Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 5, 2007
113 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

Question

I have a question about the returning process.

I have a particular question. I ordered online a video game that takes a few days after the release date to deliver and my question is basically can I buy the same game at another store for at a higher price, play it early, and when the other game in the mail finally delivers return that same game, unopened at the store? I'm pretty sure that both games are identical and if they are they should have the same sku on them.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
You run the risk of their being some king of identification sticker on the plastic wrap that games come packaged in. If you can't get this off without tearing the packaging then you are most likely going to be unable to return either game as they will both appear opened. The store is going to be suspicious if you are returning a hot new release a few days after the release date and are going to look for signs of fraud, which incidentally what you are trying.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3353 posts
66 upvotes
Hunter316 wrote:
May 31st, 2008 2:43 am
You run the risk of their being some king of identification sticker on the plastic wrap that games come packaged in. If you can't get this off without tearing the packaging then you are most likely going to be unable to return either game as they will both appear opened. The store is going to be suspicious if you are returning a hot new release a few days after the release date and are going to look for signs of fraud, which incidentally what you are trying.
Hunter raises a good point about the packaging and stuff. The game is still sealed and stuff neither parties loses money. Just OP is impatient and wants to play it first when it comes out.

@ OP are we talking about MGS4 or KungFu Panda? lmfao I kid the panda. =P
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
[OP]
Nov 5, 2007
113 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Kung-Fu Panda obviously.

Kidding, MGS4.