• Jan 27th, 2008 11:53 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 16, 2007
78 posts

Question about switching from fido Prepaid --> Fido Monthly Plan

Hi,

I have been on Fido Prepaid for the past year and a half, and i want to switch to a monthly plan. When I switch will there be some sort of credit check? ... I am 20 years old and I have had a credit card for 1 year and 11 and a half months already, paid off full every month and never missed a payment. so if i go to monthly payment I should be fine?

thanks,
lani
4 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3696 upvotes
Yes there will be a credit check. Not having credit history will result in a lower score. Worst case is they ask for a deposit, best case is you get a low credit limit.
Dec 31, 1969
They will do a credit check on you. When I went to switch my Telus Pre-Paid phone to a post-paid/montly plan they told me that if it didnt' go through I would either have to leave a deposit of like 200 dollars with them, which they would hold for 1 year then return it to me or they could put me on a cap. The cap basically being like an internet usage cap, basically how it would work is I would a cap of "X" amount of dollars. So if I don't pay my phone bill and it reaches "X" amount of dollars then they will temporarily suspend my phone until I pay some of it off.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3696 upvotes
IoannI wrote: They will do a credit check on you. When I went to switch my Telus Pre-Paid phone to a post-paid/montly plan they told me that if it didnt' go through I would either have to leave a deposit of like 200 dollars with them, which they would hold for 1 year then return it to me or they could put me on a cap. The cap basically being like an internet usage cap, basically how it would work is I would a cap of "X" amount of dollars. So if I don't pay my phone bill and it reaches "X" amount of dollars then they will temporarily suspend my phone until I pay some of it off.
Its called a credit limit, your credit card has one too.
Dec 31, 1969
Whatever thats how they explained it to me, so thats how I write it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)