1665 posts
493 upvotes
is that review serious? electric oven?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3873 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
the peking duck at Dayali was also just so-so. Not worth the hype. I'd rather go to Dragon Pearl and have ayce peking duck that actually taste decent.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1665 posts
493 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 9:21 pm
the peking duck at Dayali was also just so-so. Not worth the hype. I'd rather go to Dragon Pearl and have ayce peking duck that actually taste decent.
I don't know how many will agree with what you said - Dragon Pearl peking duck is poorly done because it is a buffet and standards are lower. You get unlimited quantities but that doesn't change the low quality. I've been to Dayali and their ducks are done well every time.
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
I agree - I unfortunately have to partake in both restaurants due to parental preferences. While the duck at Dragon Pearl is not the worst thing to eat there, it is not even in the same league as Dayali.

Both good for you yesstyle if you think it's better....way cheaper option
badOne wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:05 am
I don't know how many will agree with what you said - Dragon Pearl peking duck is poorly done because it is a buffet and standards are lower. You get unlimited quantities but that doesn't change the low quality. I've been to Dayali and their ducks are done well every time.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4940 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
Is it quanjude or QJD? Or Quan Ju De?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1665 posts
493 upvotes
Not sure about September, but for August, Dayali was offering a semi-free Peking Duck if you paid for one at a previous dinner. You still had to pay for the condiments and wraps and the sauce, but otherwise was a good deal.
Sep 12, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
I'm a flight attendant in Vancouver who has done the rounds of most of the Beijing Peking duck restaurants . I started with the original branch of Quan Ju De 全聚德 south of Tiananmen at Qianmen. At the time, I was thrilled but ever since I've tried Da Dong , Li qun, and other branches of Quan Ju De. In Beijing, due to its history and volume, the quality of Quan Ju De has declined . I much prefer Bianyifang. But of course, that's Beijing.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16293 posts
4939 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:05 am
antihero wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:27 am
I agree - I unfortunately have to partake in both restaurants due to parental preferences. While the duck at Dragon Pearl is not the worst thing to eat there, it is not even in the same league as Dayali.

Both good for you yesstyle if you think it's better....way cheaper option
Though the cut is thicker, less crispy; I prefer AYCE Peking Duck at Dragon Legend.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11318 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:38 am
Though the cut is thicker, less crispy; I prefer AYCE Peking Duck at Dragon Legend.
Dragon Legend and Dragon Pearl are the same company. The Peking duck should be the same quality at both locations.
I don't have an issue with the Peking duck @ Dragon Pearl, but keep on mind, that's based on the idea that I am only there to have a small portion of Peking duck.
In larger quantity, DP Peking duck might stand out as not as good.
It's one of those "Yeah, tastes good...but doesn't make me want another round" moments, lol.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16293 posts
4939 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 9:50 am
Dragon Legend and Dragon Pearl are the same company. The Peking duck should be the same quality at both locations.
I don't have an issue with the Peking duck @ Dragon Pearl, but keep on mind, that's based on the idea that I am only there to have a small portion of Peking duck.
In larger quantity, DP Peking duck might stand out as not as good.
It's one of those "Yeah, tastes good...but doesn't make me want another round" moments, lol.
I'm from Ottawa and come down to Toronto quite often for work and generally lodge along highway 7 and have eaten at Dragon Legend 6 times already this year.
I literally only eat the Peking Duck (four wraps x 4 servings), some fruit and icecream and I'm done.LOL
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41522 posts
10207 upvotes
My wife is craving for peking duck and we'll be at Pacific Mall to pick up a pair of eyeglasses.

So Dayali is good for that? Any other not too expensive alternatives?

Chung King had a change of management and topmost review says the duck isn't as good as before. I found it dry but it seems a lot of people like it that way.
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_R ... tario.html
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16293 posts
4939 upvotes
Ottawa
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 9:48 am
My wife is craving for peking duck and we'll be at Pacific Mall to pick up a pair of eyeglasses.

So Dayali is good for that? Any other not too expensive alternatives?

Chung King had a change of management and topmost review says the duck isn't as good as before. I found it dry but it seems a lot of people like it that way.
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_R ... tario.html
I liked it.