Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2008
54 posts
1 upvote
Brampton

Question about Amazon.ca

Hi guys,

I had a question about amazon and thought I would as a lot of you seem to use that website. I want to know if the free super saving shipping applies before or after I use a gift card. For example, If I put something in the cart worth $50 and I use a gift card worth $20, bringing the price down to $30 (below $39),would i have to pay shipping?

I saw this on the website:

"Applies only to orders with over $39 of merchandise at Amazon.ca, excluding gift-wrap charges, gift certificates, and taxes."

Not sure how to interpret that tho...

It also says for promo certificates:

" May be used in conjunction with a promotional certificate. The qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before the promotional certificate is applied."

Not sure if that applies to gift cards as well.

Any help would be appreciated, I emailed amazon but they gave me such a generic nonsense reply that didnt even answer my question.

3 replies
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe try going through the checkout to the end with your purchase and see if the free shipping applies? That seems to be the easiest way.
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Free shipping still.

All that matters is the original price.

"Applies only to orders with over $39 of merchandise at Amazon.ca, excluding gift-wrap charges, gift certificates, and taxes."

All that means is that you can't buy a gift certificate to make your total order reach $39 (you're not doing this so you're fine). Taxes don't count, and gift wrapping doesn't count. Since your item is $50, you're in the clear (doesn't matter how you pay). Remember, with your purchase make a new account and MAPNEWNCSAVE (promo code) will save you $10 more.
Oct 11, 2008
54 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
HBP wrote: Free shipping still.

All that matters is the original price.

All that means is that you can't buy a gift certificate to make your total order reach $39 (you're not doing this so you're fine). Taxes don't count, and gift wrapping doesn't count. Since your item is $50, you're in the clear (doesn't matter how you pay). Remember, with your purchase make a new account and MAPNEWNCSAVE (promo code) will save you $10 more.
Thanks so much for your help! :cheesygri