PC & Video Games

Question about Battle.net and StarCraft 1?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2013 11:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes

Question about Battle.net and StarCraft 1?

Hi guys,

So I added my serial key for my original StarCraft/Broodwar to battle.net account online, and it added the "StarCraft Anthology" game to my games list. Now I don't technically have that, I have the old StarCraft Battle chest.

Nonetheless it added the games as "Anthology". So tried to download it through the client, but it asks for a CD key after installation, a key which is much "longer" than my original starcraft key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).

Not sure if anyone has run into this before...? I basically can't use the game right now since my old keys, while they activated on Battle.net, won't activate the actual game itself when I try to install.

> :(
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
4 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
When you register your old CD-Key on Battle.net the site will give you a new CD-Key which you can use to activate the digital download version
directly from Blizzard's client.

Log in to battle.net and the new activation key should be in the 'Games & Codes' tab.

I haven't played the main competitive modes in StarCraft's multiplayer in a long time because there are too many cheaters using reveal map hacks
which defeats the purpose of playing. I don't think StarCraft II has those problems since Blizzard makes an effort to keep it clean of hacks
with up to date patches.

If you play StarCraft: Brood War's 'use map settings' mode, I made the Sunken Defense EXPERT community map which is basically like
a tower defense type game.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
x-factor wrote: When you register your old CD-Key on Battle.net the site will give you a new CD-Key which you can use to activate the digital download version
directly from Blizzard's client.

Log in to battle.net and the new activation key should be in the 'Games & Codes' tab.

I haven't played the main competitive modes in StarCraft's multiplayer in a long time because there are too many cheaters using reveal map hacks
which defeats the purpose of playing. I don't think StarCraft II has those problems since Blizzard makes an effort to keep it clean of hacks
with up to date patches.

If you play StarCraft: Brood War's 'use map settings' mode, I made the Sunken Defense EXPERT community map which is basically like
a tower defense type game.
Found it, awesome, thanks for that, very much appreciated.

I actually don't have my discs any more but I still had my old CD key, and someone mentioned you can do a digital download and keep the game as part of your account.

Haven't played in years either. Won't be able to anyway, it looks like it has a serious color glitch on windows 7. Guess this will be for the laptop only. :lol:
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Jul 14, 2008
196 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
go to team liquid to look for tools like chaos launcher or antihack to make your bw experience better

i haven't touched bw in ages though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)