• Feb 20th, 2011 11:43 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 17, 2010
108 posts
2 upvotes

question about returns without a receipt at walmart

im just curious i know unopened movies and games can be returned without a receipt but what about unopened electronics, game consoles and computers do they all require receipts?

thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1837 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
dude4 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2011 1:32 am
im just curious i know unopened movies and games can be returned without a receipt but what about unopened electronics, game consoles and computers do they all require receipts?

thanks

I believe the most appropriate answer at this point would be "Here we go again :facepalm: "

GYR8
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
dude4 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2011 1:32 am

thanks

I'm just curious about how you possibly missed the search forums tool before asking your question...
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
129 upvotes
Montr
you now need a receipt for any return at walmart
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
61 upvotes
dude4:

Sorry about the rude responses you've received to so far. That happens a lot around here, but I'm not sure why.

(Are people just easily annoyed by these recurring questions? Do they just enjoy being rude to newbies? It's hard to say.)

So, to your question:

In general, it's worth checking out the company's official web site. In this case it's:

http://www.walmart.ca/Customer-Service/Return-Policy.

You'll notice that this site only says "with receipt". Apparently the rules have changed recently, and a receipt is now needed, at least officially, as discussed on this thread:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wal-mart ... pt-910406/

I assume that you, like many posters, are looking to hear of the actual experiences of other shoppers. Some on that thread have reported successful returns without a receipt, but you may not be so lucky.

<--- Aiming to be "Thanked" on 10% of my posts. Please Help!