Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
252 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

Quebec, Eastern Canada Road Trip - shower facility

Where can one find shower facility along the route? Where can one free camp (sleep) for a few hours before moving on?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
4892 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
I suspect you can find showers at truck stops along the route (very common in the US but I've haven't really driven the route you are proposing). You can probably stop at Walmarts to sleep for free along the way if you are sleeping in your car. If you mean setup up a tent, I have no idea if / where you could do that.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9664 posts
2324 upvotes
you can pay the entrance fee to local swimming pools or fitness centers and have a shower there.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10157 posts
7462 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Be aware that many Walmart's of late have opted out of the "overnight RVs" in the parking lot (mostly due to city bylaws). So check with individual stores before you go.. Sucks to be woken up in the middle of the night by a local police officer.
Aug 5, 2007
636 posts
91 upvotes
I can't help with the free aspect, but there are lots of campsites along the way. We stayed mostly in the national parks, and they all have excellent shower and toilet facilities. Free entrance this year to all national parks, and to set up a tent was under $30 (most were low $20s iirc) at all of the ones we went to. The most expensive was a KOA campsite which was $50 with full kitchen available.

As others have said, you can always get a day membership at a gym. However depending on where you are going, those might be hard to come by.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
252 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Very useful info! I will check it out.
Spent hours tried to book jacques cartier "national" park only to be told only one available with no amenities.
And this turn out to be not a National Park so another 8.50×3 person entrance fee plus camp site fee.
Check Koa Quebec and their camp site fee average $50-70 a night.
Sep 27, 2010
149 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Can't add much else to discussion but wanted to mention that I did this trip last year. It was a lot of fun. After Quebec City, the drive is beautiful, with lots of winding roads. Make sure you follow the speed limit. If the highway speed is 100, try to not go much more than 110-115. Even if the roads are completely empty.

Enjoy the seafood. Perce is beautiful.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
252 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you all for your advice and heads up )
It's very difficult to book Park camp site for certain location and date.
Keeping my fingers crossed as i have never driven this far before.