2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

ON/QC -RENO-DEPOT - 20 BAMs WU Buy 1 LEPAGE's *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 10:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON

ON/QC -RENO-DEPOT - 20 BAMs WU Buy 1 LEPAGE's *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

OFFER

Offer listed as available in Ontario & Quebec
Buy 1 PL Premium Adhesive and receive 20 BAM. Coupon not required but make sure you're purchasing the correct SKU # item.

* Offer valid November 14 to 27, 2019. Valid at participating Réno-Dépôt locations. Bonus Offer
applies to every qualifying product purchased in store or online. Valid on the following product
SKUs: 0040005 and 0040006.
AIR MILES® Card must be presented at the time of the purchase.
Can be combined with other offer or amount paid as of a deposit on special order. Offer does not
apply to purchases charged to a store charge account. Some conditions apply. Details in store.

* NOTE - Quebec Residents can Order for delivery thru AirMiles Shops.ca
Handy if one is placing a larger order @ Reno Depot
Ontario Residents DONT have this option as Delivery is only available in Quebec

Edited for clarity & to add AirMiles Shops.ca info by @PointsHubby
Edited to correct the THREAD TITLE, and for clarity by @PointsHubby - November 23rd

Edited to correct the THREAD TITLE to reflect the offer as it is listed on STB Website by @PointsHubby - November 24th
Reason: No clear proof that the statements being made that not applicable at Ontario Store has been provided

* SEE TIPS & TRICKS in Reply # 3 for further info
Last edited by magoot on Nov 23rd, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
$5.79 at CTire in QC, $7.37 at RD. Should be able to PM. Don't know if regular cashier can do (Rona Ottawa required customer service. Lowes Ottawa could do at cash but had to look up price online. CTire [unrelated to STB] also required customer service for PM, I guess that's the way they're all going).

If PM at RD is as much effort as Rona and CTire, might be easier just to pay $7.37.

=aw
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TIPS & TRICKS

* As of November 23rd, it is being reported by @magoot
AURORA OFFER DEAD as store is now under liquidation and firm running closure does not honor air miles.

And this banner from the Reno Depot website = https://www.renodepot.com/en
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
values99club wrote: For those of us in Ontario, this will be the last STB event at Reno-Depot in Aurora, the only store in the province!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lowes-c ... t-2330442/

Sad...also will make it worse for next years STB!
And Aurora is hardly convenient for most of us in Ontario
At least last year they allowed shipping in Ontario (to some locations / postal codes)
That’s gone this year
So unless one lives relatively close to the Quebec Border
(for access to Hull / Gatineau - Vaudreuil - Pointe Claire)
Most Ontario Residents have already lost this as a STB PARTNER COUNT
This year
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
At least last year they allowed shipping in Ontario
That’s gone this year
Not sure what you mean, the "coupon" says purchase in-store or online. A tube of PL Premium is $4.97 shipping to Vancouver, probably not worth $7.37+$4.97+tax, though 4th and 5th partners generate (250+20)AM=~$27 each, and 6th and 7th generate (200+20)AM=~$22 each. If you have no other options, RD as 5th or 7th partner might even be worth it. Free shipping is $49+.

[added: just saw this in OP "Ontario Residents DONT have this option as Delivery is only available in Quebec" but I'm not seeing that. I'm lucky enough to drive to QC so this was just a test.
2019-11-21_RD.png
]

=aw
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know why Reno depot's offer does not require any coupon to be presented at cashier and the Rona one does require one?
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
I think Lowes also doesn't require code. Maybe just different systems. Lowes was able to do PM at checkout (but slow and painful), Rona i had to go to CS. Does RD do PM at cash or CS?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Bumping as offer is dead. Please read Post #1, first line= store closure, no air miles prog.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
So because your store is closing you consider the deal dead!? What about the stores in QC?

And while I'm asking, what was your basis for posting that shipping is only to QC? RD site says they ship everywhere in Canada (except, I think, a few places up north). I posted a screen capture of them offering to ship a tube of PL Premium to Vancouver for $4.95
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
aw1883 wrote: So because your store is closing you consider the deal dead!? What about the stores in QC?

And while I'm asking, what was your basis for posting that shipping is only to QC? RD site says they ship everywhere in Canada (except, I think, a few places up north). I posted a screen capture of them offering to ship a tube of PL Premium to Vancouver for $4.95
So because your store is closing you consider the deal dead!? What about the stores in QC?
Already got my PL from Aurora Reno Depot BEFORE announcement. Friend went there this a.m. and clerk said Aurora RD store is now under control of liquidation co and no air miles. 12 RD Stores in QC are also being closed including RD, Rona and Lowes,
https://business.financialpost.com/news ... -in-canada

I never entered that info. Someone else edited my post hoping to help others.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hey Everyone,

This thread has been edited by me.

The THREAD TITLE stands,
As this is how the Offer exists under the STB 2019 Program.

The Offer may be dead in Ontario, but it certainly still exists in Quebec.

To reflect the current info on the situation with Reno Depot that @magoot provided on the lone Ontario store in Aurora
I have added that info to this thread’s TIPS & TRICKs marker

As to the info regarding online ordering & delivery
That comes directly from Reno Depot AirMiles Shops.ca Website pg
https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/reno-depot

But, it is indeed rather vague, because the Reno Depot website states there is the option of Store Pick Up, Parcel Delivery, & Truck Delivery
https://www.renodepot.com/en/parcel-shipping

So it might be a case of YMMV outside of Quebec
I would suggest that anyone ordering from Reno Depot Online ... especially planning to do so thru AirMiles Shops.ca perhaps call Reno Depot HQ for confirmation

ADD ... for the record last year’s STB I tried to ship to Ontario, and although my order went thru on line it was ultimately denied, cuz I did not live anywhere near an actual Reno Depot Store (Aurora was the only Ontario store at the time). So be aware, it seems to me they are using a system of fulfilling their online orders from their nearest brick & mortar stores.

If online ordering does work for anyone outside of Quebec, please let me know ... and I will edit / update this thread again.

Thank you all for your patience & understanding in this ongoing situation
Points Hubby
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
PointsHubby wrote: Hey Everyone,

This thread has been edited by me.

The THREAD TITLE stands,
As this is how the Offer exists under the STB 2019 Program.

The Offer may be dead in Ontario, but it certainly still exists in Quebec.

To reflect the current info on the situation with Reno Depot that @magoot provided on the lone Ontario store in Aurora
I have added that info to this thread’s TIPS & TRICKs marker

As to the info regarding online ordering & delivery
That comes directly from Reno Depot AirMiles Shops.ca Website pg
https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/reno-depot

But, it is indeed rather vague, because the Reno Depot website states there is the option of Store Pick Up, Parcel Delivery, & Truck Delivery
https://www.renodepot.com/en/parcel-shipping

So it might be a case of YMMV outside of Quebec
I would suggest that anyone ordering from Reno Depot Online ... especially planning to do so thru AirMiles Shops.ca perhaps call Reno Depot HQ for confirmation
I'd suggest somehow figuring out an easy and all encompassing post/ thread mentioning specifically the Lowes, Rona and RD store closures across Canada. May save some ppl grief- ie: going to store and discovering air miles not being honored.
Last edited by magoot on Nov 23rd, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
magoot wrote: I'd suggest somehow figuring out an easy and all encompassing post/ thread mentioning specifically the Lowes, Rona and RD store closures across Canada. May save some ppl grief- ie: going to store and discovering air miles not being honored.
BTW friend (resides in TO) ordered PL Premium (on sale $5.97) from Montreal RD, all in, delivered= $12.37
There already exists a thread in the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM covering the announced store closures by Lowes Group Canada
lowes-canada-announces-closure-34-under ... ot-2330442

So far the only store I have heard of not honouring AirMiles ... and only by your account ... not mentioned on the websites ... is the Reno Depot Aurora location.

Hence why I have made the notations in this thread I did
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2954 upvotes
Montreal
Did this offer in store several days ago. There is no coupon, the SKUs don’t match what’s in the offer(I bought the correct product but RD SKUs are NOT the same as Rona) so basically just hoping it somehow gets recorded correctly. Even my bill doesn’t say Lepage or PL anywhere, just some generic adhesive description.

At Rona, everything worked like a charm. Cashier entered code as instructed and BAMs showed up on the bill.

Will wait for BAMs before giving these 2 products to someone who can use them.
Wealthsimple Premium
Dec 4, 2005
343 posts
48 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm very skeptic for Shop the Block offers at Reno Depot in Ontario (Aurora location). I never received Mega Miles from Reno Depot purchase of No More Nails in April 2019
Dec 16, 2006
508 posts
102 upvotes
Cashier told me I won't get the bonus miles if I spend less 20$ per transaction. Anyone can confirme ?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
canada168 wrote: Cashier told me I won't get the bonus miles if I spend less 20$ per transaction. Anyone can confirme ?
That’s probably cuz the Cashier isn’t familiar with STB or other AMs BIG BONUS Events

At Reno Depot the Earn Rate is 1 AM / $ 20
So the Cashier is right when it comes to BASE MILES

But this STB Offer is a BONUS MILES Offer on a specific item
The rules are different for BONUS MILES vs Base Miles
Especially so during BIG BONUS Events

Then all you gotta do is buy the item
And have any needed coupon or code etc
To make it happen / count
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
S5 wrote: Did this offer in store several days ago. There is no coupon, the SKUs don’t match what’s in the offer(I bought the correct product but RD SKUs are NOT the same as Rona) so basically just hoping it somehow gets recorded correctly. Even my bill doesn’t say Lepage or PL anywhere, just some generic adhesive description.

At Rona, everything worked like a charm. Cashier entered code as instructed and BAMs showed up on the bill.

Will wait for BAMs before giving these 2 products to someone who can use them.
The UPC for the 295ml product is 056643002406.
As long as you have that you have proof.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2954 upvotes
Montreal
wra45mon wrote: The UPC for the 295ml product is 056643002406.
As long as you have that you have proof.
Yeah, that is what’s on the invoice. Unlike Lowes which works similarly but has apparently been crediting BAMs within days, nothing so far from RD. Not a big deal but the variability of the AM program with various retailers is an irritant for collectors.
Wealthsimple Premium

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)