• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2013 5:45 pm
Tags:
None
May 8, 2008
779 posts
11 upvotes

question about car tires

I need get a new set of all season tires (for the non-winter months - already have a set of winter tires). Can I please get some recommendations on brands and how much it would cost? I have some who can change them for me but I need to purchase them - out of curiosity how much does it cost to change tires on average? Can you also tell me what size of tires I need for Acura CSX 2007. Obviously I'm not tire-savvy enough to purchase them used because I won't know how good/bad they're in. Any recommendations on where to buy them in the Guelph or KW area would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26997 posts
4199 upvotes
Tire Rack

Start reading reviews and comparison tests there.
Oct 2, 2012
683 posts
30 upvotes
tires size is easy
goolge search, you should try it sometime

P205/55R16
Apr 18, 2010
577 posts
89 upvotes
immortal1981 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 1:52 pm
goolge search,

P205/55R16
Really? What is this google search thing?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2560 posts
507 upvotes
LONDON
Why are you getting all seasons? Just get summers if you have winters already...
[OP]
May 8, 2008
779 posts
11 upvotes
I actually did Google it first before posting and I didn't get the results I was hoping fr or at least didn't know what I was looking for, obviously I don't know much about this stuff but thanks for the condescension, it makes the world that much better :o )
[OP]
May 8, 2008
779 posts
11 upvotes
MikeMC12 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 2:01 pm
Why are you getting all seasons? Just get summers if you have winters already...
Something that I wasn't aware of- thanks for letting me know. Are summer tires cheaper?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5229 posts
1388 upvotes
Markham
oceania wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 2:23 pm
Something that I wasn't aware of- thanks for letting me know. Are summer tires cheaper?
You have a CSX. You don't need Summer tires. You aren't racing right? You can get summers if you want... just get all season, it's cheaper.

I think your car uses either Bridgestone or Goodyear as OE tires. Just get something like that... or get a Michelin ... Continental ... all of these will be fine. Read reviews, and pick the one that you like the most + your price range.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8635 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
Continential Extreme Contact DWS

and if you're in Toronto: http://simplytire.com/tires16.html

//edit: Falken ZE912 and FK452 (summer) are great tires for the $ too.
//edit2: if you're on a budget, the Barum Bravuris 2 are getting good reviews for a value tire.
Nov 26, 2012
280 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
ExtremeContact DWS is definitely the one to go for. I used to have that on my 07 Civic. It grips really well, amazing wear, and relatively low rolling resistance (At high enough PSI).
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2492 posts
83 upvotes
call acura, ask them what they use on OEM CSXs (my 2011 uses Michelin all seasons) and get the replacement from elsewhere. not sure if 2007 uses TPMS, you should check that out too, because you'll need them on your new rim.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8635 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
Insider wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 3:38 pm
call acura, ask them what they use on OEM CSXs (my 2011 uses Michelin all seasons) and get the replacement from elsewhere. not sure if 2007 uses TPMS, you should check that out too, because you'll need them on your new rim.
Why? OEM doesn't guarantee quality. They probably just went with the largest bulk discount.

You can get a lot more performance per $ by going with one of my recommendations instead.
Jul 7, 2003
292 posts
28 upvotes
I put some General GMAX AS-03 on the gf's Mazda 3. They seem to be well reviewed, a good bang for the buck tire. I was also considering the Conti DWS which are also well reviewed. The Conti had a higher treadwear rating and some reviews say the General tires get noisy. At the time, the savings on the General over the Conti was significant so decided to give them a try.

From my limited driving, they seem like a good tire and the pricing was good. No complaints from the gf either...about the tires that is. :o

There's a $70 rebate right now on them too: http://www.generaltire.com/endlesssummerrebate
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2492 posts
83 upvotes
KevC wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 3:46 pm
Why? OEM doesn't guarantee quality. They probably just went with the largest bulk discount.

You can get a lot more performance per $ by going with one of my recommendations instead.
my point was surrounding budget and simplicity -- OEM (in this case) isn't pricey if purchased elsewhere. if your tire recommendations revolve around budget, we're on the same page.

and, to add, I think they changed tire size from 2007 to 2011, so my advice may not apply. sorry OP, I just realized. if you do decide to call them, specify your car is MY2007
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5229 posts
1388 upvotes
Markham
I have to go against the general trend here a little bit.

I have Continental DWS on my MKV Jetta 2.5. At first they were quiet, gripping, water loving, everything good tires. As time wore on, and I mean only 18 months or so... they are now noisy, uneven, and my mechanic told me one of the 4 is slightly out of round.

I took the issue up with Continental. They told me to get it checked out at their service centers. I was told that the issue is too minor to really do an RMA. Either way, they drive fine... they're just noisy and make weird sounds. One sound is like a bad wheel bearing... I actually ordered that part just to find out it was not the wheel bearing.

I would suggest Michelin's MXM line.

Good luck.
× < >