• Nov 25th, 2013 5:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 23, 2009
140 posts
14 upvotes

Question about EI

Hello. I got laid off about 2 months ago and was eligible for EI. I filed the report and i was elegible for $450 a week.

My old employer (contract job) asked me if I wanted to work and I said hesitantly said yes. So I worked with my old employer for about a month and a half and now the sales site is dying down and they want to put me in a location that is about an hour and a half away. I declined their offer, which means now I am officially unemployed.

I have about 15 more weeks left in my EI payments.

Here are my questions:
-if i take a online course for either real estate or car sales, would they deduct EI payments to me?
-I messed up on a EI report but don't know where to change it. I tried calling them a few times but their line was so busy that I got an automated message saying they cannot pick up my call because it is so busy. What should I do?

I kind of regret coming back to this workplace (older job) because I could’ve just sat at home and collected EI. But I didn’t want to feel like a bum and decline a job that was offered to me.
3 replies
Mar 4, 2007
479 posts
369 upvotes
Halifax
I'd get in touch with them ASAP about any incorrect info. There can be heavy fines and whatnot down the line. You're unemployed so it's not like you don't have the time...
[OP]
Feb 23, 2009
140 posts
14 upvotes
cheruboo wrote:
Nov 25th, 2013 3:15 pm
I'd get in touch with them ASAP about any incorrect info. There can be heavy fines and whatnot down the line. You're unemployed so it's not like you don't have the time...
I have tried calling them back 4 times and I keep getting the answering machine
Mar 4, 2007
479 posts
369 upvotes
Halifax
wing081 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2013 3:35 pm
I have tried calling them back 4 times and I keep getting the answering machine
I know they're always busy but you need to bust your ***** and correct this ASAP since YOU made the mistake, not them.