same thing for me during last year's STB. The good news is, this will still count as a partner offer so it won't affect your final STB BBAMs! You'll just have to chat with AM to get your missing 14 BAMs.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11216 posts
8442 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
daddymac wrote: Bought a taxable item for 19.99. Redeemed 190AM. I should be getting 15 BAM, yet only +1 was posted.

8D0E627E-31C9-4263-94AF-10BBB66EFF16.jpeg


Another account, redeemed 95AM, same +1 BAM

8EE638D0-E730-426F-A900-589DF9195E79.jpeg
Thanks for the pics.
Very helpful
Member
Feb 8, 2015
227 posts
105 upvotes
Manotick, ON
daddymac wrote: Bought a taxable item for 19.99. Redeemed 190AM. I should be getting 15 BAM, yet only +1 was posted.

8D0E627E-31C9-4263-94AF-10BBB66EFF16.jpeg


Another account, redeemed 95AM, same +1 BAM

8EE638D0-E730-426F-A900-589DF9195E79.jpeg
Hey man, which Rachelle Bery is this? I did a redemption @ Rachelle Bery on nov 24th with coupon scanned but it did not post...

It was a "dedicated" Rachelle Bery store in Montreal too...


Edit: For some reason, in the used airmiles section it shows up as IGA even though if you Google this store, it is 100% a Rachelle Bery with its own banner and brands...
RachelleBery.JPG
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2018
961 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Easiest one ever.. too bad nothing near Toronto...
Member
Mar 19, 2007
392 posts
235 upvotes
garmium wrote: Hey man, which Rachelle Bery is this? I did a redemption @ Rachelle Bery on nov 24th with coupon scanned but it did not post...

It was a "dedicated" Rachelle Bery store in Montreal too...


Edit: For some reason, in the used airmiles section it shows up as IGA even though if you Google this store, it is 100% a Rachelle Bery with its own banner and brands...

RachelleBery.JPG
This is the Rachelle Bery at Vaudreuil-Dorion. My purchase was only a little over $10 and redeemed 95AM. Somehow, 1AM per $20 posted and also appeared on the receipt.
Member
Feb 8, 2015
227 posts
105 upvotes
Manotick, ON
daddymac wrote: This is the Rachelle Bery at Vaudreuil-Dorion. My purchase was only a little over $10 and redeemed 95AM. Somehow, 1AM per $20 posted and also appeared on the receipt.
Thanks, what is the Promo Code on your receipt?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4463 posts
2088 upvotes
JC just gave us 5BAM STB they owed whoever redeemed 95AM

Top